Thailand tipped to be removed from UK’s ‘red list’

webfact

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

British people going to the U.K are not required to have any vaccinations against Covid 

57 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Indeed, self isolation is obviously not quarantine (with the associated costs).

Still expensive if you have to stay in a hotel.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, bartender100 said:

This summer in the England has been wonderful

Did it only rain on 6 days out of seven this year :+)

Seriously though, I wish I was there at the moment. The "lockdown" here does not so much bother me, its all the confusion of what we can/cannot, should/should not do, travel to/do not travel to,  that is the pain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Indeed, Aussies have been putting up with a delusional PM and mini tyrants premiers whom "on the advice of health experts" has practically turned Australia into some kind of prison with very little say for the citizens and by the look of things, it's going to continue so for some time to come..

Perhaps he harks back to the "old days"!????????

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

They do need to quarantine, just not at 14 day  hotel quarantine. Until the UK recognizes vaccines like AZ manufactured in SE Asia, essentially nothing has really changed.

This is about returning Brits.....

3 hours ago, smedly said:

nope

Which part is nope?

4 hours ago, david555 said:

Does that mean  a British national can be refused access to his country ....., just like the Australians do ?????

No. Just a variation on quarantine, depending on the country you're coming from, and where you received your vaccine.

4 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Yeah. OK. I believe you. What isn't mentioned is the UK not accepting visitors vaccinated with certain make of vaccines..

No. Just a variation on quarantine, depending on the country you're coming from, and where you received your vaccine.

3 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

"All travelers" cannot travel.......for example Thais are banned from entering from a red country.

Reverting to amber means that they (and other foreigners) can travel from Thailand, and returning Brits do not need to quarantine.....

No. For British Nationals, just a variation on quarantine, depending on the country you're coming from, and where you received your vaccine.

3 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

If Thailand reverts to Amber, Brits will still have to self quarantine , rather than staying in a quarantine  hotel

Yes.

37 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

However if coming from a country on the "amber" list and unvaccinated, they face mandatory quarantine.

Ditto if vaccinated in a place other than UK, USA, EU

Once off the Red List...Yes, if unvaccinated. If vaccinated in any country other than UK, USA or EU (collective), then 10 days self-isolation, until vaccinations administered in any of the other countries in the world are recognised by the MHRA.

Edited by samtam
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

This is about returning Brits.....

Which part is nope?

what you posted was incorrect - Brits returning from red or amber zones have to quarantine if vaccinated from amber no quarantine - if I misunderstood your post then do forgive 

Edited by smedly

The UK as other countries are now moving to the next step in the pandemic

The control measures have now ran thier course.

We are now in recovery so things will appear to get back for travelers.

2022 looks great so far, possibly normal travel “could” return

I believe we will still need to show some sort of negative test result within 48-72 hours before being allowed to travel, and perhaps testing upon arrival at airports.

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

what you posted was incorrect - Brits returning from red or amber zones have to quarantine - if I misunderstood your post then do forgive 

Then it may be I who is mistaken, but my understanding is that there is no quarantine requirement for Brits returning to the UK. Only if vaccinated outside the UK/EU programmes do they need to SELF-ISOLATE at home.

I think my point was that a change to amber will avoid the expensive/restrictive formal QUARANTINE requirements.

Could this be a factor?

From https://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2021/09/europes-tourism-recovery-falls-short/

"Countries that fared worst were those that rely more on long haul tourism, such as France and Italy and those that imposed the most onerous and volatile travel restrictions, such as the UK, which languished at the bottom of the list achieving just 14.3% of 2019 levels."

top-20-1068x601.png

top-10-1068x601.png