Thailand reports 12,353 new COVID-19 cases, 125 more deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

12 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Why is it hearsay? It's a post about a person's personal experience. Go and look for yourself. It's a 1st hand account and hence cannot by definition be hearsay. As it's from another poster I will not quote it. As i say go to the thread and see for yourself.

You heard it.Its Hearsay.Ialso heard four thai friends turned away Friday due to lack of vaccine. Is that personal experience or a first hand account.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Phuket health authorities are reporting 219 new local cases , four cases from the Sandbox and two deaths. There are now 4,352 patients in care . The #PhuketSandbox has had 109 cases since 1st July #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1441914823722160130

The PPHO no longer issues an updated map showing the locations of COVID infections across the island. The most recent map was posted publicly on Sept 16. It was dated Sept 15 but marked as accurate as of 6pm on Sept 14, and was the first daily report to mark five COVID deaths on the one day.

More details

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-219-new-covid-cases-two-more-deaths-81517.php

Screenshot_20210926-111650_Chrome.thumb.jpg.70f0eb78ba51dda0fa7494100f90fa78.jpg

Above is a screen shot for Thailand. This particular data base is updated daily for Sky news, UK and covers most countries in the world. I went looking for it out of interest when Thailand remaoned a red zone whereas Bangladesh and Pakistan went to amber in the UK. The positivity rate is what I was looking for in particular as I had learnt that Thailand did do some sequence testing (not saying enough or wish to open a discussion) and reported a handful of new variations each day to WHO. The charts above do show an encouraging trend.

You can find the full report in the link below, which as stated, is updated daily for most countries. It also gives 14 day averaging. It opens up for Spain, but you can enter any country as well as choose particular dates.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-summer-tracker-in-depth-guide-to-how-different-countries-rates-compare-12324242

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Olmate said:

You heard it.Its Hearsay.Ialso heard four thai friends turned away Friday due to lack of vaccine. Is that personal experience or a first hand account.

Seems you don't understand so here it is from the horses mouth and cannot in any way be defined as heresay.

@edwinchesterI hope you don't mind @dinsdale. Quote "Meaningless event as shots were cancelled previously and saved for the big day, which was supposed to be Friday.

My own shot last Monday was cancelled, I and hundreds of others only found out when we got to the hospital, and told to come back Friday."

As I said go to the thread and see for yourself. Seems you didn't do this.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, buick said:

remember this guy, said things would be worse in october and beyond.  go ahead and take a look who bought into his forecast and who did not.  there were alot of buyers !!  i was not one of them.  just putting it out there to show the gloom and doom folks didn't get it right on this one.

Feel proud that you were on the first page of that thread hedging a bet against the Chula medical sciences guru’s predictions. Know bookmaker in the world would have taken odds for you however.

It does say a lot about Thailand’s doom and gloomers emanating from their top Universities.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Seems you don't understand so here it is from the horses mouth and cannot in any way be defined as heresay.

@edwinchesterI hope you don't mind @dinsdale. Quote "Meaningless event as shots were cancelled previously and saved for the big day, which was supposed to be Friday.

My own shot last Monday was cancelled, I and hundreds of others only found out when we got to the hospital, and told to come back Friday."

As I said go to the thread and see for yourself. Seems you didn't do this.

Seems you and Ed are riding that same" horse of course"! 

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office is reporting 651 new cases today and 4 deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (176), Si Racha (137), and Bang Lamung/Pattaya (102). There are 11,936 patients in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1441914614837432326

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/26/chonburi-new-and-confirmed-cases-of-covid-19-drop-to-651-with-4-new-deaths/

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Not an opinion. A real life experience. Big difference. If you are calling the poster a liar I suggest you go to the thread and share your 'opinion'.

Calm down. No one is calling anyone anything. 

Likewise with this guy who posted on the same thread in response to the poster and had the total opposite experience. 

“What hospital and where?

I was due for my second Astra jab on October 20th at Phayathai 2 hospital but now it's been brought forward to September 30th.” 

Edited by Kadilo

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

I saw on the thread about the 1 mil jabs a poster saying his appointment and 100's of other peoples appointments were cancelled for Tues and pushed to Friday. Guessing at the place of vaccination this also happened for those on Wed and Thurs. This can only be seen as manipulation to get their fantastic 1 million in a day number.

