Foreigners in Thailand have until Nov 26 to apply for ‘COVID extensions’

1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

My friend will be getting his next extension then in cnx like many.To be fair  it worked for many who have stayed there since the outbreak.I don,t think it will last much longer now the jabs are being issued

I got extension without no problem

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

very true, unbelievable what people say sometimes! those it applies to should be very happy its that easy. Those of us that own a business and employ people are thankful that these people are here as they are helping to support the community. 

I agree, while there are so many things wrong with this country , you also have to give them credit where credit is due.
I often speak out about the negatives here , but let's face it, it's not all doom and gloom . Thailand also has a lot going for it, otherwise people wouldn't still be here .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, userabcd said:

"On Monday (Sept 20) Immigration released an order to confirm the extension of the grace period given to foreigners stuck in Thailand due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

Foreigners stuck in Thailand......yeah right.

read the form you submit to immigration for extending. they say the reason: "pandemic situation of covid-19 is still on going"

when the WHO declares the pandemic is over then the covid extensions will end.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, rct99q said:

A bit off topic, but curious. I have had a reply in regards to extensions, that it is needed to be done by October 1st as there is a shake up happening within immigration. 

Anybody with any knowledge to what Might be happening?

Thanks.

Yes, I got that email from Grace, too. LOL

Edited by StayinThailand2much

A question for those who come as tourists, then stay for a long time on these extensions;

How do you afford it, and what happens to your job? 

I'm retired now but, when I was a tourist, I had to get back to work or I'd have lost my job, and my money would have run out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

A question for those who come as tourists, then stay for a long time on these extensions;

I'm retired now but, when I was a tourist, I had to get back to work or I'd have lost my job, and my money would have run out.

And how do they manage future retirement finances such as pensions, savings etc...?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sweetserenity said:

So how do i apply for this visa? what are the requirments? my STV is running out soon.. So we have to come with an excuse regarding why we would want to stay longer?

You've just been given the reason, pandemic  situation of covid 19 still ongoing,  by another poster, couldn't of put it better myself, tell them when you apply you want a covid 60 day extension, fill in the paperwork, 2 photos and all the photocopies of passport pages  and hand it over with your passport and 1900 baht, if your lucky like I was they will stamp you in there and then.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, userabcd said:

And how do they manage future retirement finances such as pensions, savings etc...?

IME a lot don't think that far ahead! I know a couple of guys who "lived their lives in reverse" by which i mean that during their potential earning years, they were enjoying themselves "on the beach" taking jobs to get just enough for the next 6 months.

Then again some people work in industries where work/rest cycles are measured in weeks or months (think offshore oil workers for example) and do manage to put something by for their dotage. A colleague of mine in the ME used to look at his monthly salary and operate a "spend one, save one" system. Others of us had our own ways of saving and enjoying our free time.

Problem with that is, one often reaches a point where that becomes unsustainable and typically that point coincides with reaching an age where choices dry out. And, of course, the pandemic has removed a lot of people's choices.

Having said all that, everyone has the right to live their life as (s)he chooses but decisions frequently have consequences both good and bad.

Edited by VBF
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, lolalol said:

A very generous decision by Thai Gov. 

Not really when you consider the huge deficit in the number of foreign tourists here spending money. It can only be of benefit to Thailand to keep as many as possible in situ spending money - it’s hardly as if there’s overcrowding in this respect!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DefaultName said:

That was your situation , many have different situations.

My story is i have developed a business to provide income and have used all possible ways to remain in Thailand . Now I can apply for a retirement deal and live happily ever after .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, riverhigh said:

Hopefully this so called covid extension will be relegated to the dustbin of history and people can get back to normal life. With vaccines becoming more available (yesterday they anounced that Phizer was available to people 18+ at Central Festival) people allegedly stuck in Thailand can make their way back home. 

Hopefully the river rises beyond your control

• Like 2

On 9/22/2021 at 8:10 AM, riverhigh said:

Hopefully this so called covid extension will be relegated to the dustbin of history and people can get back to normal life. With vaccines becoming more available (yesterday they anounced that Phizer was available to people 18+ at Central Festival) people allegedly stuck in Thailand can make their way back home. 

But there still vaccinating UK tourists with Thai vaccines which Thai injection mix are not excepted by the UK authorities. 

On 9/22/2021 at 8:10 AM, riverhigh said:

And if you don't want to get vaccine ? If I already had covid and now have not got it but got antibodys thus making it majority immune then I can go in a restraunte yes and go back uk after 1st october ?

On 9/22/2021 at 4:50 PM, natway09 said:

I think Thailand have been very sympathetic & generous with these extensions, because there really is not a Farang here that could not have gone by now if they wished

Its all about the money , nothing to do with sympathy or being generous . Immigration officers remain employed where many have been put out to pasture in the pandemic period . Many landlords must be very grateful too .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, itsari said:

Its all about the money , nothing to do with sympathy or being generous . Immigration officers remain employed where many have been put out to pasture in the pandemic period . Many landlords must be very grateful too .

Exactly, Thai Immigration makes 1900 baht every 2 months plus money foreigners spend on rent, food, clothing, entertainment, etc etc. Very few tourists are going to Thailand under current Thai requirements.

Retirement extension is 1900 baht per year but Covid extension is 1900 baht x 6= 11,400 baht per year. 

• Thanks 1