Thailand’s CCSA approves 4-phase reopening plan from October until January

snoop1130

29 minutes ago, Guderian said:

It's just a plan to convert Thailand into an open prison instead of one with locked doors!

....and no one is coming. 

It might be in their best interests to get a firm understanding of why they won't come. 

• Like 1

Things are improving for returning expats and other pats and still nothing but belly aching. Agreed coming to Thailand isn't great for the regular tourist but for long time visitors things are getting better. Staying 7 days in a beach resort in Phuket before you go home doesn't sound like torture to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

When they keep changing everything hour to hour it's hard to gain the confidence of potential tourists. Just open u already, you've already killed your economy and a lot of your people needlessly

To be honest, the number of actual changes is far less than the number of bogus pronouncements from unnamed authorities or from TAT. 

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I do believe it was bars which caused the last wave.

While I do believe there was the "Thonglor" outbreak, bars are hardly the main cause of outbreaks. Factories, migrants and migrant work camps, had significantly larger outbreaks. Travel home for Songkran probably the biggest catalyst for this years spread. You can sit in a restaurant indoors with many others but not a bar? Massive markets and shopping malls open with hundreds but 5-10 people in a bar are the threat? How about only outside tables for bars, beach bars, etc. No, its not bars, but rather the government believes alcohol fuels and intensifies all negative activity in the Kingdom. So, they either accept that outcome or ban alcohol forever. 

2 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Does to me if I were to get a false pos test (statistically 1/200 per test which means 3/200 right now) or test pos and be asymptomatic (not that unlikely for someone like me who is vaccinated and also recovered and unlikely to get symptomatic even if I get newly infected by a local) and then forced into a 14-day hospital stay. 

You paint a gloomy picture, luckily for me I don't worry too much about what ifs. Looking forward to a trip back to home country and also getting back here without being locked up in a hotel room. I'll take my chances.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

How to F can travel Loei (Chiang Khan). Yes Loei has airport (1-3 flight/day) from Don Mueang! Still has 65 kilometer to Chiang Khan, where has nothing! In Chiang Khan has walking street and Mekong river nothing else. Yes and new "Sky walk", hardly has nothing to do more than 1 DAY!

Eh?

14 hours ago, Tim207 said:

PS: i cant believe the acronym  "w.....t.......f" is a banned term. Essential term when discussing many subjects here.

TV is not what it once was. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Niteowl45 said:

For what it's worth, at the local consulate they told me, just this morning, that as of October first the ASQ will be reduced to one week for sure (only for fully vaccinated people). The guy I talked to just told me to make sure I don't book anything before October first and yeah, the ASQ will be 1 week.

Still, I agree this announcement lacks many details... So will Hua HIn and other places reopening in November be along the Sandbox model? Will SHA hotels still be mandatory? How long will it be before visitors are allowed to travel freely? What happens if you do test positive exactly>

Lack of clarity is still a major issue

Furthermore

Do they not realize that right now only total idiots are even considering going to Thailand for tourism? (No offense guys, but with all the bars closed and the cops empowered to arrest people drinking outside, curfews etc going there now for tourism just doesn't make any sense)

The only people who want to go want to reunite with family or girlfriends (or possibly other reasons, like work related), their lack of clarity and ridiculous rules (ASQ, SHA hotels, insurance, etc) are mostly just scaring them off.....

Thailand is more surreal than ever. If I didn't have a girlfriend there I wouldn't even consider visiting in the near future.

Also, wi

Spot on

6 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

....and no one is coming. 

It might be in their best interests to get a firm understanding of why they won't come. 

I am starting to think they are using these new measures on purpose to cover up the lack of long term attractiveness of Thailand, because if indeed everything was re-open, and no tourists would be coming, then they would have to face the harsh reality that Thailand is no longer the center of the world

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I have a feeling when Pattaya re-opens it's going to be another Phuket scenario all over again.

They are saying that 'Entertainamnet Venues' will not be opening for the time being anyway and what else is there ?  We all know the main attractions in Pattaya and it's not the Beach !

• Haha 1