AMG C43 Coupe - good choice of car for Thailand?

CrossBones

14 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

The new Subaru BRZ is more unique than a Benz in Thailand (and more fun to drive) and wont have the snobbish stigma of AMG owners that like to post here..

Is that still a " joint venture" with Toyota GT86 ? ????

(Same car with different names )

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

The new Subaru BRZ is more unique than a Benz in Thailand (and more fun to drive) and wont have the snobbish stigma of AMG owners that like to post here..

There is no stigma.

Have a read of this - it'll help you out: https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/hate-rich-people-4-signs-010119544.html 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, itsari said:

The most ridiculous car to buy in Thailand . 

Over priced and just bring unwanted attention to your self without going into the quality of the roads .

Buy a used pickup truck and be one of the locals .

Some people have the money to spend and they likely don't want to rattle around in a old pick-up truck.

My own truck is now almost 8 years old and I will never buy another one, just too big and unhandy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Some people have the money to spend and they likely don't want to rattle around in a old pick-up truck.

My own truck is now almost 8 years old and I will never buy another one, just too big and unhandy.

I had a Mercedes years ago and that car i enjoyed but caused many situations that I would of been happy to do without .

Pick ups are not desirable in the cities as they have a miserable steering radius .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

These threads always bring out the jealous reverse snobs... 

Merc’s are excellent cars to choose in Thailand if one is in the market for a premium brand car.

There is an excellent dealer network and they hold their value better than other premium brands. 

Obviously styling comes into, as does the engine etc. 

I think the Volvo suggestion is a great one - the T8 engines are excellent.

But, the Ops question is about experience of AMG C43 ownership - I suspect there is just one member who can answer the question accurately (who has already done so).

As far as road quality goes, the vast majority of roads in Thailand are better than the UK (IMO) until we get into the back-streets / side streets. 

Additionally, some fun ‘can’ be had on the expressways. 

A car like this (Merc AMG) is all about enjoyment, someone suggesting a pick-up will never understand this. 

That said: I’ve never had a pick up in Thailand, but now my Son is approaching an age where we are lugging more stuff about (bikes etc) the idea of a pickup becomes more attractive. 

You miss the point totally , have a good day 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Reason #241 why "I wouldn't buy a Benz if I could ever afford one"

As for the roads - depends where you live. I presume you live in the past because roads here are fine now. I drove my C43 to Samui - fantastic roads on the way AND there's a road around Samui that is 50km long and empty at 1am - so doing laps of Samui is very cool. 

As for the unwanted attention - from who? It's a 4 million Baht car. Where I live - I know of at least 6 places that sell 30 million+ Baht cars within 10km of my house. 

Most of my Thai friends own Mercs/BMWs - although there seems to be an inverse correlation between the size of the female driver and the size of the car she drives. They sell 25,000 BMW/Mercs in Thailand each year - there is nothing special about owning one, nor do they bring unwanted attention. 

They do attract unwanted attention . I had a Mercedes saloon myself so i speak from experience. 

The roads are better than the neighboring countries of Thailand , yet a long way from the roads where these cars are designed and made .

Nothing special about owning a Mercedes Car in Thailand ? Pull the other one .

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Have you actually ever left Sukhumvit Road in central Bangkok ????

Are you seriously asking ME???

I have been to Bangkok maybe six times in my life. I simply hate it.

I have almost ruined my new small car in 2011. Water in the footrest.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, itsari said:

The most ridiculous car to buy in Thailand . 

Over priced and just bring unwanted attention to your self without going into the quality of the roads .

Buy a used pickup truck and be one of the locals .

and look like a cheap charlie poor foreigner...

I wonder what life some people are living here !