Leading doctor cites Phuket Sandbox as example of what will happen when Bangkok reopens

webfact

3 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Hardly anyone in Hospital ,out of over 1000 cases about 14 in hospital.

start adding zero's and see how the numbers look

NZ another country late to the vaccine party - I think they now realise it was an error and that severe lock downs only delay

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

It did fail.

They forecast 100,000 got at most 30,000.

Only 6,000 estimated real tourists.

Families being separated, with children taken off to hospital, isn't the easiest sell in the world for Thomas Cook.

UK's domestic tourist areas like Cornwall, have received record bookings for next summer.

Tells you all you need to know about the future of Thai tourism.

No one's coming.

They didn't get the numbers they wanted but the concept didn't fail which was what I was referring to. 

As to the outlook for genuine tourism I answered that aspect on another thread. It's a pretty bleak outlook with respect to Europeans at least and certainly as long as they fiddle around with these restrictions as if vaccinated tourists are the problem.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pattayaorganic said:

I’m just stating scientific facts but if vaccination is the ultimate goal of all of this let’s look at Israel, Gibraltar and Singapore which have 80-100% vaccination rates yet delta is running rampant. Delta is a game changer. Vaccination doesn’t prevent or even reduce viral shedding. Clearly alternate policy goals need to be considered. 

I think you will find that Israel is not as clear cut as you think - their vaccine deployment had a few kinks in it but was very early on deployment and it is still protecting people but seems to indicate that after 6+months a booster shot is advised for over 50's 

onthe other hand Thailand which is still a total shambles both in vaccine choice and deployment numbers is still well behind the cuve  - and now mixing matching and playing around with booster doses and how it is administered trying to take shortcuts using unapproved methods when still only 20% of the population is vaccinated

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pattayaorganic said:

Delta is a game changer. Vaccination doesn’t prevent or even reduce viral shedding. Clearly alternate policy goals need to be considered. 

On the other hand, the US CDC reports that viral load in breakthrough cases descreases remarkably after the forth day:

"Fully vaccinated adults infected with the Delta variant had a faster decline in viral load, implying a shorter duration of viral shedding during hospitalization, compared with unvaccinated adults."

Cycle threshold values

https://www.cdc.gov/library/covid19/08132021_covidupdate.html

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that the Phuket Sandbox could be seen as a model for what will likely occur in Bangkok when the city is opened up more fully. 

So locals will be excluded from entering BKK as in Phuket sand trap? Good luck with that. ????

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Do you need efficacy and real world effectiveness explained ?? 

(google is your friend - I’m too lazy to respond to ill thought out posturing questions). 

Ah so the mighty Google will have all the propaganda anses needed to explain it, I see. 

I'm glad I'm in the majority 5.4 billion not vaxed against 2.5 that have. 

• Sad 1

Hey R R, the USA is maybe a bit stupid, as there are still over 2000 people there dying each day. DYING...

In the USA and Canada, there are still many anti vaxxers who are still able to go to some activities and

still getting sick, and many of them are in the ICUs plugging up the hospitals and creating a crisis that

could have been avoided.   However the big babies who are scared to get a vaccine, do not care for 

anybody but them selves.  Some still have the stupid thought that somehow their freedoms are being

affected.  Even though they all have been vaccinated as children for small pox, polio, typhoid , and

other illnesses, but will not get a vaccine as an adult  .  Stupid is as stupid does.                                                                                                                                                             I believe that in Thailand, there are

fewer people who want to take the chance on catching COVID without being vaccinated, as they cannot 

afford a long hospital stay.  My family have had a few who have spent time in a hospital and it is not cheap.

Good Luck Thailand, carry on.

Geezer

• Thanks 1