But on the official MOPH chart published in this thread there were only slightly over 646,000 Injections administered for the 25th Sept.

Where are the other 354 ,000 Vaccines hidden in the figures ?

it is becoming increasingly hard to believe a single word this Government are saying

• Like 1

Wonder when they'll need a 2nd booster after this experiment that goes against the manufactures and WHO's recommendation

Phuket pushes intradermal vaccine jabs for third dose

Phuket is accelerating the operation to administer the third Covid-19 vaccine jab using intradermal injection on citizens.

Some 200,000 people are expected to be vaccinated by September-end. Dr Chalermpong Sukhonthaphon, the director of Vachira Phuket Hospital, said all vaccination centres in the province on Saturday had kicked off the vaccination operation by using only 60 per cent of total vaccination capacity.

"Therefore, we have a plan to accelerate the vaccination in order to enable people in the province to receive their third jab as soon as possible," he said.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40006668

Edited by Bkk Brian

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

Southeast Asia witnessed a decline in new Covid-19 infections but the death toll was higher on Saturday, collated data showed. #COVID19 #ASEAN #thailand #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40006658

Nearly one-third of Covid-related deaths in Asean reported in Malaysia

Hope the Philippines gets it together...can't wait to get back there for a visit.

53 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Calm down. No one is calling anyone anything. 

Likewise with this guy who posted on the same thread in response to the poster and had the total opposite experience. 

“What hospital and where?

I was due for my second Astra jab on October 20th at Phayathai 2 hospital but now it's been brought forward to September 30th.” 

Sure. Jabs are being brought forward. 2nd AZ jabs are happening 3 wks after the 1st but minimum recommendation is 8 wks and actual recommendation is 12 wks. Have your AZ 12 wks apart and your coverage is longer before it wanes.

32 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Sure. Jabs are being brought forward. 2nd AZ jabs are happening 3 wks after the 1st but minimum recommendation is 8 wks and actual recommendation is 12 wks. Have your AZ 12 wks apart and your coverage is longer before it wanes.

You have no idea what the circumstances are with the poster concerned who had his jab brought forward, and it’s just wild speculation to try and bolster your argument to say that is the case with him. 

The point is that his appointment was not delayed to accommodate the mass vaccination day as some are suggesting. Quite the opposite.

So for every negative example there will be a positive one. 

• Confused 1

The Ministry of Public Health has revealed that Thailand's vaccine stockpile will top 125 million doses by the end of the year as vaccination picks up pace across all segments of the population.

Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said security of vaccine supply and a steady rate of vaccinations were essential for restarting the economy. The nationwide inoculation drive is speeding up as more vaccine arrives and the rollout will be accelerated to cover all population segments so the country can return to normality.

https://www.facebook.com/130075662049/posts/10158270544042050/

May be an image of text that says "SIEN NBT WORLD S U-100 NSULIN d COVID-19 VACCINE Thailand's Vaccine Stockpile Will Reach 125 Million Doses by the End of the Year"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

You have no idea what the circumstances are with the poster concerned who had his jab brought forward, and it’s just wild speculation to try and bolster your argument to say that is the case with him. 

The point is that his appointment was not delayed to accommodate the mass vaccination day as some are suggesting. Quite the opposite.

So for every negative example there will be a positive one. 

I guess you have no idea about the poster's circumstances either. I will take him at his word. No wild speculation. Not trying to inflame anything like you are. 

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

I 'readit' on a anon forum  but its not hearsay is about as childlike as it gets.

I guess nothing more needs to be said. You're calling @edwinchestera liar that's up to you. Why don't you PM him. Ask him if what he posted is the truth. I take him at his word.

Edited by dinsdale

18 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

According to this from the CCSA daily slides, only 112,215 vaccinations were administered yesterday. So you go from over a million one day to just over 100k the next? 

https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/260964.pdf

data 26 sept 4.png

Amazing that The MOPH app for Mor Phrom app even has changed and the totals for Friday are even different from what the BP shows. So which is correct.  This shows that there is true massaging or game playing going on with numbers.

Screenshot_20210926-164140.jpg

Screenshot_20210926-080331.jpg

• Like 1