Recommendation for visa agent in Bangkok

Hello, I'm here in Bangkok from UK on TR60 visa, hoping to ultimately get 1yr retirement visa.

I'm looking for a visa agent that can assist with bank account opening and non immigrant visa, retirement visa.

I would like to get any ones recommendation where they they have had quick and efficient service.

The company that got my TR60 and COE only seemed to do anything after I requested an update, I don't want a repeat of that.

I've contacted 3 already by email/webchat and none have replied.

Thanks for any info.

57 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You could contact agents such as ThaiVisaCenter.....most have Facebook and Line.

@ThaiVisaCentre

never do that! they charge you with crazy amount of money! I contacted them to extend my already extended visa but was about to expire, they asked me 30K. i told them its already extended before so shouldnt be cheaper.. they said no and actually starting this month they announced that they will raise their so called services. 

My agency did everything 28K for the first time. my second time they charged me only 18K

@GringoSteve

contact me if you need a really good help. Im using this agency for 2 years now and they are great and cheap and no headache at all. 

thaiviacentre will totally rip you of. 

the agency im using will charge you 28K for your first time then if you use them 2nd time it will b eonly 18K thaivisacentre will get your 30-35K for everytime! i suggested my agency to at least 5-6 ppl from this website and they are all happy and thanking me

if you are interested PM me. 

Edited by problemfarang

Indeed, use Line as they usually prefer this app for communication nowadays. Contact a few agencies, get estimates and I'm pretty sure you'll get your answer as to who to choose. Be sure to select a verified agency that has positive reviews on the web and can actually deliver with their services. Some people have been ripped off in the past looking for bargains and ended up being scammed. I remember of a couple of threads on this forum where this occurred. You'll also get good recommendations here from trusted members.

Good luck!

36 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

never do that! they charge you with crazy amount of money!

Why negative emoji to my post. Read it carefully. I suggested one as a start. Stated MOST...meaning there are many.

The prices you mention from your whiz bang agent are about standard.

KeyVisa Pattaya about that. Some less.

Perhaps you could post the company name of agent that you deal with. 

4 hours ago, problemfarang said:

never do that! they charge you with crazy amount of money! I contacted them to extend my already extended visa but was about to expire, they asked me 30K. i told them its already extended before so shouldnt be cheaper.. they said no and actually starting this month they announced that they will raise their so called services. 

My agency did everything 28K for the first time. my second time they charged me only 18K

Our prices are a little higher than some agents for the initial conversion onto non-immigrant (3 month non-o) services. 

But for yearly extensions we are very competitive, and offer a solid service with a well proven track record.

As for the announcement this should impact almost all visa agents, if they tell you otherwise you should proceed with caution. While we will try our best to have no changes in terms of pricing, it is not possible to guarantee at this time.

When dealing with agents in October make sure you can get the official receipt for your visa, as they may be holding onto your case and this can cause other issues. If anyone was around 4 years ago they may remember similar problems.

The only thing we can guarantee is that we will not change any pricing if we have already accepted payment (as long as you don't have existing issues which have not been disclosed). We also guarantee full immediate refund if we cannot obtain the extension. For all our services we try to provide official visa receipt within 72 hours.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

Insanity to pay any agent unless you do not have all the needed paperwork and bank account to show the either 800k in the bank method or the monthly 65K International transfer method. If you looking to convert to a Non Imm-O retirement visa and extension there are many OP's in the archives to help you and even @ubonjoe can give you advice as well.  1900 Baht for an extension when you do it yourself, and just a little bit of legging it around to ensure you have the documents you need for immigration.  But to each their own and if you want to pay the fee then as the Thai's say "Up to You"

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, problemfarang said:

@GringoSteve

contact me if you need a really good help. Im using this agency for 2 years now and they are great and cheap and no headache at all. 

thaiviacentre will totally rip you of. 

the agency im using will charge you 28K for your first time then if you use them 2nd time it will b eonly 18K thaivisacentre will get your 30-35K for everytime! i suggested my agency to at least 5-6 ppl from this website and they are all happy and thanking me

if you are interested PM me. 

