Moderna jabs to reach Thailand from mid-October

webfact

12 hours ago, JayBird said:

About time.  Good news.

How long after getting second AZ, should one wait before getting moderna?

AZ probably has the longest lasting protection of current vaccines- probably wait 6-12 months depending on what results show after the coming months.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, sirineou said:

Two million doses. In a country with a seventy million people . That translates to one in seventy getting fully vaccinated with the Moderna  vaccine. 

Good Luck. 

Since Moderna have been incapable of fulfilling orders and supplies it would be prudent to consider alternatives. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mommysboy said:

AZ probably has the longest lasting protection of current vaccines- probably wait 6-12 months depending on what results show after the coming months.

LONDON, Aug 25 (Reuters) - Protection against COVID-19 offered by two doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech and the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccines begins to fade within six months, underscoring the need for booster shots, according to researchers in Britain.

After five to six months, the effectiveness of the Pfizer jab at preventing COVID-19 infection in the month after the second dose fell from 88% to 74%, an analysis of data collected in Britain's ZOE COVID study showed.

For the AstraZeneca vaccine, effectiveness fell from 77% to 67% after four to five months.

Edited by bkk6060

23 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Jeez, good luck to all the folks mixing 3 different types vaccines.  Sinovac, AZ, Moderna.  Maybe throw in a J and J at some point?  Seems kind of crazy with no real research to support any of it.

JJ and AZ are viral vector, 6 months after the second AZ if available or even if recommended at the time interval per say, should JJ be the booster if double vaxed with AZ ? or AZ again for that matter......

Edited by CANSIAM

On 9/17/2021 at 8:16 AM, sirineou said:

Two million doses. In a country with a seventy million people . That translates to one in seventy getting fully vaccinated with the Moderna  vaccine. 

Good Luck. 

There was never an idea/promise that a major part of the population will get Moderna. From the start it was always the paid private hospital stuff.

Among the many headlines about vaccination one caught my attention, saying that Moderna immunization lasts much longer than Pfizer.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 9:58 AM, Isaan sailor said:

If they notify you of a prepaid Moderna appointment—can you delay it if needed?

They are aware that many applicants have already some kind of vaccination in the meantime.

There recently was a questionnaire from THG group.

As far as I remember it was started from a LINE post.

All in Thai language. I tried my luck to state that I already got the plebs vaccination (Sinovac + AZ (27 Aug)) and would like to have Moderna not before November.

Maybe you have to contact your hospital directly.

On 9/17/2021 at 9:58 AM, Isaan sailor said:

If they notify you of a prepaid Moderna appointment—can you delay it if needed?

As far as i know you can even change names on the appointment,so you could sell it if you

already received another injection.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2021 at 7:49 AM, JayBird said:

About time.  Good news.

How long after getting second AZ, should one wait before getting moderna?

I'd say you're good for at least 6 months after the second jab. Considering the 8-12 week interval between 2 AZ jabs probably 9 months. That is of course purely an estimation but 2 times AZ provides very high protection against serious illness. A long interval between 2 jabs also provides more durable protection. I'd wait as long as possible before getting a booster (first or second quarter next year depending on when you got the 2nd jab).

Edited by AgentSmith

On 9/18/2021 at 11:36 AM, 4MyEgo said:

I am pretty sure they won't have a problem with that, i.e. if you tell them you have received two jabs of Pfizer as I have done.

Worst case scenario, you can sell it to someone else as they allow name transfer.

I am looking forward to the wife getting her 1st hopefully in October as we paid for ours shots in June, but am worried the Thai Red Cross will go for the 1.1 million it forced the Thai Government to secure for them from the private hospital consortiums batch of 5 million at the last hour.

The above said if my wife gets hers in October I will push for mine as a possible 3rd dose in March/April if required, otherwise I have a buyer eager to take it.

Thanks.  That’s our situation too.  Got two Pfizer shots, now waiting for Thai wife…

• Like 1