Thailand’s CCSA approves 4-phase reopening plan from October until January

snoop1130

Whatever happened to the 7 day quarantine for the vaccinated? Let alone the scrapping of these measures

We are left in the blue with partial and constantly subject to change decisions.

Why is there a phase 1 for next month? It is business as usual since July.

Opening a couple of sandy beaches in the already existing provinces is a non event and left at the discretion of the Governor I guess

One thing is sure: I will try my best to avoid reading any announcement until it is in the Gazette and definitely not before the end of October as I am scheduled to return end of November..

Feel free to PM me if anything concrete happens in the between: I'll appreciate ???? 

• Like 1

How to F can travel Loei (Chiang Khan). Yes Loei has airport (1-3 flight/day) from Don Mueang! Still has 65 kilometer to Chiang Khan, where has nothing! In Chiang Khan has walking street and Mekong river nothing else. Yes and new "Sky walk", hardly has nothing to do more than 1 DAY!

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

How to F can travel Loei (Chiang Khan). Yes Loei has airport (1-3 flight/day) from Don Mueang! Still has 65 kilometer to Chiang Khan, where has nothing! In Chiang Khan has walking street and Mekong river nothing else. Yes and new "Sky walk", hardly has nothing to do more than 1 DAY!

Restaurants ... from noon until 10 PM ? ???? 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Tim207 said:

PS: i cant believe the acronym  "w.....t.......f" is a banned term. Essential term when discussing many subjects here

Maybe because it is not that polite, regardless the number of times it is pronounced, heard or read on numerous medias

How about :

1) What on earth? and  WoE as an acronym

2) Something definitely wrong here ?  or SDWH. You could shorten this one to SDW / SWH or even SW

and my favourite one:

3) As Siri would put it, I'm sorry but I didn't get that .

I admit that an acronym for the latter would look kind of awkward ???????????? 

(It is pun intended...just in case )

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Niteowl45 said:

For what it's worth, at the local consulate they told me, just this morning, that as of October first the ASQ will be reduced to one week for sure (only for fully vaccinated people). The guy I talked to just told me to make sure I don't book anything before October first and yeah, the ASQ will be 1 week.

Still, I agree this announcement lacks many details... So will Hua HIn and other places reopening in November be along the Sandbox model? Will SHA hotels still be mandatory? How long will it be before visitors are allowed to travel freely? What happens if you do test positive exactly>

Lack of clarity is still a major issue

Furthermore

Do they not realize that right now only total idiots are even considering going to Thailand for tourism? (No offense guys, but with all the bars closed and the cops empowered to arrest people drinking outside, curfews etc going there now for tourism just doesn't make any sense)

The only people who want to go want to reunite with family or girlfriends (or possibly other reasons, like work related), their lack of clarity and ridiculous rules (ASQ, SHA hotels, insurance, etc) are mostly just scaring them off.....

Thailand is more surreal than ever. If I didn't have a girlfriend there I wouldn't even consider visiting in the near future.

Also, wi

Thank you so much on the update

10 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Yes, we have been very lucky throughout this, relatively unscathed so far. The city has had only 0 to 2 cases per day reported all along on average lately. More elsewhere in the province.

This can also be said by many provinces, where the numbers have been moderate to low from the start and still this way. 

The pandemic and it's surges are largely the BKK Metro regions.......and the deep south.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

That report is as clear as mud.. 

When they say re-open, do they mean all restrictions are to be lifted 

Yeah. 

Wouldn't it be nice to have a news article to be worthy of extended info/news reporting.

They seem to be fearful of a few journalistic details that would aid the story. 

This style is very common among Thai news circles.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Niteowl45 said:

For what it's worth, at the local consulate they told me, just this morning, that as of October first the ASQ will be reduced to one week for sure (only for fully vaccinated people). The guy I talked to just told me to make sure I don't book anything before October first and yeah, the ASQ will be 1 week.

Still, I agree this announcement lacks many details... So will Hua HIn and other places reopening in November be along the Sandbox model? Will SHA hotels still be mandatory? How long will it be before visitors are allowed to travel freely? What happens if you do test positive exactly>

Lack of clarity is still a major issue

Furthermore

Do they not realize that right now only total idiots are even considering going to Thailand for tourism? (No offense guys, but with all the bars closed and the cops empowered to arrest people drinking outside, curfews etc going there now for tourism just doesn't make any sense)

The only people who want to go want to reunite with family or girlfriends (or possibly other reasons, like work related), their lack of clarity and ridiculous rules (ASQ, SHA hotels, insurance, etc) are mostly just scaring them off.....

Thailand is more surreal than ever. If I didn't have a girlfriend there I wouldn't even consider visiting in the near future.

Also, wi

And from this official announcement this morning, seems to appear that they still don't know what they're doing or what they would like to do. This documented report is so bladdy vague and reveals little details about so many things that many would like to be clued into. 

As you did, I would imagine that one could probably find out more specific info by messaging or ringing a Thai Embassy/Consulate. I believe many will still be in the dark to what is and what isn't.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Yes, we have been very lucky throughout this, relatively unscathed so far. The city has had only 0 to 2 cases per day reported all along on average lately. More elsewhere in the province.

They also had some quite strict restrictions during the couple of years this has been going on, banning visitors if I recall correctly. 

3 minutes ago, Aforek said:

Does it mean that for instance Bangkok will not be "red" province anymore ? And when we come from Bangkok, no quarantine anymore ? 

and what about the other provinces which are not on the list ? they will be "red" for ever ? 

They don't know.

Next......

• Haha 1