Thanks for the info, I might have now found some assistance from distant relative Thai gf who works in immigration. Will go see immigration on Monday, If it doesn't work out I'll be in touch. thanks again.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

Indeed, use Line as they usually prefer this app for communication nowadays. Contact a few agencies, get estimates and I'm pretty sure you'll get your answer as to who to choose. Be sure to select a verified agency that has positive reviews on the web and can actually deliver with their services. Some people have been ripped off in the past looking for bargains and ended up being scammed. I remember of a couple of threads on this forum where this occurred. You'll also get good recommendations here from trusted members.

Good luck!

Thanks for good advice BkkTraveler

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Insanity to pay any agent unless you do not have all the needed paperwork and bank account to show the either 800k in the bank method or the monthly 65K International transfer method. If you looking to convert to a Non Imm-O retirement visa and extension there are many OP's in the archives to help you and even @ubonjoe can give you advice as well.  1900 Baht for an extension when you do it yourself, and just a little bit of legging it around to ensure you have the documents you need for immigration.  But to each their own and if you want to pay the fee then as the Thai's say "Up to You"

thanks, I'm kind of heading same route with help from Thai gf relative.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, problemfarang said:

nope my agency is still at the same price. I always get the original receipt. I even get more than that which i wont mention here.  You are just telling these things to get more customer thats all. You are also charging the same price even though people already extended.  Also i dont understand why this website allows you to do your advertisement so comfortable.

Also when people send you line you instantly asking them to send their passport photo, visa photo, tm6 photo and other info. thats crazy. Not even looking at them you just send 30K and up prices. 

To any moderator who thinks to delete my reply. please also think like this if someone mention them its also fair to tell about experience about them. Also fair too reply them. 

thanks

Yes we are a visa agency, and it is not "crazy" for us to ask for those details. Those messages are automated, and place you into a prioritized queue. This is so our staff have all the information to properly answer any question that may arise.

We have maintained pricing for the last 3 years, and will do our best to continue to do so. Many of our clients are happy with our services, quick turnaround, and live application tracking.

As a long term sponsor we have a good relationship with this forum, and are not directly promoting any services here.

@GringoSteve
One of the possible reasons the OP may have not received a response is because many agents are extremely busy right now (like us).

Our normal response-times are usually within 1 hour, but from Sept 15th until October 1st will be overloaded with requests, and you should expect up to a 6 hour wait time. If you contact our team between 9-11PM the wait times will be shorter as our after hours team will be responding.

If the OP wishes they can contact our visa team over LINE @ThaiVisaCentre.
You may view our live wait-times HERE.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Yes we are a visa agency, and it is not "crazy" for us to ask for those details. Those messages are automated, and place you into a prioritized queue. This is so our staff have all the information to properly answer any question that may arise.

We have maintained pricing for the last 3 years, and will do our best to continue to do so. Many of our clients are happy with our services, quick turnaround, and live application tracking.

As a long term sponsor we have a good relationship with this forum, and are not directly promoting any services here.

Good luck with your business. peace

Edited by problemfarang

I used ThaiVisaCenter who is commenting here, and I was very happy with the service.  I could theoretically have done it myself but I probably would have run out of time before I got everything lined up.  TVC was professional and answered all my questions, and gave me receipts for everything.  It took an extra week to get my visa but that was due to immigration not the agent.  Whether to use an agent is of course up to you, but since you asked, I recommend them.  I found the fee perfectly reasonable for the service rendered and the time/trouble saved.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 2:00 PM, BKKTRAVELER said:

Good luck!

I wonder what's the advantage of using LIne versus gmail?

Gmail can be used anywhere in the world. Line is mostly used in Thailand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

Couple reasons why we use LINE Official.

• It's more secure in general
    • All images actually expire (very important when sending personal information)
    • All Conversations are encrypted 
    • We don't have to worry about the client having a virus on their computer which intercepts email
  • Customers tend to respond faster
  • Line Official has great tools for allowing multiple staff members to manage a large account, and it has a very good audit trail.

