Boom time coming to Thailand as foreigners lead real estate revival, claims Sansiri

webfact

3 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Why would anyone be desperate to invest in Thailand? 

I own a nice condo in Pattaya,  but I never ever refer to it as an investment.. 

Most condos actually loose value. 

Mine will hold it's value, due to amazing views and good location. 

25 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

You have links to some of the above videos?

I remember  one constructionsite on the east side, where i 3 vacations in a row, saw the same unfinished construction site on a hillside.

It was clearly visible from the boat tours that sailed past Koh Mat Lang and it was not pretty.

Lots of palms/trees that has been cut down on the hillside to make some room for seperate bungalows.

ok ok, comparing it to a bomb site might be a bit over the top, but it sure didn't look pretty.

Will see if i can find a few examples of what i meant, but maybe i should have used other words, because when i read them again it seems like i think that the Island are full of sites like this on Samui.

Sorry about that.

Normally i'm used to see a whole lot of new construction sites on Samui, since i did a lot of fishing trips and regular tour boats across the island during my trips there, and must say they are normally quite good at finishing what they start.

• Like 1

I will place him in the same hat as the TAT people and Prayut's gang.... all are like a flock of parrots also known as pandemonium, too much of nothing coming out of their mouths  555

pandemonium
noun [ U ]uk
a situation in which there is a lot of noise and confusion because people are excited, angry, or frightened:

pan·de·mo·ni·um

(păn′də-mō′nē-əm)
n.
A condition or scene of noisy confusion:

5 hours ago, webfact said:

his company expected a boomtime

does he knows no boom boom's are allowed.... I asked my masseuse if she was interested in some boom boom time  and she said "" no boom boom, now only eat banana ""   555

He could be right........ if we were allowed to buy not only a house, but also the land it sits on!

Apart from which, Thai property prices are way too high. One can buy in Europe or the USA for less!

I'll wait until the Covid induced crash comes and prices fall off a cliff.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tonypandy said:

Another mentioning the Chinese will lead the way. But with all the new restrictions imposed by the Chinese government on investing in property overseas and with strict new rules on transferring money out of China I'm afraid this is not going to happen. I think wishful thinking on thier behalf 

The new restrictions by the China Banking Regulatory Commission to cut off fundings are targetted at countries like UK and Australia. They encourage investments into countries that have have association with the One Belt and Road projects. Thailand is the top draw property investment destination of the Chinese. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The new restrictions by the China Banking Regulatory Commission to cut off fundings are targetted at countries like UK and Australia. They encourage investments into countries that have have association with the One Belt and Road projects. Thailand is the top draw property investment destination of the Chinese. 

Here comes the Borg Assimilation

1 hour ago, murraynz said:

I own a nice condo in Pattaya,  but I never ever refer to it as an investment.. 

Most condos actually loose value. 

Mine will hold it's value, due to amazing views and good location. 

Thought it was only the Thais that we’re delusional about second had property values, but obviously not.

Most people on this board don't understand how frustrated people in HK Singapore China and Malaysia have been these past 18 months. They've not been able to travel overseas all this time and are desperate to visit Thailand and other places. Many have been making good money and been saving a lot as nothing to spend it on. Sansiri have not been hugely successful by luck.. They do their homework. I know lots of mates, former colleagues who plan to buy a holiday pad when things reopen. 

Strange as it may seem, I think that he is right & this country will bounce back, only one problem

is that the developers & us business people still have to tread water for 2 more years, many will not be able to do so & will go under or give up paying greedy Landlords when lease runs out & walk away

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Demand is way down. The Chinese market is nearly gone, Russians and others are very hesitant to commit. And the long term tourists are gone too. So, who does that leave? Wealthy Thais, many of whom see the market collapsing, and would rather wait and see how all of this shakes out, and ex-pats, many of whom are smart enough to be shopping for bargains right now. The economy is going remain devastated here, for a very long time to come. And the longer this goes on, the more people are going to be affected by it, and the more desperate some will become. For the wealthy it barely matters. But, there are many middle class who have money invested, and there are alot of Chinese and Russians who bought, and cannot even visit Thailand. Some of them will want to unload their properties.

I'm not so sure, I feel many are close to financial ruin and are selling off, especially in areas like Phuket and Pattaya. Hua Hin is staying pretty normal, as the wealthy Thais have been moving there over the last few years and buying up the slightly cheaper villas. 

How long do you thin the prices will continue to drop?

I feel they are 20% down on average already.