Foreigners in Thailand have until Nov 26 to apply for ‘COVID extensions’

3 hours ago, gt162 said:

Retirement extension is 1900 baht per year but Covid extension is 1900 baht x 6= 11,400 baht per year.

That is a very simplistic comparison.

Extensions retirement have other requirements, money in bank for example.

Pretty rich for anyone using ongoing covid extensions made available by Thai government and flipping it to being about Thai are lucky to have them. 

I would be extremely happy with the covid extensions if I were needing them.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Pretty rich for anyone using ongoing covid extensions made available by Thai government and flipping it to being about Thai are lucky to have them. 

Simplistic but Thai immigration earn more money from covid extensions .

Money in the bank does nothing for Thai immigration .

I do not believe any foreigner thinks That Thailand is lucky to have them . I believe they are grateful that the extensions are available . Good business for both parties .

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 4:39 PM, Percy P said:

But there still vaccinating UK tourists with Thai vaccines which Thai injection mix are not excepted by the UK authorities. 

Still waiting for my first vaccination. Registered at Hua Hin hospital been a number of times, but never have any vaccine.  If Malaysia were to lift there lockdown I wouldn't be able to go there.no doubt they'll require you to have been vaccinated

On 9/22/2021 at 8:10 AM, riverhigh said:

Hopefully this so called covid extension will be relegated to the dustbin of history and people can get back to normal life. With vaccines becoming more available (yesterday they anounced that Phizer was available to people 18+ at Central Festival) people allegedly stuck in Thailand can make their way back home. 

You are clearly upset by the existence of the Covid Extension.

In what way do those who utilize it affect your life?

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 7:01 AM, DrJack54 said:

I extended last year 2020 in Dec... At the time, an insurance policy was needed to apply for the extension of my retirement Visa.... which cost me about 13K ฿...

Is this insurance policy still required at this date for retirement visa extension?

I'm also considering to go off the retirement Visa extension, and INSTEAD, apply for the CoVid EXTENSION visa... considering the cost of the: 
- retirement Visa 1900฿
- 800k in the bank, and
- 13K for price of insurance policy
...versus the CoVid extension for 60 days until end of January seems to be a much lower cost (1900x6 = 11400 for 1 year)... granted at the hassle of having to renew every 60 days... 

Is it even possible to change from a retirement extension to a covid extension?

In my case, I'm also not sure if I plan to stay the full year in Thailand. Though I might. Depends on covid restrictions and regulations.

what's everyone's thought on this?

what do you think are the advantages and disadvantages?

14 minutes ago, wrazoru said:

what do you think are the advantages and disadvantages?

I can understand the argument.

Keep in mind that covid extensions will not continue forever.

Currently you could obtain one late Nov and that would see you through till end Jan. With quarantine set to end at some stage. It's possible covid extensions will end.

If it was easy to exit and reenter Thailand next year then you could obtain a new non O based on retirement and extensions do not require insurance. 

Personally I would stick with obtaining extension from your non O-A. Might be more expensive but much more simple.

Review the situation in 12 months.

• Haha 1