Moderna jabs to reach Thailand from mid-October

webfact

mo.jpg

By Pear Maneechote

Thailand’s acquisition of the highly anticipated Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will see the first batch arriving by mid-October, with deliveries continuing to March 2022, the government confirmed on Thursday.

The Thai Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), together with Zuellig Pharma LTD and the Thailand’s Private Hospital Association (PHA), have worked to secure a total of 1,958,400 million doses of the mRNA vaccine for the country by the end of the year.

The organization aims to deliver the first batch of 300,000 around mid-October, according to the Ministry of Public Health.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/32759/moderna-jabs-to-reach-thailand-from-mid-october/

ti.jpg
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Two million doses. In a country with a seventy million people . That translates to one in seventy getting fully vaccinated with the Moderna  vaccine. 

Good Luck. 

They have ordered a lot more Pfizer than Moderna.  Also this it just the first order of Moderna.  There is a second order coming next year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rwill said:

They have ordered a lot more Pfizer than Moderna.  Also this it just the first order of Moderna.  There is a second order coming next year.

Did you read the article above?  

"Thailand’s acquisition of the highly anticipated Moderna COVID-19 vaccine will see the first batch arriving by mid-October, with deliveries continuing to March 2022, the government confirmed on Thursday."

The part about deliveries continuing till March 2022. Nothing about any deliveries after that. The Gov was supposed to be ordering 5 million shots in earlier reports but Thai Red Cross got a portion of that so this I think this is what is left of deliveries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Khun Yogi said:

A bit late for those who have already paid as it appears the peak has past.

They shouldn't have paid then. 

I only paid half, and if I change my mind and take another one(Pfizer), I've only lost 1200 baht. Actually, I might give it to a friend. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Also, can get a refund if you are not offered the vaccine this year. 

by law yes but you're in Thailand, i wouldn't count on it, eventually you can but it will take year +, by then i'll probably forgot about it ????

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

BKK hospital website reads Moderna can be given 6 months after 2nd AZ jab.....

This is what they recommended here in uk. 2nd jabs have started but they recommend 6 months after 2nd jab. So mine will be around November then let's see what uk will do about the traffic light system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveE13 said:

This is what they recommended here in uk. 2nd jabs have started but they recommend 6 months after 2nd jab. So mine will be around November then let's see what uk will do about the traffic light system.

I should of said booster jabs now started.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO), together with Zuellig Pharma LTD and the Thailand’s Private Hospital Association (PHA), have worked to

In other words, the GPO stopped being obstructionist and let private organizations get the job done right.

2 hours ago, DaveE13 said:

I just purchased 1 Moderna, ( 1650 baht ) possibly get the booster in late February.......

Edited by CANSIAM

I have had Sinovac and AstraZeneca. I am not looking at Moderna as a booster because my country will not accept a combination for return travel. I will take both Moderna shots at the proper interval. I would like to buy a couple for my Thai wife, she has only had two Sinovac jabs.

• Haha 1

Could There Be a Non-Vaccine COVID Cure?

https://news.yahoo.com/could-non-vaccine-covid-cure-074820921.html

He also doesn’t think we should be too invested in the Biden administration sending vaccines overseas.

“They’re going to want to hedge against the unknown, you know, a new variant coming alongside the population. So as a matter of national security, the doses that have been secured by the administration are going to be kept by the administration.”

2 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Could There Be a Non-Vaccine COVID Cure?

https://news.yahoo.com/could-non-vaccine-covid-cure-074820921.html

He also doesn’t think we should be too invested in the Biden administration sending vaccines overseas.

“They’re going to want to hedge against the unknown, you know, a new variant coming alongside the population. So as a matter of national security, the doses that have been secured by the administration are going to be kept by the administration.”

Except that these vaccines have an expiration date. So I imagine as their expiration looms, they will be sent abroad, unless it turns out that they're needed. Or the govt will reduce demand leaving more production available for other nations.