Covid visa extension after the end of september

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am certain the 60 day covid 19 extension will be extended.

Well, if you are specifically the one that saying this, then that certainly lends a considerable amount of credibility to the facts. As I had just heard the contrary - from a couple of people that work at a very large visa agency - right next to a huge immigration center in the area where I currerntly reside.

I am so happy to hear this, as otherwise today I was starting to make plans that might need leave for somewhere, anywhere but my home country right now due to the turmoil there right now, after my current covid-extension expires the middle of next month. And, I have no idea where in the world I will go next yet. Everything, everywhere in the world seems to be shut down still now too --> with no known plans for when they are going to open up yet either! ????

Edited by Terry B
not sure how to do this thingy

32 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

But I don't understand how they can open Bangkok.

"Open Bangkok" is misleading. There will still be restrictions on entry.

Regarding covid extensions they will be continued.

When does your current permission of stay end? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Terry B said:

after my current covid-extension expires the middle of next month

The covid extensions will continue.

For peace of mind you could obtain a new covid extension during September. Ask (make sure) that your next 60 day extension would start at end of your current extension.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, at15 said:

First time for me to do this covid extension. I was told by an officer they will cancel my current visa and give me 60 days from the day i apply. Is that how it works for your first time? 

Not usually. They usually do that for the 30-day standard extension. But for the Covid extension, most have reported that the 60 days started from the end of their existing stamp.

Which office did you go to?

2 hours ago, at15 said:

First time for me to do this covid extension. I was told by an officer they will cancel my current visa and give me 60 days from the day i apply. Is that how it works for your first time? 

What type of visa. 

How did you enter Thailand. Tourist visa, visa exempt, or....?

Edited by DrJack54

56 minutes ago, at15 said:

stv which expires at the end of october

With an STV your option is covid extensions. Apply for one prior to expiry of your current permission of stay.

You cannot obtain a non O. In other words even an agent cannot help you with option such as non O volunteering etc.

Apply for covid extension.

Edited by DrJack54

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

With an STV your option is covid extensions. Apply for one prior to expiry of your current permission of stay.

You cannot obtain a non O. In other words even an agent cannot help you with option such as non O volunteering etc.

yes but why are they not tacking 60 days onto my expiration ? they will only give me till end of nov. (about 30 days)

52 minutes ago, bwoy32 said:

The Thaivisa group on fb have started a rumour that it’s due to end. I don’t buy it myself, but many will now buy an overpriced false visa 

there were local immigration officers back in the middle of 2020 who were confident the extension was ending yet its still going

Edited by at15

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

an agent did originally say they can convert me to a non O but then said its not possible and to use covid extensions for now.  they said in late september when stv program ends then they can probably do it. so im hopeful for this to happen. anyone in the same position with stv please let us know if you heard anything.

• Like 1

I was told to go home last week. Well, they gave me the stamp for exactly one month from that date, but not the 60 days extension.
Unfortunately I don't know the exact details of their reasoning. Background story below in case that might be relevant in some way.

I arrived at the end of December on a normal Tourist visa. I've stayed in Si Racha all this time, and went to their immigration office first.  
They told me to go home earlier this year already, but then I went to the Pattaya immigration office where I got the extensions without any questions.. until now.
(I know one other case of someone who was staying here who had to leave in april because she did not get the extension here, and did not try at another office).
So last week I went again to Pattaya for another extension, and this time they told me they will not do it anymore, I had to do it in Si Racha where I stay. And in Si Racha they told me that they will not give me the extension.

Since I am very grateful to be able to stay here that long (to be with my girlfriend), and was planning to go back anyway before the end of the year, I did not ask more questions and don't know how that decision is made. They did ask my girlfriend if we are married and why not, so maybe their decision is based on that as well.....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, at15 said:

an agent did originally say they can convert me to a non O but then said its not possible and to use covid extensions for now.  they said in late september when stv program ends then they can probably do it. so im hopeful for this to happen. anyone in the same position with stv please let us know if you heard anything.

In news thread they just announced that quarantine may end very soon. You can follow that thread in Thai news forum.

Might be step towards end of covid extensions. 

Think your agent is giving poor advice. 

I suggest you obtain covid extension prior to your current expiry of permission of stay. 

Here is snippet from article in news forum. Note it's a proposal.

"Its director Yutthasak Suphasorn will be proposing to the CCSA committee at their next meeting (thought to be this Friday) that from October 1st foreign tourists will not have to quarantine"

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, at15 said:

The terms and conditions for the STV states clearly that regular extensions of stay are not available. I believe if Covid extensions are ended, the only extension an agent will be able to arrange for those who entered with an STV will be a medical extension.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In news thread they just announced that quarantine may end very soon. You can follow that thread in Thai news forum.

Might be step towards end of covid extensions. 

Think your agent is giving poor advice. 

I suggest you obtain covid extension prior to your current expiry of permission of stay. 

Here is snippet from article in news forum. Note it's a proposal.

"Its director Yutthasak Suphasorn will be proposing to the CCSA committee at their next meeting (thought to be this Friday) that from October 1st foreign tourists will not have to quarantine"

that is good news, I may do a visit to America. I would hope quarantine for unvaxed is reduced to 5-10 days.

2 hours ago, at15 said:

that is good news, I may do a visit to America. I would hope quarantine for unvaxed is reduced to 5-10 days.

Nothing is certain. However, I believe it is highly likely that, as with Yellow Fever when entering from infected areas, Covid vaccination will become a requirement for entering Thailand sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am certain the 60 day covid 19 extension will be extended. It will not end until that have opened the country and have many tourists arriving. Or when the border crossings open.

my suspicion on why you state this is as follows. the thais want the foriegners that are in the country to stay as its an economic imput.  is that your logic

51 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

my suspicion on why you state this is as follows. the thais want the foriegners that are in the country to stay as its an economic imput.  is that your logic

Think you would find that there are other reasons. 

Bottom line is that they will continue until things change such as borders are in part open etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stereolab said:

Will Immigration offices(Nong Khai) be inundated with extension requests at the end of September. Thinking particularly about Lao nationals. My extension of stay ends 29th , plan attending on the 22nd.

You can go now if you want.

Just check with io that he will date your next extension starting end of current extension. (which he should)

8 hours ago, yogi yogi said:

That is partially their reason. I can recall tourism businesses were pushing on the government not to end the amnesty last year. They ended the amnesty bui started the covid 19 extensions.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 7:58 PM, mockingbird said:

To state the obvious, the covid extension will end at some stage. I wouldn't want to be relying on its continuation as part of any long term strategy for staying in Thailand.

OP, if you have the funds you could always speak to an agent about a longer term visa.

The Main agents are in Pattaya or Bangkok, I use an agent, but the way things are today, I don't want to go to Pattaya for renewal, so I suppose I will apply for the covid extension, then back on to the retirement exts when the covid exts finish.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bwoy32 said:

The Thaivisa group on fb have started a rumour that it’s due to end. I don’t buy it myself, but many will now buy an overpriced false visa 

How can they do that? Do you mean false stamps? That was stamped out, pun intended, years ago.