Pick up Truck - MG Extender 4x2

hhtown

Hi All,   Can anyone have the 2.0 L Diesel 4x2 MG Extender - New on road price 549,000 baht.

How does it compare against the Toyota Hilux & Isuzu D MAx 

What is the Customer service like At MG ( Im in Hua Hin area)

Service,  Warranty, MPG,  reliability etc.

Finace available ?

Appreciate all your comments 

9 minutes ago, transam said:

The MG extender is a Chinese Maxus T70 pickup with an MG badge. Do a search on the Maxus T70, may have more long term info.

I found it strange that the Maxus T70 was not on sale in LOS, only after the MG British "link" was bought. 

I remember when they were introduced in Thailand these was a thread discussion on them. 

I read up on them and believe they have a good reputation in Oz as I remember. 

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

I remember when they were introduced in Thailand these was a thread discussion on them. 

I read up on them and believe they have a good reputation in Oz as I remember. 

If the Maxus T70 was fab, then I don't understand why they didn't take LOS by storm with it.

As you know, my beef is the use of MG performance history on a Chinese truck, well, it also goes for their non-performance cars too...????.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, transam said:

If the Maxus T70 was fab, then I don't understand why they didn't take LOS by storm with it.

As you know, my beef is the use of MG performance history on a Chinese truck, well, it also goes for their non-performance cars too...????.

I liked my MGB. gt. ???????? .

Many people used to race using the B 1800 engine it was a popular lump.

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Chinese....????

I'd consider buying one price wise good reports and write up on the extender since 2019.

I was dissapointed to see stuffy old Thailand not getting the twin turbo version as I was with our 1•9 Isuzu.

When I asked our Isuzu dealership can you order the Bi-turbo model for me,  they said Isuzu don't have such a model. 

They were right in a way. ????

• Like 1

I read a very interesting thread on this site about a year ago, written by a guy whose job was to assemble, or maintain the production lines around the world. 

He stated, if my memory serves me well, that the MG design, and build quality, was exactly the same as the cars that roll off the lines of general motors factories in the US and Europe. 

Though I found his posts to be very informative, I have to say, it wasn't enough to turn my head from my Toyota hilux. 

• Like 2

Just my two bob's worth. Jap cars in Australia took some time to get established back in the 60's & 70's. Certainly not an overnight sensation. I think same with the "Chinese MG". "MIGHT" be a reasonable vehicle, but only time will tell. If I were buying today I'd be considering Mazda B50, Isuzu & the like.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

549 compared to 686 I would say is something to consider and the Chinese owner question is of no problem to many who buy them. 

I'd have to say those that buy MG are buying based on savings and not the best product. I do see more and more MG cars about. Me I try to buy quality. Would rather spend the xtra and get a true and proven product.

Isuzu is the oldest manufacturer of small diesel pick-ups. They have been rebadged for GMH (Holden Rodeo, Chevrolet) for years and their experience has come from the building of large diesel trucks. They only built diesel vehicles and never played with petrol family cars. I would not go past Isuzu for experience in the small diesels.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'd have to say those that buy MG are buying based on savings and not the best product. I do see more and more MG cars about. Me I try to buy quality. Would rather spend the xtra and get a true and proven product.

Well they've been out in Thailand since 2019, I had already bought my truck. 

I  would of test drove the Extender before making any unfounded accusations.

I like to hear from someone in Oz where the truck has a good reputation by all accounts. 

People here are very judgemental when it comes to Chinese components which makes me laugh I bet Toyota has Chinese made parts on there vehicles. 

4 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Isuzu is the oldest manufacturer of small diesel pick-ups. They have been rebadged for GMH (Holden Rodeo, Chevrolet) for years and their experience has come from the building of large diesel trucks. They only built diesel vehicles and never played with petrol family cars. I would not go past Isuzu for experience in the small diesels.

Yeah I'm impressed with my new advanced diesel 1•9 Isuzu engine nothing like what Thai people and others were saying about it having not even test drove one. 

I believe the 2•0 Extender has a new  GM engine.

23 minutes ago, actonion said:

I just wonder why the second handcar dealers along Sukhumvir rd.... in Pattaya   have so many MG'S  for sale.... their trade in value is <deleted>

Same with Toyota dealership here and others I think something called a pandemic didn't help.