Op-Ed: Thai view on the new AUKUS alliance

webfact

On 9/21/2021 at 2:48 PM, steven100 said:

This is a good move and the correct move by Australia, UK and the US.  I have said all along that Australia should and must have a greater US military presence in Australia's top end,   even just for training and as a deterrent.  The Pine Gap is fine as it's a special communications post, however, a large military base should be located in NT or the Top end.   

And for all those Aussie's who are so naive and object to nuclear subs,  how about looking up China's sudden nuclear expansion in Yumen.  100 new silos for intercontinental ballistic missiles in a desert near the northwestern city of Yumen, a building spree that could signal a major expansion of Beijing’s nuclear capabilities.

Australia needs the US more so than ever now imo.  

Iraq had WMD ... oh that’s right , it was all a lie . I’m Australian and our government is nothing but US butt sniffers. 

Just now, Jenzee said:

Iraq had WMD ... oh that’s right , it was all a lie . I’m Australian and our government is nothing but US butt sniffers. 

how old are you, I would haze a guess your under 45yrs old.  Anyway, the reason I ask is because you have to understand the long long friendly & supportive relationship Australia has had with America,  the Japanese bombed Darwin ports in 1942 ...   WW2   

"On 19 February 1942 Darwin itself was bombed. Japanese fighters and bombers attacked the port and shipping in the harbour twice during the day, killing 252 Allied service personnel and civilians. On 3 March Broome, in Western Australia, was strafed. In succeeding months air attacks were made on many towns in northern Australia including Wyndham, Port Hedland and Derby in Western Australia, Darwin and Katherine in the Northern Territory, Townsville and Mossman in Queensland, and Horn Island in the Torres Strait."

114 American's died during the Japanese invasion ......     so your comment appears very childish and ill-informed to say the least.

It's usually the millennial's who haven't got a clue and just bla .....  bla ..... bla .....  yeah' we don't need anyone !!  yeah' we don't need America '  yeah !!       Lol.

What if Australia wasn't with the Americans ....  and Australia was attacked by the Chinese ?   I can tell you Australia would last about 48 hrs .....   then you will all be eating rice for dinner and everyone put in camps.

Australia needs America now more than WW2,  Australia does not have the military might to fend for itself,  it has a small flotilla of gunships and fighter jets,  which would be blown out of the sky in a heartbeat without any support.

try watching this

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

how old are you, I would haze a guess your under 45yrs old.  Anyway, the reason I ask is because you have to understand the long long friendly & supportive relationship Australia has had with America,  the Japanese bombed Darwin ports in 1942 ...   WW2   

"On 19 February 1942 Darwin itself was bombed. Japanese fighters and bombers attacked the port and shipping in the harbour twice during the day, killing 252 Allied service personnel and civilians. On 3 March Broome, in Western Australia, was strafed. In succeeding months air attacks were made on many towns in northern Australia including Wyndham, Port Hedland and Derby in Western Australia, Darwin and Katherine in the Northern Territory, Townsville and Mossman in Queensland, and Horn Island in the Torres Strait."

114 American's died during the Japanese invasion ......     so your comment appears very childish and ill-informed to say the least.

It's usually the millennial's who haven't got a clue and just bla .....  bla ..... bla .....  yeah' we don't need anyone !!  yeah' we don't need America '  yeah !!       Lol.

What if Australia wasn't with the Americans ....  and Australia was attacked by the Chinese ?   I can tell you Australia would last about 48 hrs .....   then you will all be eating rice for dinner and everyone put in camps.

Australia needs America now more than WW2,  Australia does not have the military might to fend for itself,  it has a small flotilla of gunships and fighter jets,  which would be blown out of the sky in a heartbeat without any support.

try watching this

We are allies with the Japanese

https://www.dfat.gov.au/geo/japan/australia-japan-bilateral-relationship

The Americans will help us if it is thier own self interest for sure but why doesn't New Zealand, who has a much longer military history with Australia than the US also need the protection  of the almighty USA? Australia should act independently as NZ does. China has been our number 1 trading partner for many years. Australia is technically a part of Asia if all goes to <deleted> the Americans won't suddenly become our number one trading partner. Australia didn't need America in WWII. 

Your understanding of military is also lacking China would easily dominate the airspace over Australia even with the help of the good ol US of A. No way America would get air superiority in this region.

Edited by starky
  • Sad 1