Health minister denies Thailand rejected 1m dose Pfizer vaccine donation offered by US

snoop1130

19 hours ago, konaboy said:

my wife and I had the same Amphur problem and gave up. Got married in Hawaii!

did they want a tip?

We didn't offer a tip. Perhaps that would have solved it. We were already married in the U.S. Just trying to get our marriage recorded as official in Thailand in case I sought a marriage visa rather than a retirement visa at some point. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, actonion said:

Use of a computer requires  a little education  

Although the knock-off version of Windows 7 currently in use by most government depts, purchased from Pantip is fairly basic. 

Edited by Artisi

21 hours ago, chalawaan said:

It's the fake wings that stick in my craw as well, my Dad was in 2 Para, the Royal Engineers, and 4 Royal Tank Regiment over a twelve year Army stint. He got One (1) general service medal with a Malaya clasp, and wings he bloody well earned. I loathe these two bit fancy dress goons with a visceral hatred.

The military are the problem here, and their societal worship of it (Army Day?) makes me want to throw up in my own mouth. 

They claim never to have been colonized, BS! They bent over for the Japanese, after 3 days of skirmishes, and did a deal. And no less than Churchill wanted them to pay for that, but somehow, they slimed out of that reckoning too! And another thing, the Burmese, in better days, handed them their butts on more than one occasion. 

Thank you. Though the truth may hurt, the truth IS the truth. None of these guys would be prepared to sacrifice one iota of their beings for their nation. None. Utter cowards and despots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lets hope Thailand is following the US Embassy on twitter....555

Thailand will get 1 million doses of vaccine soon, says US Embassy

The US Embassy in Bangkok posted on Twitter on Saturday that the US will donate an additional 1 million doses of safe and effective vaccines to Thailand.

The embassy added that the US and Thailand are working in close coordination to complete all necessary documentation. They look forward to the second shipment of vaccines to Thailand as soon as possible.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40006645

• Like 2

On 9/24/2021 at 9:39 AM, MrJ2U said:

Desperate for vaccines,

especially any without the "Red Star" emblem and low efficiency rates.

Why play these political games while lives are in the balance.

Hopefully he can arrange to get this offer.

It is that old Thai "face" thing again. He has been caught failing in his duty once again, so rather than admitting the truth that he screwed up yet again, thus losing "Face" he is looking for someone NOT in Thailand to blame and it must be the donors of the vaccines, the USA and Tammy Duckworth.

I am surprised that he didn't blame Thaksin Shinawatra as Sudarat Keyuraphan of the TRT party was involved.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

US bureaucracy if you wish to believe Anutin.

OTOH if you believe US Senator Tammy Duckworth .........

I don't believe anything without supporting evidence. And in a case like this evidence from both sides required. 

Any politician/government employee that opens their mouth all I hear are lies until they prove it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Keesters said:

I don't believe anything without supporting evidence. And in a case like this evidence from both sides required. 

Any politician/government employee that opens their mouth all I hear are lies until they prove it. 

I believe in track records also.

Consider the difference between them and count the number of lies each has told. Elected Senator Tammy Duckworth wins by a landslide. She has no need to help Thailand and its people but she does because her mother is Thai. She gains nothing for herself.

And then take Anutin who does little for Thailand and the Thai people but much for himself and his cronies.

Now who do you believe is telling the truth in this particular case?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Consider the difference between them and count the number of lies each has told. Elected Senator Tammy Duckworth wins by a landslide. She has no need to help Thailand and its people but she does because her mother is Thai. She gains nothing for herself.

And then take Anutin who does little for Thailand and the Thai people but much for himself and his cronies.

Agree 100%.  I just emailed my thanks to Senator Duckworth, for her help in the Pfizer donation.  Got my 2nd Pfizer shot last week.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

Read my previous comment. It was clear.