Dual pricing at Thai hospital case: Decision delayed after case handed to judges

snoop1130

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your argument is in direct contradiction with your intention of justify dual pricing and highlights a greater ‘dual standards’ issue. 

Even IF Mr Buse had a Work Permit, he would still encounter Dual-Pricing, equally, so if he had PR status because the policy is based on Nationality not residency status (and thats the same with national parks and other government ran public parks and sports facilities).

Additionally, its very unlikely Mr Buse had PR status because it's so difficult for a foreigner to get compared to a Thai living in Australia or the UK (the duals standard issue).

Example: I’m married to a Thai, have lived here over 20 years - but I can’t get PR because I’ve never worked here for a 3 year period in one stretch. If I went to the same hospital I’d suffer dual-pricing.

However, if we lived in the UK for over 20 years my Wife would already be a British citizen and receive free health care.

I had no such intention. My intention was to point out that dual pricing was the norm in most countries so Mr Buse had no case. Whether it's harder or not to get residency in Thailand than Australia is a different matter altogether.

• Like 1

Dual pricing exists outside of Thailand. We call it many things and change up the language to disguise what it is, but if the goal is to extract more money from a non-local population than charged for the local population on the basis of making a profit, it is dual pricing at its core. We can sit here an nitpick until everyone's fingers bleed, but it is what it is.

If the prices are clear and up front, you have a choice to pay the fee or not. You can take your business elsewhere as a consumer. If the prices are hidden and your hit with a huge bill after the fact, then it's wrong in my opinion.

• Like 1