Covid visa extension after the end of september

3 hours ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Hope this is legit. Extended till end Nov. Source Chiang Mai news in English

Screenshot_20210921_145132.jpg

Does that mean visa extensions can be stamped into passports up to 26th November, meaning that the final date to be in Thailand is late January?  

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

First up immigration will make you obtain the standard 30 day extension to your visa exempt entry (also 1900baht) prior to applying for 60 day covid extension.

So obtain your 30 day extension then later obtain your covid extension. The availability of covid extensions will be continued.

Thank you for the reply.

So in my case it would be best to get the standard 30 day extension at the end of my visa exemption (in 25 days) and then the COVID extension at the end of that 30 day extension, since now the COVID ones are lasting into November. Therefore in theory I'd be able to have 25 + 30 + 60 = 115 days (nearly 4 months).

Seems a bit too good to be true, but I guess it's possible?

Just now, PizzaBoi said:

Thank you for the reply.

So in my case it would be best to get the standard 30 day extension at the end of my visa exemption (in 25 days) and then the COVID extension at the end of that 30 day extension, since now the COVID ones are lasting into November. Therefore in theory I'd be able to have 25 + 30 + 60 = 115 days (nearly 4 months).

Seems a bit too good to be true, but I guess it's possible?

Exactly.

On the point of the 30day extension before the covid 60 you will not have a choice.

You could try for the covid extension and when made to take the 30 just accept. 

As you say....good deal.

Note if your doing this in Bangkok you will be attending Mueang Thong Thani immigration. Not CW.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Exactly.

On the point of the 30day extension before the covid 60 you will not have a choice.

You could try for the covid extension and when made to take the 30 just accept. 

As you say....good deal.

Note if your doing this in Bangkok you will be attending Mueang Thong Thani immigration. Not CW.

Great, thanks again for the help. One last thing... Will all this be possible at immigration in Pattaya instead of Bangkok? I've never been before, so is there a preferred location that doesn't make things harder than they need to be?

21 minutes ago, PizzaBoi said:

Great, thanks again for the help. One last thing... Will all this be possible at immigration in Pattaya instead of Bangkok? I've never been before, so is there a preferred location that doesn't make things harder than they need to be?

It will be possible at virtually every immigration office.