Thailand seeks to slash quarantine period for visitors

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, ukrules said:

You don't seem to be getting it, that is my point exactly. Nothing is going to stop it and it's already in Thailand so why are they trying to keep it out at such great cost?

It's already here

COVID is everywhere in Thailand - there's no need to pretend to keep it out - it's already in, attempting to keep it out when it's already in is just plain stupid.

It is not about keeping it out, it is about controlling the spread, and not overwhelming an already inadequate hospital system

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

It is not about keeping it out, it is about controlling the spread, and not overwhelming an already inadequate hospital system

In that case Thailand will never return to 'normal'...one day they will give up on all this nonsense, I doubt it will be any time soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ukrules said:

In that case Thailand will never return to 'normal'...one day they will give up on all this nonsense, I doubt it will be any time soon.

The chances of being normal are high, but I'd say one year from now in 2022 we may have a much better idea of when that may be.  I don't think it will be 2022 either, maybe 2023 for a full open.  Normal being normal visa requirements.  Normal numbers?  That's anyones guess.

• Like 2

Just now, Blumpie said:

LOL

As I've been stating from day one, how many times do you have to be dropped on your head to go on a vacation to any country under any of these restrictions.  And for what?  To look at all the closed shops?  To not be able to leave town?  

That's not my idea of a vacation.  Just sit at home and turn the heat up.  

Or go to one of the other countries which don't have such restrictions.

I'm seeing people on facebook from back in the UK flying off to all sorts of places, just today one of my exes went to Greece. I believe she also went over to the Caribbean at least a couple of times since the pandemic began. No nonsense in those places.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Any period of quarantine will be unacceptable to 99.9% of tourists.

Unless your free to walk to a taxi after clearing immigration, then nobody but returnees is coming.

People keep quoting 70% as the herd immunity level, it is more likely that herd immunity will never be achievable.

I believe the number is more like 90 percent.  And yes, it won't be achievable.  

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I'm a bit confused now with the constant changing of plans.

So for 1st Oct.., it is 10 days quarantine for those unvaccinated. What about those fully vaccinated?

From 1st Nov, it is ???

This isn't a plan it's a pipe dream.

If you go to Thailand thinking that it will be this way or that, you know it will change when you're on a plane on the way there and you will be subject to more quarantining, more tests, more headaches all on your dime.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gold Star said:

Once out of quarantine, can’t go to a bar,  must be back before curfew, can’t wear sunscreen so can’t go out doing things in the sun during the day, why come at all?

Whilst it may not be perfect it's possible to live without alcohol. I had my last drink in Rayong before flying back to the UK just over a year ago and I'm still alive. Unless lack of alcohol causes an enlarged prostate I've had no ill effects. I'd be more worried about workers effected by people not going out to eat because they can't have alcohol. Having said that I'm not sure if an alcohol ban is really needed. The usual reason given is that there are some people who drink more than they can handle and then act irresponsibly.

You can use sunscreen just not with certain ingredients and I suspect most reputable brands don't anyway. Nivea is ok. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, alyx said:

????  I might add that Greece has stood by its decisions and has breathed back life into the local businesses. They were alone at the beginning and now all the Schengen area is following in its track.

Right now we are  in Albania ....reaching Greece, my third home, next week and we can't wait

Been in Europe for three months now and definitely freedom when it comes to not wearing masks and not be imposed curfews and be able to go clubbing as well as party on the beach...and no, it is not crazy to want to live. 

Sounds awesome.  You're tempting me!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Don't let the Brits in at all without quarantine until the Brits here can go back home without quarantine :+)

Same here but you still have to get a test.  And you can still get it prior to boarding a plane.  So I get it, have to stay and quarantine for weeks on my dime in another country then arrange transport again... not worth it right now.  

3 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Sounds awesome.  You're tempting me!

Go for it... the only problem is that I have been delaying my return to Thailand waiting for Bangkok to "open" and now I have to go through all these hurdles and worry about all these steps two months before leaving EU

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Carrbhoy said:

I hope this proposal gets approved. I fly to Bangkok for ASQ end of October. Do you think these changes will be applied to existing bookings or new bookings from a certain date onwards?

Can anyone recall how this worked when introduced previously? Surely there will be adjustment to existing bookings & refunds applied......if not, those last 7 days are going to be painfully long and frustrating!

Also, what will this mean for inter-provincial travel to Chaing Mai. Hopefully this won't require any home isolation / local ASL on arrival after the shorter ASQ and some not so common sense is applied!

I think I'll hold off booking my internal flight to CNX until these proposals are landed and things are a bit clearer. Hopefully, it means good news and the condo I've booked is available 7 days prior to my original check-in date or I'll need to find a hotel for the week!

Sincerely nobody will be able to answer that ( and I am not only referring to this forum)

This being said I would not hold my breath if I had already got the COE as it seems to be your case

• Like 1