Save our Sandbox! MoPH send crisis team to Phuket as migrants blamed for infections

webfact

26 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

So tourists, whom they are desperate to attract to the Island are tested to death, but migrant workers are allowed to just swarm in with no testing at all......is that correct?

No, migrant workers are not allowed in like that. This was caused some time back when migrant workers were allowed in easily, either legally or otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He blamed the infections on migrant workers who have come into the province to work causing the spread in communities where they live.

Pesky foreigners...except for the rich ones who spend a lot of course-they're great.

So maybe pesky poor foreigners doing the low paid menial work...

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm confused. I thought all tourists were tested and ALL people entering the province - so how come the migrant workers weren't ? They cannot spread it if they were tested and found on  entry. Just possible blame game to me

Perhaps it's the flood of young unvaccinated sex workers "flocking" (I love that word 555) to Puke-et from all over this great nation we live in?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Agree, it is migrant workers who arrived from other parts of Thailand who are to blame. They flocked back and employers were demanding staff. 

Imo these migrant workers are mainly Thai.

Yes, but why not testing them?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I'm confused. I thought all tourists were tested and ALL people entering the province - so how come the migrant workers weren't ? They cannot spread it if they were tested and found on  entry. Just possible blame game to me

I am also confused, because I thought that all the Local population on the Isalnd had been Vaccinated ?

The crisis team should have gone in over a week ago, for what good they will do.

Cha - Cha Thailand. I guess too many Committees, Sub Committees and meetings were the issue for the delay.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

i suspect when someone is blaming them for spreading covid , it does...

Strange reasoning. They say 'migrant workers' you think 'foreigners', so migrant workers must equate foreigners.. And when questioned you refer back to migrant workers meaning foreigners in their minds.

5 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I am also confused, because I thought that all the Local population on the Isalnd had been Vaccinated ?

That was never the case I dont think they reached 70% double dosed

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I said at the very beginning there are just too many moving parts to make the sandbox work. If its not the overseas restrictions on travel that will continue until critical mass returns in 2023/24, then it is the domestic caused issues. How do you think these migrant workers move around Thailand and into and out of Thailand? Just look at the fishing industry in Samut Prakan and the workers that were moved into the factories/boats without the cost of quarantine, causing huge outbreaks. That is all in the public domain. There is whole ecosystem that supports migrant workers that we don't see - yet we feel the efforts across our business and the broader economy until we end up where we are today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The meaning of a sandbox is attract foreigners for holidays, so all 2 x vaccinated are welcome, with a 2 weeks beach quarantine, means NO migrant workers NO inland workers who are not vaccinated, that's the reason for the new infections, they will NEVER learn.

• Like 1