Bangkok Hospital Pattaya to offer Pfizer walk-in for foreigners 18+ on Tuesday afternoon, first come, first serve

snoop1130

28 minutes ago, GaryPustynskiy said:

Lots of Lao and Burmese.
People started queuing before Central Festival was even open.

secret message in the announcement ????.....??

Bangkok Ho.........................................................................................ernoon, first come, first serve  ???? ????

Have just read through the BHP facebook comments on the happenings of the 'walk-in' vaccinations offered today. Not a good look for BHP and rather sad given their stellar performance when online appointments are in play. Why they decided to arrange a mix of appointment methods for a vaccine that is in high demand is a mystery.

As for those suggesting that walk-ins should have been in play from day one.................no words!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

They could have done walk ins from the start for foreigners. No, let's have them register, send passport and visa info, jump through hoops. And all of a sudden it's just walk in and get a shot.

You can walk in, but you wont get a shot unless you are in line by 7 AM

26 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Yeah I was there today for my first, I could imagine the chaos of walkins. ahahaaa

So now you understand the appointment system is better & more disciplined   ,than your earlier suggestion post ???? 

(link to your post)

https://aseannow.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=1232297&content_commentid=16839072

Edited by david555
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, david555 said:

So now you understand the appointment system is better & more disciplined   ,than your earlier suggestion post ???? 

(link to your post)

https://aseannow.com/?app=core&module=system&controller=content&do=find&content_class=forums_Topic&content_id=1232297&content_commentid=16839072

I get it, still didn't think it should take a month for appointment. But yeah it could get ugly if too many folks showed up at once.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

It was limited to 500 doses only however that was not widely announced before opening.

The limit of 500 was made on BPH's Facebook page the same time the walk-in announcement came out.  Perhaps some missed it, or it was lost when partial info was passed from one person to others, or some just flat out ignored it.

6 minutes ago, bbko said:

The limit of 500 was made on BPH's Facebook page the same time the walk-in announcement came out.  Perhaps some missed it, or it was lost when partial info was passed from one person to others, or some just flat out ignored it.

it is understandable that all readers were hoping / thinking to be in the 500 range ...., and the timing (afternoon ) gave the opportunity to go much earlier to go line up early morning 

Same as a bank run when money crisis start .????

Edited by david555

18 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

They could have done walk ins from the start for foreigners. No, let's have them register, send passport and visa info, jump through hoops. And all of a sudden it's just walk in and get a shot.

Maybe making appointments would keep the crowds down during a pandemic? ????

I have just been down there as I had an appointment for 10am. Due to the walk ins availability, the place was absolutely mobbed, with massive queues and people inches apart from each other. It almost resembled the moshpit at a concert.

I could not see a separate queue for those with an appointment, so registered my astonishment and horror at the appalling lack of safety involved for all concerned with those running it and left.

EDIT: I returned at 3pm and with no queue was processed and jabbed in minutes. The trick is I guess, don't be early.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2021 at 12:27 PM, spidermike007 said:

While this is a good thing, why is nothing like this being offered to the Thai people, who are willing to pay for it? I need to travel back to the US with my Thai wife. As of November 1st, the US will be requiring all international arrivals to be double vaccinated. The sinovac is not even accepted in the US, as an effective vaccine, nor is it acknowledged as a vaccine for entrance. So, hopefully by arriving just prior to the Nov. 1st deadline, we will be allowed entry, and my wife can then easily get the Moderna or Pfizer, likely without any waits, and likely for free. 

I am doing the same thing .Changed my flight from arrival Nov 3 to October 30. My Thai girlfriend will be with me. They said early November for ALL foreign nationals need full vaccination and negative test . US citizen test negative 24 hours before flight to USA. You will be ok if you get there before Nov 1    

23 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I have just been down there as I had an appointment for 10am. Due to the walk ins availability, the place was absolutely mobbed, with massive queues and people inches apart from each other. It almost resembled the moshpit at a concert.

I could not see a separate queue for those with an appointment, so registered my astonishment and horror at the appalling lack of safety involved for all concerned with those running it and left.

EDIT: I returned at 3pm and with no queue was processed and jabbed in minutes. The trick is I guess, don't be early.

I was there yesterday, and was asked for my appointment. I had some friends who were not Thai, and who had no appointment, they were not allowed to be vaccinated. 

There was only one queue, for people with appointments. 

Edited by Danderman123

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I was there yesterday, and was asked for my appointment. I had some friends who were not Thai, and who had no appointment, they were not allowed to be vaccinated. 

There was only one queue, for people with appointments. 

Not true.. So where did the 500 walk-ins go? Some assume that the Asians there were Thais. 

22 hours ago, club said:

I am doing the same thing .Changed my flight from arrival Nov 3 to October 30. My Thai girlfriend will be with me. They said early November for ALL foreign nationals need full vaccination and negative test . US citizen test negative 24 hours before flight to USA. You will be ok if you get there before Nov 1    

Yes, that is what I am told. And the gal at customs and border protection that I spoke to said the Nov. 1st deadline is NOT official yet. Only reported by the media, but not policy as of now. However, it is rumored, so arriving before that date is wise. 

• Like 1