Thailand tipped to be removed from UK’s ‘red list’

webfact

17 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

It’s all political anyway

If Thailand was an Islamic country it would be off the red list

Perhaps Thailand should alter the way it treats vaccinated people arriving from the UK?

Right now the restrictions in the UK are about the same, except for the COVID prisons in Thailand - we don't have those in the UK.

Thailand is being treated in the same way that it treats arrivals from other countries, I'm not sure of the exact reasons but if I were in charge I would do this just due to the disparity in treatment so yes, it would be 100% political and tit for tat.

There is one difference, the UK doesn't need any tourists from Thailand at all.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Perhaps Thailand should alter the way it treats vaccinated people arriving from the UK?

I always feel people bringing up reciprocity wrt how the UK treats Thais trying to visit the UK, in relation to the other way around, have little right to see Thailand in a bad light. 

A major reason is the efficacy of the Chinese vaccines against Delta and, as far as I can see, no formal study into mixing other vaccines with them. At least the UK did formal trials using Pfizer, Moderna and AZ. I have not seen any reports of mixing vaccine trials in Thailand so I might be wrong.

3 minutes ago, tso310 said:

A major reason is the efficacy of the Chinese vaccines against Delta and, as far as I can see, no formal study into mixing other vaccines with them. At least the UK did formal trials using Pfizer, Moderna and AZ. I have not seen any reports of mixing vaccine trials in Thailand so I might be wrong.

I agree no formal trials involving mixing Chinese vaccines with others.

Another reason for non-acceptance of Thai administered vaccinations is that Thailand is full of scams and forgeries, so why would any immigration/health official in the UK/EU/US believe any "Thai certificate of vaccination" ??

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

It’s all political anyway

If Thailand was an Islamic country it would be off the red list

I'm assuming this is a joke. At least I hope it is.

Afghanistan is at the top of that list and I'm fairly sure they're a bit Islamic and with just a quick scan there's Oman and Egypt as well.  That's without a full check.