No guarantees of entertainment/nightlife opening for October tourism reopening proposal in Pattaya, officials want to focus on cultural and natural activities

webfact

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

If all entertainment venues will remain shut, you can take all your lofty dreams of millions of tourists coming back and throw them to the bin, i'm yet to meet any tourists whom, when in Thailand, didn't ventured out at night for a look see and to 'walking streets' throughout Thailand and sit somewhere for a cold beer and enjoy the hustle and bustle of the bars, restaurants and cafe scene and the atmosphere of the place that's make Thailand so unique...

Whilst I agree with your post 100 %, I cannot help feeling that too many people are going overboard with the opening of Pattaya and other resorts.

In order for the  " Hustlle and Bustle " that you describe to be seen, it needs a spark. and that spark will be large amunts of Money flying around.

Many seem to think that on October 1st, the Tarmac on the Aiport runways is going to melt with all the Planes landing, full to capacity with high rolling Tourists that will spend their entire life savings in Thailand during their 2/3 week Holiday.

I wish the opening well, and the Thai people well in their Business,s , but I cannot see the return of any spark soon.

Edited by Cake Monster
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 2long said:

I love a beer, in a special bar as well as a restaurant, but these establishments should be the last to open. So, there's some sense in opening other places first, at least to test the water and get SOME tourists through the door.

What other places?

Pattaya does not have other places.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Tell the potential British tourists that they can come, but the bars and clubs will be closed.  They'll be queueing at the travel agents, for Spain.

Some though, especially those who've been here before, won't believe how closed it is and will come anyway.  Those should be fun to watch.  ????

Edited by DefaultName
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Pretty much all you can do for nightlife is hit up 7-Eleven for your adult beverages and pick up one (or two) freelancers along beach road and head back hand in hand back to your room.

The New Normal for sure since April.  My girlfriend and I go to the local thai market for beer and/or Hong Thong (try to stay away from spending at CP all) 

We engage in nightlife activities at the condo pool or on my balcony.   Music, dancing, swimming, conversing with neighbors and friends....It's all good man

Peace

4 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

The New Normal for sure since April.  My girlfriend and I go to the local thai market for beer and/or Hong Thong (try to stay away from spending at CP all) 

We engage in nightlife activities at the condo pool or on my balcony.   Music, dancing, swimming, conversing with neighbors and friends....It's all good man

Peace

Hmmmm My condo pool (and gym) has been closed for months ???? 

• Sad 1

And cultural, natural bring in how much tourism and how much of your GDP? You have to get booze in restaurants and kids in school before you can open entertainment.....and news flash. The longer you wait the more foreigners will find other places to go and that tourism revenue will be gone forever

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Gosh, it's like they WANT the reopening to fail.

Tourists don't, IMO, go to Pattaya for Thai culture, and the city is IMO a grot hole with terrible traffic. Other than Temple of Truth, Mini Siam, Alcazar and Tiffany, what is there to see that can't be seen elsewhere that doesn't involve staying in a grot hole?

Forgot the Teddy Bear Museum 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps they learned from what happened in NZ. We opened to quarantine less travel with Australia and got delta and more lockdowns to our despair.

Quarantine less travel is IMO a bad idea.

What? Even for fully vaccinated negative testing farangs? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps they learned from what happened in NZ. We opened to quarantine less travel with Australia and got delta and more lockdowns to our despair.

Quarantine less travel is IMO a bad idea.

Delta is already in Thailand.  Factor in vaxxed only arrivals.  EU is dropping the quarantine.  NZ shuts down with 2 cases. Hardly worth a mention

• Like 1