Boom time coming to Thailand as foreigners lead real estate revival, claims Sansiri

webfact

It would be nice if they finished all those constructions that has been started before Covid 19, before they plan ahead.

Take a look at a lot of drone footage from Samui and you see a ton of stuff that yet has to be finished, and at places it looks like a bomb has been dropped on the hillsides on Samui.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

the spending power of foreigners in particular would drive the market ever upward.

most definitely ....leading the charge will be those putting it all in their TG's name to simplify things.

• Haha 2

All I see is a real estate developer trying to sell condos, nothing new here. Obviously, he is going to present a positive outlook. I have never seen a salesman saying it's not a good time to buy his products...

In his defense, I have a few friends from Malaysia, Hong Kong and Singapore who all asked me this year if it was a good time to buy real estate in Bangkok. I told them that I wouldn't, but I may very well be wrong. 

I can see some demand in SEA countries and China that may inject cash in real estate here when borders soon reopen. For myself, I still see new(ish) developments as being overpriced.

presently its a buyers mkt and will remain so until the cuffs come off.easy entry to anyone whos fully vacced will be the lead to the charge .........the morons in charge may be forced to consider such a radical proposal as these possible guests will go elsewhere if they dont.it is becoming the standard elsewhere already.once that happens ,yes theres pent up demand,HK,russia and agghh the dreaded spitting, pushing, buffet rioting,seemingly incontinent hordes from u know where who can still sneak money away from the great marshall in the sky will be joining the throng to invest in condos.they wont touch land.too savvy for that.builders have at last stopped building ,not thru any limited intelligence they have but cold hard facts.they cant sell them.as for sansiri ,many complaints about this company due to shoddy workmanship and over pricing,designs that are shoebox like and unimaginative but thats many new units across the board not just this company.older units hold a cachet in that theyre better built, more spacious and are a lot cheapr per sq m.it will recover  but how fast?that depends on moron control!stand by for the next installment from builders inc as they become increasingly frantic to move their stock and stop the debt and interest piling up.ahh memories of a distant era when follies littered the skyline may be with us shortly.after the big 3 i think other countries nationals will be elsewhere and not consider an investment here as theres so many other more welcoming place to move to,except in small nos that is.greed allied with gross stupidity no matter what gordon gecko tells us does not prosper long term.and with those words of wisdom i shall leave you to ponder.

Wow, it must be painful for them to even release that in the media. Anyway, I'm not fond of Sansiri builds.. Of course, there are some that are nice in the astronomical price ranges, but most of their development is cheap stuff dressed up as "luxury". Would not buy. Other developers are better.

Honestly you can’t believe the verbal diarrhoea coming out of this guys mouth it’s total BS only yesterday I was reading that there are so many unsold condominiums that there is to be an online auction which could save buyers 30/40% on the normal price that alone tells me the property market is in a desperate situation 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaveSamutP said:

Wow, it must be painful for tAhem to even release that in the media. Anyway, I'm not fond of Sansiri builds.. Of course, there are some that are nice in the astronomical price ranges, but most of their development is cheap stuff dressed up as "luxury". Would not buy. Other developers are better.

All pre fabricated put together like a kit with hardly any room between the houses on estates looking like army barracks. They are usually well run though, and not just left to the residents to sort out after they sell them all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

In my view, it sounds like he is trying to sell investor-shares in a failed condominium project...:whistling: 

With that face, he is trying to sell something. He looks like a refrigerator or a used car salesman. Probably used Mercedes or BMW, but definitely used. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

All pre fabricated put together like a kit with hardly any room between the houses on estates looking like army barracks. They are usually well run though, and not just left to the residents to sort out after they sell them all.

Agree on all. They do indeed typically have good management running them instead of many other developers who may bait owners with a decent management company in the first couple years before hiring cheaper others who allow the places to turn into mini ghettos.

I'm more partial to Land and Houses developments, for example. Some others I can't think of at the moment. 

Edited by DaveSamutP
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Virt said:

It would be nice if they finished all those constructions that has been started before Covid 19, before they plan ahead.

Take a look at a lot of drone footage from Samui and you see a ton of stuff that yet has to be finished, and at places it looks like a bomb has been dropped on the hillsides on Samui.

You have links to some of the above videos?

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is either unbelievable hubris, or the fabricated, rose tinted projection of a real estate huckster. A close friend told me that his girlfriend works as a senior level manager for one of Thailand's biggest developers. She told him that they have reduced their building by 90% of what it was pre-Covid, which was around 100 developments a year. She said they are laying off staff, and that they could not lease, or sell anything within the commercial or residential side of things, that was at a price point that made sense. 

Demand is way down. The Chinese market is nearly gone, Russians and others are very hesitant to commit. And the long term tourists are gone too. So, who does that leave? Wealthy Thais, many of whom see the market collapsing, and would rather wait and see how all of this shakes out, and ex-pats, many of whom are smart enough to be shopping for bargains right now. The economy is going remain devastated here, for a very long time to come. And the longer this goes on, the more people are going to be affected by it, and the more desperate some will become. For the wealthy it barely matters. But, there are many middle class who have money invested, and there are alot of Chinese and Russians who bought, and cannot even visit Thailand. Some of them will want to unload their properties. Wait. The condo market is severely overbuilt. And demand is low, for all but the top buildings.

They build for the high end (Chinese) market and are still making profit.

Edited by FritsSikkink

46 minutes ago, Virt said:

You have links to some of the above videos?

A fool and his money is soon parted! The Thai government does not realise that wealthy people are wealthy because they do not fall for the gilded lily "bulls**t. The have a brain that functions and will not be conned by some smooth real estate salesperson. The will look for stability and medium to long term returns that are not a floating risk.

• Like 1

I think the general sentiment of whar he's saying is true. There's loadsa people and investors waiting to come back to Thailand and many would have bought over the past 18 months. There's still plenty of money in those investors coffers just waiting to be spent. Estate agents are also still getting plenty of international enquiries....................In contrast to Sansiri's past 18 month sales, it's bound to appear like a 'boom time'. Nothing wrong in his spin, it's his job to create the effervescence in the market.................................

I think the general sentiment of whar he's saying is true. There's loadsa people and investors waiting to come back to Thailand and many would have bought over the past 18 months. There's still plenty of money in those investors coffers just waiting to be spent. Estate agents are also still getting plenty of international enquiries....................In contrast to Sansiri's past 18 month sales, it's bound to appear like a 'boom time'. Nothing wrong in his spin, it's his job to create the effervescence in the market.................................