Covid visa extension after the end of september

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is partially their reason. I can recall tourism businesses were pushing on the government not to end the amnesty last year. They ended the amnesty bui started the covid 19 extensions.

any chance i can come in on a two month visa. get the 30 days extra and then the 60 day covid extension.   what demands would they have .  i have to buy the special insurance?  in this scenerio?

6 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

any chance i can come in on a two month visa. get the 30 days extra and then the 60 day covid extension.   what demands would they have .  i have to buy the special insurance?  in this scenerio?

I cannot predict what will be possible that far in advance. I am only sure that the covid 19 extension will still be available after the 27th of this month.

At this time you would need the $100,000 covid 19 insurance valid for the 60 days that a tourist visa would allow when you enter the country.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I cannot predict what will be possible that far in advance. I am only sure that the covid 19 extension will still be available after the 27th of this month.

At this time you would need the $100,000 covid 19 insurance valid for the 60 days that a tourist visa would allow when you enter the country.

thanks im planning a five month trip.........someone told me im better off coming in on a two monrh visa and extending versus getting the ao visa from abroad.  if i come in on the two month visa, and get the insurance u mention  .. will i need to get more insurance when i extend the two month visa an extra 30 day>??

Lots of people are asking me whether the covid extension program will continue beyond the 27th September deadline. My gut feeling says no. Any tourist who is still “stuck” here should prepare to leave as the PM aims to re-open the borders in October to vaccinated tourists [1/2]

My advice is to apply now for the 60 day extension before the deadline as some Immigration offices are already refusing to extend it. If you’re refused they will tell you to leave the country. If you get it, you can stay until the end of November. But that might be it. Good luck!

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1438110501163057155

16 hours ago, tarzanet said:

Don't wanna give any false hope, but after I got my extension today, an officer told me that the covid extensions will continue at least until end of November. He said it's not official yet, but he looked pretty sure about it 

With the government today already making noises about a backtrack on an October reopening, I would say another extension is looking very likely.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 12:10 AM, nightfox said:

Is there a limit on how many covid extensions you can do?

Not so far.   The 60 days start from when you show up and apply. If your current visa ends on a Sunday for example, you would go in and apply no later than the Friday before. If approved, the 60 day clock starts ticking from that Friday.

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply on the 27th. But best to do it earlier if possible.

OK thank you, it's just that I have 30 days left before my current extension finishes, I see you can apply 45days before it finishes in bkk but I use Jomtien which doesn't seem  to be the same. 

3 minutes ago, Daithi85 said:

OK thank you, it's just that I have 30 days left before my current extension finishes, I see you can apply 45days before it finishes in bkk but I use Jomtien which doesn't seem  to be the same. 

You could try to apply early.

Keep on this forum for any update about it being extended for another 60 days. I expect it be done this week.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply on the 27th. But best to do it earlier if possible.

the immigration office told me they will cancel my current visa (stv) and give 60 days from day of application. is that only for the first covid extension , and if there are more extensions in the future i will get 60 days added to date of expiration?

Edited by at15

19 minutes ago, at15 said:

the immigration office told me they will cancel my current visa (stv) and give 60 days from day of application. is that only for the first covid extension , and if there are more extensions in the future i will get 60 days added to date of expiration?

I depends upon the office where you apply for the extension.

Some do them from the day you apply and others when your current permit to stay ends.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You could try to apply early.

Keep on this forum for any update about it being extended for another 60 days. I expect it be done this week.

I tried to extend it today and they refused and said to come back on the 27th. My permission to stay expires at the end of next month.

Edited by Ohyesuare

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I depends upon the office where you apply for the extension.

Some do them from the day you apply and others when your current permit to stay ends.

I applied at Phuket Town 2 weeks before my 45 day exempt expires.  I filled out the paperwork for the covid extension instead of the 30 day extension because others report this office is granting them.  They went over my paperwork then took my passport and told me to come back on the last day of my visa (which is after Sept 27).  Someone who went just a few days earlier was given a temporary stamp and told to bring their passport back on the last day of their visa.

34 minutes ago, secondtime said:

Someone who went just a few days earlier was given a temporary stamp and told to bring their passport back on the last day of their visa.

They would be doing a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it to get your extension stamp. 

You do not have a visa.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

I tried to extend it today and they refused and said to come back on the 27th. My permission to stay expires at the end of next month.

Might be they do not know yet themselve if Gov.policy could change ...hence the 27 date given 

I'm currently on a visa exemption (45 day) and about 20 days in after completing ASQ, so have roughly 25 days remaining.

I wanted to try doing the COVID extension for 60 days now just in case they don't continue it past this month, however I was curious to know if my existing exemption will be cut short and I'll just get 60 days from when the COVID one is issued, or if it will continue at the end of my current exemption, thus giving me 25 + 60? Seems to be a lot of conflicting statements on this.

Was also curious if the Pattaya immigration was better than the Bangkok one? I heard that the official place in Bangkok, is, well, very official and more difficult than other provinces.

Any advice or thoughts on the above would be most appreciated

Thank you

1 hour ago, PizzaBoi said:

Any advice or thoughts on the above would be most appreciated

First up immigration will make you obtain the standard 30 day extension to your visa exempt entry (also 1900baht) prior to applying for 60 day covid extension.

So obtain your 30 day extension then later obtain your covid extension. The availability of covid extensions will be continued.

Edited by DrJack54

What documents are required in Bkk for the covid extension and how many days they give?

Im currently on extension based on attending school, but it will run out soon.

My understanding is that i get a ED visa cancelation letter from school, then go to the same section i get my extensions and cancel it? Then go to the counter and take que for the covid extension?

Thank you

Edited by buddyy

On 9/14/2021 at 6:54 AM, jvjv said:

I was told to go home last week. Well, they gave me the stamp for exactly one month from that date, but not the 60 days extension.
Unfortunately I don't know the exact details of their reasoning. Background story below in case that might be relevant in some way.

I arrived at the end of December on a normal Tourist visa. I've stayed in Si Racha all this time, and went to their immigration office first.  
They told me to go home earlier this year already, but then I went to the Pattaya immigration office where I got the extensions without any questions.. until now.
(I know one other case of someone who was staying here who had to leave in april because she did not get the extension here, and did not try at another office).
So last week I went again to Pattaya for another extension, and this time they told me they will not do it anymore, I had to do it in Si Racha where I stay. And in Si Racha they told me that they will not give me the extension.

Since I am very grateful to be able to stay here that long (to be with my girlfriend), and was planning to go back anyway before the end of the year, I did not ask more questions and don't know how that decision is made. They did ask my girlfriend if we are married and why not, so maybe their decision is based on that as well.....

so if you get a no from one office .  u can try another office. for instance i would assume samui office is strict but office in thammarat would be looser