Hua Hin reopening: TAT expects many tourists to arrive from Hong Kong

webfact

40 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

a mlot of talking like a headless chicken... They don't investigate, they assume, predict, what they call think,(it is more fantasy ) hope, etc... But in reality it will be nothinhg 

What?

"The Manager report was surprisingly lacking in predictions of numbers or revenue."

Hardly surprising after the failure of the Phuket Sandbox which reached only 25% of the predicted numbers.

Tourists would be crazy to come here with the constant flip flops, odious paperwork and testing, and mixed messages from various Govt departments.

Edited by edwinchester
  • Like 1

I been waiting to get back into Hong kong without quarantine for a long time. I'm a HK Permanent ID Card holder. TAT haven't got a clue. The HK'ers aren't going to come. Do they know it's the rainy season as well?

Edited by rbkk
  • Like 2

On 9/18/2021 at 1:16 PM, Will B Good said:

Returning to HK from Thailand (Group A country).......book my ticket now!!!

Persons applicable: Hong Kong residents who have stayed in Group A specified place(s) during the relevant period (the day of boarding for/arrival at Hong Kong or during the 21 days before that day) and who - 

Have been fully vaccinated and hold recognised vaccination record
Boarding requirement:
  1. Present recognised vaccination record;
  2. Negative result proof of a PCR-based nucleic acid test for COVID-19 within 72 hours; and
  3. Confirmation of room reservation in a DQH for not less than 21 nights

Quarantine requirement:

Undergo compulsory quarantine for 21 days in a designated quarantine hotel;

Undergo 6 tests during compulsory quarantine (professional swab sampling);

Self-monitoring in the subsequent 7 days; and

Compulsory testing on the 26th day of arrival at Hong Kong at any Community Testing Centre (CTC)

Exactly the reason those of us in HKG can't go to Thailand. Was planning on a trip in Jan if they can get it back to 1 week or less. 

Once it was realised covid wasn't ebola and those that want to be vaccinated have been - there's not much else that can be done. Time to open up.

On 9/18/2021 at 12:05 PM, webfact said:

Issara Sathapanaset expects most of the visitors to be Hong Kongers, Scandinavians, Malaysians and Singaporeans. 

Come on Khun Issara, why not Martians and moon dwellers? I hear they are big spenders. Perhaps even retire and buy property here. 

3 hours ago, rbkk said:

I been waiting to get back into Hong kong without quarantine for a long time. I'm a HK Permanent ID Card holder. TAT haven't got a clue. The HK'ers aren't going to come. Do they know it's the rainy season as well?

Me too...and, as you know, there are plenty of nice beaches to go to in Hong Kong,  AND,restaurants, bars are open. No stupid alcohol restrictions there. No curfew. 

But the 21days of quarantine are a killer......even when you're fully vaxed (with Pfizer in my case)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rbkk said:

Ditto. All my family and are HK PR and haven't been back since Covid.. Not expecting them to drop quarantine until mid next year at the earliest and that will only be with approval from Beijing. TAT really haven't got a clue. Sandbox won't work either. Fully open without any restrictions other than every visitor, adults I mean, shows proof of double vaccination. That's the only workable solution.. 

32 minutes ago, Charlie Halliday said:

I cannot actually believe this clown has been quoted.. Anyone entering Hong Kong has to do a 21 day quarantine in a hotel with regular tests. There is no chance anyone from Hong Kong is coming here until their qurantine is dropped. And the earliest that will be is after April next year.. Honestly this Thai govt are becoming the worlds laughing stock. 

27 minutes ago, Charlie Halliday said:

Ditto. All my family and are HK PR and haven't been back since Covid.. Not expecting them to drop quarantine until mid next year at the earliest and that will only be with approval from Beijing. TAT really haven't got a clue. Sandbox won't work either. Fully open without any restrictions other than every visitor, adults I mean, shows proof of double vaccination. That's the only workable solution.. 

So who's going to ring and tell them? 555

7 hours ago, rbkk said:

Here another one, no I'm not a permanent ID card holder but like to visit HK for long time.

And than we have to listen to this stupid talk of a manager who is 'working' for the TAT.

• Like 1