Two motorbikes collide in Don Hualor, all three people involved pass away

webfact

13 hours ago, Nkpjed said:

If I had 10 baht for every motorbike that has pulled out in front of me without looking, I’d be a millionaire.  It’s one reason no one should ever speed on Thai roads.

The video of this accident from the restaurant security camera was on Thai TV news (34) last night.  It is quite clear and shows the accident in it's horrifying entirety. 

The clip was re-played about ten times so I was able to get a really good look at what happened.

The motorbike with the boy driving and girl on the back had completed the right turn onto the roadway from the restaurant and were proceeding straight ahead. 

The motorcycle came in from the left side of the frame 3 or 4 seconds later at VERY HIGH speed and plowed directly into the rear of the motorbike violently.  bodies flying.   The motorbike DID NOT cut in front of the motorcycle.  When they turned right onto the roadway, the motorcycle was very possibly not even yet visible as it was clearly travelling at such a high rate of speed, it wasn't even close yet.

The cover-up by police for one of their own is already on.  The police statement I read today says they dont' know who was driving which bike and that the dead cop was known as a careful driver. 

Edited by dddave
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So they can't get picked up by speed cameras but able to show at a police check point. I would assume.

Yes... I took a closer look at a big bike or two and there did not seem to be any reason the plate could not be fitted at a suitable angle.  Lack of policing again....