Processed my Extension of Stay at CW today - OA Retirement with Insurance - Monthly Income method

Other than arriving at 0900 and getting a queue number of 115 that meant a long wait, all my documents were in order except a new one was added when an initial check of my documents were made - see attached.

Documents submitted:

Copies of passport page with all previous visas, latest entry stamp, and front and back of departure card

Receipt for the most recent 90 day report

TM 30

Signed and dated overstay forms - one new form added see attached

Computer generated map of my apartment location

Insurance documents for the period covering the extension of stay

Credit advice letter from BBL and Letter verifying my account balance - one day old

Copy of my bankbook pages for the previous year and an updated balance made for today's visit

Provided original bankbook for examination

Although the bank documents are required, the immigration officer seemed much more interested in the copies of the bankbook that I had made and thoroughly examined that bankbook, as well.

The attachment to this post was reduced to one page and I had to sign for receipt.  It would appear that the sole purpose of this form is to obliterate and attempt by persons doing extensions of stay to rely on the 'combination' method of money in the bank and sufficient monthly transfers from abroad to equal 800,000 baht.  At any rate, I would never recommend that anyone attempt the 'combo' method at CW.

Waiting area was very crowded and limited number of people could enter.  One can track the progress of the queue by downloading the QR on a smart phone or by peering through the windows from the outside.

1112337993_Policeorder35-2562changeof327-2557clasue2.22(Eng).pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the updated bankbook did you also make a transaction, deposit/withdrawal? 

Income Method...No bank statements mentioned?

Map of where you live? 

No lease or proof of where you live? Edit: notice you provided 90 day report.

You mention copies of all visas.. you mean extensions. 

Copy of your non O-A visa.

How did you apply for your insurance, meaning dated from and till? 

Edited by DrJack54

17 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Could you not screenshot the attachment? I don't really want to download their additional toilet roll, thanks!

I forgot to get a copy of the form before I left -- sorry.  No screen shot available.

Just now, pookiki said:

About 3:05 PM.

I did my marriage extension of stay yesterday/Monday/20 Sep at CW....arrived at 7:40am before the CW office actually opened....rec'd a pre-queue number of 114...they handed out approx 200 pre-queue numbers.  After these pre-queue number were handed out anyone arriving at 8am were not issued a pre-queue number....just had to wait for all of those with pre-queue number to get in to office and be issued specific area queue numbers.

The pre-queue number was to control the flow (prevent a stampede) when the office began letting people thru the doors at 8am to receive a specific queue number.  I got a specific queue number 21 for the Long Stay Section (a.ka., L section).   That L21 number resulted in the wife and I getting called around 9:35am for the IO to process my application.  At 9:55am I was done...had the approval stamp in my passport....heading out the door to go home.   

I expect if you could have arrived a little before 8am you would have been done by around 10am to 11am. 

Did my extention of stay retirement Kalasin Immigration today. 

Got the GSB bank statement 800k,  (forgot to update the bank book) self photo's,  had to photocopy the usual passport photo's, then asked for bank book update. Had to put 1,000฿. 

All in about 1 hour. 

No problem. 

4 minutes ago, Pib said:

I bet the number of customers that Map Ta Phut and Kalasin immigration offices service is a small fraction of CW's.   

Even by Immigration Jomtien (Chonburi ) it takes me only 5 minutes every year  , on condition i go early possible KK bank (line up 30 minutes before 09'00 clock opening )  for 800K letter and after a walk  around the corner to Immigration , that time almost nobody inside !

As your doc. are o.k. in full , it is a flash visit there. ????

I pity the Bangkokian farangs ????

• Confused 1

I'm thinking the folks with "Sleepy Hollow" type immigration offices where they get serviced when immediately walking in....basically no queue at all....would be shocked if having to use CW where high queue numbers/long waits are common although there are times you can get your business don't pretty quickly.  Don't get me wrong...any immigration office that's able to service a customer pretty much immediately is great!

But hey, us Bangkokian city slickers are use to the CW immigration office with its large crowd of customers each and every day, all day long..  And so far after a dozen or so retirement/marriage extensions of stay done at CW I have always found CW fair and helpful (knock on wood). 

If a person can get to CW when if first opens, most of the time they can get their business done within a couple of hours...be done and walking out the door between 10 to 12....by lunch hour.  But if not getting done by the one hour lunch break when the office shuts down completely and doesn't reopen till 1pm, well, that can turn your extension application into almost an all day affair in some cases especially when you add in travel time.  And the CW office does stay open to 5pm (or longer when customers who arrive by around 3pm are still being serviced).  Yea, CW is a good office but just a very busy/crowded office.

52 minutes ago, Pib said:

I'm thinking the folks with "Sleepy Hollow" type immigration offices where they get serviced when immediately walking in....basically no queue at all....would be shocked if having to use CW where high queue numbers/long waits are common although there are times you can get your business don't pretty quickly.  Don't get me wrong...any immigration office that's able to service a customer pretty much immediately is great!

But hey, us Bangkokian city slickers are use to the CW immigration office with its large crowd of customers each and every day, all day long..  And so far after a dozen or so retirement/marriage extensions of stay done at CW I have always found CW fair and helpful (knock on wood). 

If a person can get to CW when if first opens, most of the time they can get their business done within a couple of hours...be done and walking out the door between 10 to 12....by lunch hour.  But if not getting done by the one hour lunch break when the office shuts down completely and doesn't reopen till 1pm, well, that can turn your extension application into almost an all day affair in some cases especially when you add in travel time.  And the CW office does stay open to 5pm (or longer when customers who arrive by around 3pm are still being serviced).  Yea, CW is a good office but just a very busy/crowded office.

90 day reporting can you do this a week in advance before due date and believe you can
Thanks

13 hours ago, pookiki said:

all my documents were in order except a new one was added when an initial check of my documents were made - see attached.

That form has been required for the last few years - you may have just forgotten that you signed it last year. 

13 hours ago, pookiki said:

It would appear that the sole purpose of this form is to obliterate and attempt by persons doing extensions of stay to rely on the 'combination' method of money in the bank and sufficient monthly transfers from abroad to equal 800,000 baht.  At any rate, I would never recommend that anyone attempt the 'combo' method at CW.

Criteria (5) on the form covers the combination method - it's just phrased in a somewhat confusing way.

On 9/21/2021 at 7:27 PM, pookiki said:

Other than arriving at 0900 and getting a queue number of 115 that meant a long wait, all my documents were in order except a new one was added when an initial check of my documents were made - see attached.

I was there about 1.30pm the same day, with 119 ahead of me in the queue. Mine also took 5 hours, which is about the same rate of processing as yours if you factor in the lunchhour. I was there mostly till the end, around 6.30pm they were calling the final numbers (around #230). Not sure how many cases they process on an average day, but it certainly seems it was unusually busy on Tuesday.