Health minister denies Thailand rejected 1m dose Pfizer vaccine donation offered by US

snoop1130

Khunying Sudarat, US Senator Duckworth meet in Washington DC
September 23, 2021 

Senator Duckworth expressed concern over the COVID-19 situation in Thailand and wants to persuade the Biden administration to donate more vaccines. So far, the US has donated 2.5 million doses of Pfizer to Thailand, 1.5 million of which have already been delivered.

Senator Duckworth also said that the US government is ready to deliver the remaining one million doses, but the Thai government has not yet returned the required response document.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/khunying-sudarat-us-senator-duckworth-meet-in-washington-dc/

So what is a 'response document'? Could be one paragraph or 27 pages of if/then clauses.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, newnative said:

Maybe the weakest excuse since 'the dog ate my homework'.  Get it together already.

Maybe the paperwork was done in Thai or Chinese? Everybody knows Biden has a hard time with English so check the paperwork out. That's 1 million jabs, it would do my whole town and my surrounding towns.

Doesn't seem to be US

From 4 Aug:  "The United States has provided more than 23 million vaccine doses and over $158 million in emergency health and humanitarian assistance to ASEAN members to fight COVID-19 and is committed to a comprehensive set of actions towards ending the global pandemic in 2022."

https://reliefweb.int/report/indonesia/us-support-asean-fighting-covid-19

• Like 2

The D'Oyly Carte Opera Company for their Gilbert & Sullivan productions had someone in the role of Principal Comedian.

I see many in the running for the same spot on AN/TV.  especially from the sarcasm squad.

But maybe put this in the mix:

United States Senator Tammy Duckworth in a meeting with Sudarat Keyuraphan, leader of the Thai Sang Thai Party, 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/33110/the-us-wants-to-send-us-1-million-pfizer-doses-but-cant-because-thai-government-hasnt-done-paperwork/

Thai Sang Thai Party, Lawyer’s Association suing Prayut over Covid crisis

August 11, 2021 -- The Thai Sang Thai Party and the Lawyer’s Association of Thailand are preparing to sue Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha for alleged failure to manage the Covid-19 situation.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004530

2021-09-24_09h37_40.png

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Then this

Anutin accuses US senator of “fake news” over Pfizer delay

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul Thursday refuted comments by US Senator Tammy Duckworth that the next batch of US Pfizer vaccine donated to Thailand is being held up by bureaucracy in Bangkok.

“From the discussion with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, it has been found that the ministry has yet to receive the diplomatic document from the US government about the extra vaccine support to Thailand, so the news is not real,” Anutin said

Sounds like a defamation case, just not sure which party person should file against the other

13 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

This reminds me of when my wife and I tried to get our U.S. marriage certificate put into the registry at the amphur. They required a stamp from a certain office. We went to that office for the stamp. That office wouldn't stamp it until another office would stamp it. We went to that office. They said they couldn't stamp it until the first office would stamp it. So, we went back to that office and were told they wouldn't stamp it until the other one did. We gave up. 

Regretfully we all have been there ......... and then some wonder, why Thailand became a failed state! 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You forgot one important document, a photocopy of US officials pointing at the sealed vaccine containers to authenticate their existence. 

How ignorant of me, mea maxima culpa. The fine for omitting this most important piece is THB 500 or 25 years in jail - or both! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1