Thailand seeks to slash quarantine period for visitors

snoop1130

19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Non vaccinated individuals (with out a medical certificate that they have a vaccine allergy etc) still quarantine (thats their choice). 

So because it's their choice and not due to medical problems they are more infectious? 

It is already known that vaccinated people can get infected and also infect others - even those vaxed by what you call the "effective vaccines".

What many people fail to realise is that the control measures taken in most countries are based on fear, political motivation, or both. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

Lift you up and then smash you back down. With 7 day ASQ I'd be booking my flight right now...but no, they still want 10 days, which would mean 11 nights....

...so much for half ????

7 days for vaccinated/ prc test pre and on arrival. Pcr test day 7…i read in another thai outlet. 10-14 for unvaccinated. Why reward bad behavior and not get vaccinated since its so easy to be in the  USA/UK/EU.  no excuse.  Should  be no vax/ no entry. 

Edited by Bkktodd
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ukrules said:

Under your little plan above you doom the country on a permanent basis.

There will never be 'home quarantine' - it will always involve some convoluted system of state control right down to when you can open your specially supervised by the military hotel door room.

If the currently available vaccines are going to be accepted as in any way useful then there's no need to test vaccinated travelers, no need to quarantine them or anything else, just let them in and leave them alone.

Until that happens the vast majority of people will simply go somewhere else.

For most people their only requirement is warm weather during the the winter months and there's a lot of places within 10 hours flying time from Europe that provide that, those who remove any quarantine requirements will be the winners and people have long memories once they go somewhere new and like it.

All Red Sea towns & cities are wide open for any tourist with PCRs and those who are fully vaccinated. Only 3 to 4 hours away from Rome,London & Paris.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, chalawaan said:

Slash it to nothing. And even then, you'll need tourist areas to be EXACTLY run as they were pre pandemic, no masks either. People vacation to get away from their Covid troubles, not to be forced to double down on them! Ya bobble-headed nu-nu's!

And all the bars operating just as before. There are a lot of lonely guys out there willing to part with all the money they saved during lockdowns and such, requiring that GF experience.

Edited by Straight8

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

until they do away with quarantine, but provided the tourist shows their vaccination cert' .....   no one will come while you still have to sit in a hotel room,  and outside is no beer, no fun, nothing.

Let vaccinated tourists in and get tested during the stay.

Quarantine for unvacinated, tests x2 , 

AFAIR under the current scheme NO airlines will let you fly without being fully vaccinated unless you are returning to your home country.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Sounds awesome.  You're tempting me!

Me too...unfortunately, come the UK winter, Greece isn't as hot and sunny as Thailand at that time of the year, otherwise it would be my winter alternative.

8 hours ago, alyx said:

Although hardly comparable, meanwhile in the Netherlands..."The quarantine requirement for vaccinated travellers arriving from very-high risk countries has ceased"

.https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/netherlands-decision-to-end-quarantine-for-high-risk-countries-becomes-effective/

Interestingly, Thailand is not on that Dutch list of very-high risk countries. I'm hoping, probably in vain, the the UK looks at this and follows suit. Of course that would only benefit people going to UK, the multiple hurdles to get into Thailand would remain.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

What's the betting that the 'double vaxxed' requirement will be changed at the eleventh hour to double vaxxed with last shot no more than 6 months before date of entry ... if longer, then antibody titre test also required!

Oh don't give them any more stupid ideas PLEASE!!!!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Common sense would see the following... 

- Vaccinated arrivals no quarantine 

- Pre-flight PCR test requirement

- Arrival PCR test requirement (24 hr home / hotel quarantine until negative result 

1. Lateral flow is sufficient for fully vaccinated visitors. Why? Testing is not really needed once the population is vaccinated, but until then a pre-flight LFT is sufficient.

2. No quarantine for fully vaccinated. Why? Because any positives are eliminated at pre-flight test.

3. No covid insurance. Why? They are never hospitalised for covid (if comorbidities, it can be a different story).

4. Many changes can be made to simplify the permission to stay.

5. A credible plan to restore and enhance the tourist sector, "build back better" applies to infrastructure and staff.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Common sense would see the following... 

- Vaccinated arrivals no quarantine 

- Pre-flight PCR test requirement

- Arrival PCR test requirement (24 hr home / hotel quarantine until negative result is known)

Only until 70% of the population if vaccinated with an ‘effective’ vaccine (i.e. not Sinpharm / Sinovac, but with Pfizer, Moderna - vaccines of >90% efficacy) 

- Non vaccinated individuals (with out a medical certificate that they have a vaccine allergy etc) still quarantine (thats their choice). 

What is that, "common sense"?

24 minutes ago, Ty Hareways said:

I am a fully vaccinated ,previously 'man-down' with covid man who aims to be a two week miillionaire in Patts over Christmas so even 1 day quarantine would be a day too long.

I, along with my several other two week millionaire pals will NOT be there at Christmas if even 1 day asq is still rearing it's ugly head.

Try Blackpool instead. 

• Haha 2