Internet Freedom: Thailand drops as Freedom House gives damning assessment - Iceland top, China bottom

webfact

54 minutes ago, thanaka said:

it literally doesn't matter for the vast majority of people. Also important to note many people use VPN already so it makes no difference where they are.

All I know is that I have a reliable 1000mbs fiber connection here on the land, while in my home country I could get the same only in a city

Not referring to raw data speed...talking about the speed of the creative iEconomy the Thai authorities are always talking up...limited freedom of thought doesn't help these plans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thanaka said:

it literally doesn't matter for the vast majority of people. Also important to note many people use VPN already so it makes no difference where they are.

All I know is that I have a reliable 1000mbs fiber connection here on the land, while in my home country I could get the same only in a city

Thats great but unfortunately most TVs TV boxes phones and computers only support 100 Mbps 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posts with comments on moderation have been removed as per the following forum rule:

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) ASEANNOW.com to discuss moderation policy.

6 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

This is important news.

Why hasn't there been an NNT report about it?

(I think I know the answer.)

This is old news - I don't remember but there was an international assessment a few months back that showed Thailand is on the bottom of the internet freedom with only Iran, China and North Korea being worse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, tonray said:

Still waiting for Facebook to grow a pair and turn Thai to English translation back on...and waiting....and waiting...and waiting

I'm using the Brave browser, and if you highlight the Thai text a tiny G icon appears and if you click that you get the translation. It only works for a limited number of words but is probably good enough for a couple of short sentences. And it appears to be very accurate.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

Still waiting for Facebook to grow a pair and turn Thai to English translation back on...and waiting....and waiting...and waiting

so that's what happened to it.

A word in a post about the Thai royal family was mis-translated in an unfortunate way, so that was it. No more translations until they got their house in order. Which they haven't, and maybe they can't be bothered to pussyfoot around Thai sensitivities and so it might be gone for good. Wasn't up to much anyway. See my post above though, and it works very well. It uses Google translate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It never was that good. I mostly reviewed incomprehensible. Google do a far better job with much still to be improved on. 

7 hours ago, tonray said:

Why did that happen??

Ok I got it now. As per the posts above

Edited by drgoon
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, drgoon said:

Why did that happen??

53 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A word in a post about the Thai royal family was mis-translated in an unfortunate way, so that was it. No more translations until they got their house in order.

• Like 1