Change marriage extension date?

Currently I am on my second marriage extension and this expires on 15-July 2022.  I would like to travel back to the USA next summer but this will be in the middle of my next extension application.  Is there a way to change the date of the extension, or maybe extend the extension or something else?  The problem is that I usually apply one month before the expiration, ie. June 15, 2022 and need to wait until August 15, 2022 to get stamped.  This is exactly when I want to travel back home.   Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you have not applied for one since your last visa entry. And then apply for a re-entry permit to keep it valid. Then apply for the one year extension near the end of it.

You could also apply for a re-entry permit for the under consideration period after you apply for the one year extension. You would have to be back before the report back date on the stamp.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you have not applied for one since your last visa entry. And then apply for a re-entry permit to keep it valid. Then apply for the one year extension near the end of it.

You could also apply for a re-entry permit for the under consideration period after you apply for the one year extension. You would have to be back before the report back date on the stamp.

As always thank you for your advice which I have used so many times.  So I have the extension now and I am in Thailand.  Let's consider the end of May, 2022.  I would apply for a 60 day extension and also get a re-entry permit.   My current extension is good until July 15, 2022.  So after I get another 60 days, I would still have my visa in tact until September 15, 2022.  And this would be fine.  Or as you say I would apply for the one year extension shortly after June 15, 2022 and would have to return by August 15, 2022 to get my stamp.    This would also be OK.  I just want to make sure I understand what you are saying.  I will also go to immigration and see what they say.  Thanks again.

49 minutes ago, koratkarlos said:

As always thank you for your advice which I have used so many times.  So I have the extension now and I am in Thailand.  Let's consider the end of May, 2022.  I would apply for a 60 day extension and also get a re-entry permit.   My current extension is good until July 15, 2022.  So after I get another 60 days, I would still have my visa in tact until September 15, 2022.  And this would be fine.  Or as you say I would apply for the one year extension shortly after June 15, 2022 and would have to return by August 15, 2022 to get my stamp.    This would also be OK.

I am not sure immigration would accept your 60 day extension at the end of May you could try though.

The 60 day extension would start from July 15th that would get you to about September 15th and your new one year extension would start on that day.

If you applied for the one year extension in June and the 30 day under consideration period started on July 15th you would not have to return until before the day your report back date on the under consideration stamp it you get a re-entry permit valid to the report back date.

Correct me if I am wrong it's been along time since I have had a marriage extension, now on retirement extension, but I thought you 30 day under consideration begins when you apply for your new extension, not when your old one expires. So if your extension expires July 15th, 2022 and you go for a new extension on June 20th, then you would have to return July 20th for the final stamp.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, dsj said:

Correct me if I am wrong it's been along time since I have had a marriage extension, now on retirement extension, but I thought you 30 day under consideration begins when you apply for your new extension, not when your old one expires.

Not all office start the under consideration period from the day you apply. Some start it from the day your current extension end.

All of mine (14) have started from the day my extension ends. About all of the offices here in Issan do the same as per instructions from division 4 immigration.

Same for me.  I applied for my extension on June 15, 2021 and was given a 30 day consideration period starting July 15, 2021.  So I was stamped with the extension August 15, 2021.  So at least in Chiang Mai the under consideration period is exactly as ubonjoe states.

Hi, I am new in this forum and I need your gracious advise. I am travelling to Udon Thani on a 30 days tourist visa exempt to marry my fiancee of 6 years in October next month. I looking into applying for a marriage visa extension of 12 months. Should I leave Thailand after my 30 days tourist visa expired and apply the marriage visa in my country or I can do it here since l am already here ? I would be much appreciate if someone can share and guide me through this. Many thanks.

12 minutes ago, Ty30666 said:

Hi, I am new in this forum and I need your gracious advise. I am travelling to Udon Thani on a 30 days tourist visa exempt to marry my fiancee of 6 years in October next month. I looking into applying for a marriage visa extension of 12 months. Should I leave Thailand after my 30 days tourist visa expired and apply the marriage visa in my country or I can do it here since l am already here ? I would be much appreciate if someone can share and guide me through this. Many thanks.

After you get married you can apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai at immigration. It will need to be done 15 days before your 30 day permit to stay ends or the 30 day extension of it. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only on the day you apply.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 days the visa will allow you can apply for a one year extension of stay. The 400k baht will have to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

If you need more time to do the visa application you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your new wife.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

After you get married you can apply for a non-o visa based upon marriage to a Thai at immigration. It will need to be done 15 days before your 30 day permit to stay ends or the 30 day extension of it. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only on the day you apply.

Then during the last 30 days of the 90 days the visa will allow you can apply for a one year extension of stay. The 400k baht will have to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply.

If you need more time to do the visa application you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your new wife.

Thanks Ubonjoe, one last question, as mention I will be on a 30days tourist visa and 14 days to serve for the quarantine in ASQ hotel Bangkok. I have left only 15 days to prepare my marriage paper. I am afraid this 15 days is insufficient for me to do all the marriage paper work progress due to the way the Thai works. Will l be allow to apply for a 60 days covid extension which will be cease on the 27 Nov rather than the normal 30 days

4 minutes ago, Ty30666 said:

Thanks Ubonjoe, one last question, as mention I will be on a 30days tourist visa and 14 days to serve for the quarantine in ASQ hotel Bangkok. I have left only 15 days to prepare my marriage paper. I am afraid this 15 days is insufficient for me to do all the marriage paper work progress due to the way the Thai works. Will l be allow to apply for a 60 days covid extension which will be cease on the 27 Nov rather than the normal 30 days

Most offices will not do the the 60 day covid 19 extension until after you have gotten the 30 the day extension.

4 hours ago, Ty30666 said:

Don't forget before you can get married, you have to go to you Embassy and a certificate or declaration that you are free to marry, so I would do that before you head to Udon Thani if you haven't done it yet.

1 hour ago, dsj said:

Don't forget before you can get married, you have to go to you Embassy and a certificate or declaration that you are free to marry, so I would do that before you head to Udon Thani if you haven't done it yet.

Hi dsj, I have all the requirement documents ready from my country. I just need to find a translator company in Udon to do the documents into Thai. Should be spending quite a bit for all the papers work here. Thanks for the sharing.

48 minutes ago, Ty30666 said:

Hi dsj, I have all the requirement documents ready from my country. I just need to find a translator company in Udon to do the documents into Thai. Should be spending quite a bit for all the papers work here. Thanks for the sharing.

you need a certificate or declaration that you are free to marry, from your Embassy in Thailand, it is not accepted to get it from your home country