Returning Aussie Visa requirements

4 hours ago, aussiexpat said:

I was going to go visa exempt as I really couldn't be bothered posting my passport to Canberra for a TR, however a forum member messaged me to say the Sydney Consulate offers an on-line TR application.

I checked it out and filled it in up to loading the documents and it works well despite having to indicate I have Qld residence in the first question (I thought Qlders could only use the Canberra Embassy)

Can anyone confirm that any Aussie can use the Sydney TR process (not just NSW)

https://sydney.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/tourist-visa

Edit: I'll fully apply next week and see how it goes as the $60 fee for 60 days is actually cheaper than the 30 day visa exempt + 1900 baht 30 day extension (and saves a trip to Thai immigration)

When I applied for a Tourist visa in May this year I applied and received my visa from the Sydney consulate and I reside in Perth. 

I posted my passport to the consulate and it was returned within 10 days

• Like 1

Alrighty then, according to the BBC, 1 December it is ????

Thailand to reopen for some vaccinated visitors on 1 November

Mr Prayuth said Thailand would also allow entertainment venues to reopen on 1 December and permit alcohol sales.

https://news.google.com/articles/CBMiLGh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmJiYy5jb20vbmV3cy93b3JsZC1hc2lhLTU4ODM4MTg50gEwaHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmJjLmNvbS9uZXdzL3dvcmxkLWFzaWEtNTg4MzgxODkuYW1w?hl=en-AU&gl=AU&ceid=AU%3Aen

Edited by aussiexpat

On 10/10/2021 at 12:39 PM, ozfarang said:

When I applied for a Tourist visa in May this year I applied and received my visa from the Sydney consulate and I reside in Perth. 

I posted my passport to the consulate and it was returned within 10 days

Sydney only had one or two cases in may big difference now, even in the pre covid times ozpost was hopeless, you could get lucky though.

Mods please close this thread. Thailand with their so called  no quarantine and new "Thailand Pass" can <deleted> off.

Going to Miami and Jamaica instead.

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Haha 1