Getting a statement from Bangkok bank now takes 3-5 days??

Had this happen, was told reason is account opened in Chiangmai branch, we now live in Sattahip. The letter has to be done in Chiangmai and sent to the branch here.  Opened a new account in Sattahip branch and then transferred my 800K to the Sattahip account on iPhone app.  See what happens next year.. Mystery to Me...TIT

I think, the waiting time for a 1-year-statement is different from bank to bank and branch to branch.

Last year I needed one because I never updated my book and Bkk bank Banglamung needed 14 days top rovide it. I was told it has to to be ordered from their HQ in Bangkok.

On 9/15/2021 at 10:12 AM, Mike Teavee said:

It depends on whether you've been regularly keeping your bank book up to date or not. 

I hadn't & so had a period of about 3 months rolled up into 1 transaction which wouldn't have been acceptible to immigration (they need to be able to check that your balance hasn't gone below the 800/400K limits)

I don't keep my book up to date as once it gets filled up they tell me I have to go to my branch in Bangkok to renew, even though I now live in Kalasin. They can't/won't transfer my account to where I am now and my local bank won't open a new account without a work permit. But I only need to show three months in my bank letter for a marriage extension so it isn't a problem. 

On 9/15/2021 at 9:27 AM, ubonjoe said:

How long did you want the statement for?

For a one year statement it takes about 7 days normally at Bangkok Bank. For 1 month to 6 months it is done while you wait.

How long the statement needs to be for depends upon the office you apply at.

Some only want the bank book showing the previous 3 months.

I had a New  Imm officer (the Boss) that wanted a 2 yr statement of my term deposit account + a Letter  . I said that's stupid  the money never left the account We went to the bank and the bank rang the Imm officer (the Boss ) and then She(the Boss) excepted A  letter + copy of the Term deposit book  1 yr Singed and Stamped by the Bank.  

11 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

Kasikorn bank at Jomtien give me a 12 month statement and the letter on the spot - takes them 5 minutes.

In Khon Kaen the same last week, 20 minutes  in and out. I also  made a small ATM withdrawal before I went in and then updated my bank book,  that way it showed what the balance was that day. 

In July it took 8 days (included weekend) for 12 month statement is done in Bangkok. 6 month can be done at local branch. I requested urgent handling but didn’t make a difference. 

Would it be acceptable if you got a statement at local branch at 7 months and near 12 month date

get a 6 month from local branch?  There shouldn’t be any changes on the first 6 months.

7 hours ago, DJ54 said:

In July it took 8 days (included weekend) for 12 month statement is done in Bangkok. 6 month can be done at local branch. I requested urgent handling but didn’t make a difference. 

Would it be acceptable if you got a statement at local branch at 7 months and near 12 month date

get a 6 month from local branch?  There shouldn’t be any changes on the first 6 months.

Believe some have reported doing such - if using for income method make sure it covers the most recent 12 months deposits of 65k or more per month.

8 hours ago, DJ54 said:

That is a big might be accepted.

You would need to be sure the first 6 months included the month you did you current extension. And then the month month you apply.

I considered getting two 6 months statements but decided to get the one year since I did want to take the risk of them not being accepted. And then having to rush to get a 1 year statement that takes at least a week to get here (1 week and a day this year).

Before I requested the one year extension early and then got a 1 month statement to show my most recent transfer.

One thing I’ve learned after dealing with Immigration for the past ten years is that forward planning is essential.  Why?  One must always anticipate changes from previous attempts to accomplish just about anything with our friends at the IO.

In my area we can apply 45 days ahead of the expiration of extensions of stay.  I try to gather all the parts and pieces needed and head to the IO at least a month ahead of time.  In this way, if some unanticipated obstacle appears I have plenty of time to address it.

My BKK Bank branch in past years always needed 7 days to obtain my annual statement.  This year they quoted 3-5 days. Lo and behold they delivered it to me after three business days.