Booster shots for Sinovac recipients available next week

Jonathan Fairfield

Where will the shots be available?  I'm an over 75 who received my first AstraZeneca at Bang Sue on July 5th.  I'm told that Bang Sue is not giving second shots any more and the hospitals and websites that I've checked are only giving first shots.  Where will these second and booster shots be available?  I hope that we are informed where to go or sign up later in the month.  Why can't the local press publicize where the vaccines will be available.  Why is everything here so <deleted>?

Edited by metisdead
Profane acronym removed.

2 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

If people had been give a proven 1st and 2nd jab in the first place, instead of this Sinovac,  then the booster jabs could have been given a lot later in the Year,  I think WHO recommended 6 months after your 2nd jab... 

"BANGKOK: Thailand received on Wednesday (Feb 24, 2021) its first 200,000 doses of Sinovac Biotech's CoronaVac, the country's first batch of coronavirus vaccines, with inoculations set to begin in a few days."

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/thailand-covid-19-china-vaccine-sinovac-coronavac-371746

What 'proven' vaccines were readily available to Thailand back then?

26 minutes ago, SmartyMarty said:

may as well drink a glass of water instead of a chinese vaccine booster.

JAKARTA, Aug 5 (Reuters) - The COVID-19 death rate for people in the Indonesian capital of Jakarta who were not vaccinated was more than three times higher than those who were, according to new health ministry data.

The mortality rate of those who were not vaccinated was 15.5% compared with 4.1% for those who had received two shots of either the Sinovac (SVA.O) or AstraZeneca (AZN.L) vaccine, according to data from state hospitals and almost 68,000 patients in Jakarta from May to July.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/indonesia-finds-covid-deaths-more-than-three-times-higher-unvaccinated-2021-08-05/

18 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

"BANGKOK: Thailand received on Wednesday (Feb 24, 2021) its first 200,000 doses of Sinovac Biotech's CoronaVac, the country's first batch of coronavirus vaccines, with inoculations set to begin in a few days."

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/asia/thailand-covid-19-china-vaccine-sinovac-coronavac-371746

What 'proven' vaccines were readily available to Thailand back then?

Thailand or should I say this Government had opportunity to purchase /order vacines over 18 months ago, and many Countries did purchase vaccine, but also Thailand refused to join Covax to obtain proven vaccine,, but they chose to buy vaccine from the motherland, no doubt with large brown envelopes attached... 

4 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Thailand or should I say this Government had opportunity to purchase /order vacines over 18 months ago, and many Countries did purchase vaccine, but also Thailand refused to join Covax to obtain proven vaccine,, but they chose to buy vaccine from the motherland, no doubt with large brown envelopes attached... 

No doubt. Purchase/order is one thing; delivery is another.

Unless the U.S. changes its vaccine policy, the world will look at us like hoarders

April 4, 2021 8:00 PM GMT+7

(However), the U.S. has already procured enough vaccines for the entire U.S. population.

In February, the U.S. signed deals with Pfizer and Moderna bringing up the supply from them to 600 million (enough for 300 million people).

It will soon become hard to escape the conclusion that the U.S. is hoarding vaccines.

https://fortune.com/2021/04/04/us-vaccine-hoarding-nationalism-diplomacy-china-russia-india/

Edited by jerrymahoney
3 sentence limit