While we cannot get all clients to contact us over LINE we try because of the above reasons.

But when handling sensitive information like passports, and visas security is extremely important. We always use the latest software, devices, and best practices to ensure all of our clients information is safe. When communicating with any agent we would recommend LINE over EMAIL if it is an option.

We still communicate over email if the client requires it, but we always recommend LINE over EMAIL.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Couple reasons why we use LINE Official.

• It's more secure in general
    • All images actually expire (very important when sending personal information)
    • All Conversations are encrypted 
    • We don't have to worry about the client having a virus on their computer which intercepts email
  • Customers tend to respond faster
  • Line Official has great tools for allowing multiple staff members to manage a large account, and it has a very good audit trail.

While we cannot get all clients to contact us over LINE we try because of the above reasons.

But when handling sensitive information like passports, and visas security is extremely important. We always use the latest software, devices, and best practices to ensure all of our clients information is safe. When communicating with any agent we would recommend LINE over EMAIL if it is an option.

We still communicate over email if the client requires it, but we always recommend LINE over EMAIL.

I never knew that LINE is more secure than gmail.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

I never knew that LINE is more secure than gmail.

Gmail is secure, the issue is many people use other programs, and compromised computers to login to gmail.

We are in contact with many clients via Gmail, as well as Facebook.

We sometimes get spam messages from their accounts because they have been compromised, and this usually happens because the clients computer has been compromised. It also possible they had the accounts credentials phished.

If you use a modern operating system, and are careful when opening up attachments, and are aware of phishing your gmail account is extremely secure. The issue with email is not the provider, it is usually the user that create the security problems.

Because line is a mobile-app there is very little room for compromise, and this is why we have never received any spam or fake messages from clients through LINE.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Haha 1

On 9/26/2021 at 12:57 AM, EricTh said:

You got your answer from the agent above.

But, I have to say that lately for travel bookings, hotel deals, special restaurants deals, contractors to fix my place, plumbers and such, everyone has used Line with us. It's just the way it's done nowadays. More secure? I have no idea but we have to adapt to what they use nowadays if we want the quickest answer.

I'm feeling old but hey, the world moves on ????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Gmail is secure, the issue is many people use other programs, and compromised computers to login to gmail.

We are in contact with many clients via Gmail, as well as Facebook.

We sometimes get spam messages from their accounts because they have been compromised, and this usually happens because the clients computer has been compromised. It also possible they had the accounts credentials phished.

If you use a modern operating system, and are careful when opening up attachments, and are aware of phishing your gmail account is extremely secure. The issue with email is not the provider, it is usually the user that create the security problems.

Because line is a mobile-app there is very little room for compromise, and this is why we have never received any spam or fake messages from clients through LINE.

What I don't understand is that if programs on computer can compromise security, wouldn't the apps on mobile phone also compromise security to LINE?

The mobile phones are just computers on the phone, that's not much difference in terms of software.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What I don't understand is that if programs on computer can compromise security, wouldn't the apps on mobile phone also compromise security to LINE?

The mobile phones are just computers on the phone, that's not much difference in terms of software.

Visit the IT forum all will be explained.

On 9/24/2021 at 7:22 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Insanity to pay any agent unless you do not have all the needed paperwork and bank account to show the either 800k in the bank method or the monthly 65K International transfer method.

Really?

So you think an elderly single guy with no family should plunk $25k in a foreign bank so when he dies the bank keeps it?

Or bring in $2k a month from overseas when he contentedly lives rurally on under a thousand bucks a month, rather than leave it, or the $25k, in a profitable investment?

That's  insane.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Really?

So you think an elderly single guy with no family should plunk $25k in a foreign bank so when he dies the bank keeps it?

Or bring in $2k a month from overseas when he contentedly lives rurally on under a thousand bucks a month, rather than leave it, or the $25k, in a profitable investment?

That's  insane.

I agree. These threads always bring out the black and white replies. Very few shades of grey.

Personally I always suggest folk obtain extensions etc by themselves.

However nothing wrong with using an agent if that suits you better.