Thailand reports 12,353 new COVID-19 cases, 125 more deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Amazing that The MOPH app for Mor Phrom app even has changed and the totals for Friday are even different from what the BP shows. So which is correct.  This shows that there is true massaging or game playing going on with numbers.

Screenshot_20210926-164140.jpg

Screenshot_20210926-080331.jpg

Some creative accounting going on somewhere. Numbers just not adding up and no official updates

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Calm down. No one is calling anyone anything. 

Likewise with this guy who posted on the same thread in response to the poster and had the total opposite experience. 

“What hospital and where?

I was due for my second Astra jab on October 20th at Phayathai 2 hospital but now it's been brought forward to September 30th.” 

Was it 12 wks between jabs and has now been brought forward 3 wks? I find this interesting as my 2nd AZ jab is mid Oct which is 12 wks after the 1st. From what I've seen the longer the gap up to and including 12 wks the better for AZ.

Edited by dinsdale

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

My AZ vaccination jabs were 12 weeks apart exactly.

That's recommened by the makers but here they've been doing 3 wks lately obviously to get people vaxed as fast as possible to open up. The thing is coverage for people is lessened as waning will happen a lot sooner. mRNA is 3 wks, AZ is 12 wks. 

Edited by dinsdale

48 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

According to this from the CCSA daily slides, only 112,215 vaccinations were administered yesterday. So you go from over a million one day to just over 100k the next? 

https://media.thaigov.go.th/uploads/public_img/source/260964.pdf

data 26 sept 4.png

Although this infographic was timed at 12.07 pm?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Although this infographic was timed at 12.07 pm?

Seems like the pushed foward and brought back vaccination appointment theory may have some justification. All to save face and say we did it whilst playing people as pawns in their face saving, braging, bit noting game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Seems like the pushed foward and brought back vaccination appointment theory may have some justification. All to save face and say we did it whilst playing people as pawns in their face saving, braging, bit noting game.

The overwhelming majority of the million + Thai citizens who benefitted from this day won’t give a hoot about your conspiracy theories and who scored what points.

They will have better things to do and be glad they have had some Covid protection and a step closer to getting back to normality, and getting their jobs and livelihoods back on track. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 2

A reminder of what? 

You and the other foreigners who commented on it  are obviously  more bothered about the crowds and lack of social distancing than they were. 

I guess it was ok when another regular poster joined the queues a few weeks back for his jab. No comments made then. 

The result was they got a much needed vaccination. 

Edited by Kadilo

31 minutes ago, anchadian said:

And this is the result from a hospital last Friday.

Just a reminder - https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1441369371062931456

A sad but good example of how not to conduct a responsible vaccine roll out, all for the sake of carrying out 1 million plus in a day when it would have been far safer spread over a couple of days and not end up with empty vaccine sites the following day.

I remember when they first started the roll out in Phuket, there were a couple of sites that needed to be closed as they turned out to be spreader events and they were not even that bad.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The overwhelming majority of the million + Thai citizens who benefitted from this day won’t give a hoot about your conspiracy theories and who scored what points.

They will have better things to do and be glad they have had some Covid protection and a step closer to getting back to normality, and getting their jobs and livelihoods back on track. 

And I'm sure 300-400k of them could have been given a shot a few days earlier.

15 minutes ago, relax33 said:

Ironically, TL is doing better than the UK now
UK has a pop of 67 mil , fully vac rate of 71% n 29,746 cases while TL has a pop of 69 mil, less than 25% vacc rate  n just 12,353 cases
So its ludicrous for the UK to classify TL as a red zone n to not recognize vaccines used in TL when its  having far higher cases .

The myth about Sinovac generating more recurring breakthrough cases is also plain uneducated BS as TL is already having 50% less covid cases than the UK despite the latter having "so called " superior vaccines.
Chile (19 mil pop), which is 84% vacc with 95% of vaccines being Sinovacc only have 700 cases now n of cos China ( the elephant in the room) have virtually near zero cases despite the spread of Delta to 32 cities a few months ago ... 

Thailand is not testing as the UK is, and truthfully the positivity rate in Thailand is around 30% looking at what's given as tests completed and number of daily infections.  So your view is incomplete.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Look at the numbers. Why was there such an increase on Friday? I'll tell you why because they said that's what will happen and they made it happen by moving peoples jabs to Friday be it pushed forward or brought back. No conspiracy just more manipulation by an untrustworthy government. 

Now this is indeed hearsay but I was told somewhere around half of the million were students. Don't know how many of these were jabbed with Sinopharm but I would guess a lot. Anyone knows details on this I'd like to hear.

32 minutes ago, relax33 said:

UK has a pop of 67 mil , fully vac rate of 71% n 29,746 cases while TL has a pop of 69 mil, less than 25% vacc rate  n just 12,353 cases
So its ludicrous for the UK to classify TL as a red zone n to not recognize vaccines used in TL when its  having far higher cases .

The myth about Sinovac generating more recurring breakthrough cases is also plain uneducated BS as TL is already having 50% less covid cases than the UK despite the latter having "so called " superior vaccines.
Chile (19 mil pop), which is 84% vacc with 95% of vaccines being Sinovacc only have 700 cases now n of cos China ( the elephant in the room) have virtually near zero cases despite the spread of Delta to 32 cities a few months ago ... 

Guess you have to test to find. As I've been saying New South Wales in Australia with around the population of BKK is doing around 120,000 tests a day which is probably 3x more than Thailand as a whole is doing with a population of 70,000,000. I'm guessing that the UK looks at Thailand's testing and I guess they know that ATK positives are not being added to daily infection numbers. I'm thinking they don't trust what they're seeing from here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

A reminder of what? 

You and the other foreigners who commented on it  are obviously  more bothered about the crowds and lack of social distancing than they were. 

I guess it was ok when another regular poster joined the queues a few weeks back for his jab. No comments made then. 

The result was they got a much needed vaccination. 

How can you say this without saying who the regular poster is. Really? Are you just making this up. This is just a nonsensical post without you supporting your comment. I remember posts from Bang Sue showing huge crowds. Of course this might just have been the camera angle.

2 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Your wasting your time with him.

The Thai government endangered their citizens at over crowded, covid spreading scrums to get a headline, so their misguided apologists could post on forums like this.

This is a particularly supurb post. Both concise and astute.

• Haha 1

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 105: 256,392 <— Sun

DAY 106: 469,052

DAY 107: 811,915

DAY 108: 646,519

DAY 109: 626,896

DAY 110: 1,300,677 <— New High

DAY 111: 112,215 <— New Low

TOTAL: 50,101,055 doses since 28 February #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1442122376037089281

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, relax33 said:

Yet in the UK everything is open, schools, all businesses, events, concerts, festivals and they are living with the virus after the successful vaccination plan they had. Every household in the country can get a free pack of 7 rapid tests daily, children from 12 up just started to get their covid vaccines, Pfizer one shot each. The numbers that have swelled are predominantly in students from 10 to 19 years old, who have returned to school but once vaccinations are completed this will decline. 

Tell us again how Thailand is doing right now?

Edited by coolcarer
  • Thanks 1