British crypto trader mixed up in drugs and guns arrested in Hua Hin

Trader ? Didn’t look like he could tie his shoes from what I remember , so he’s either not a trader or very lucky .

How the hell he wasn’t deported or jailed after last time should be looked into as he was totally off his face on ice shooting towards the four seasons and they found a pile of drugs at his apartment and another gun from what I recall . ????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Bretta pistols were all the rage 20 or 30 years ago when they were still used by US forces but now Thais are crazy about Glocks which are easier to shoot and just as reliable with a greater cool factor.  Also spare parts high capacity mags are readily available and Glocks are easy to tune up. There must a lot of unwanted Berettas floating around as well as old revolvers, of which he also had one.  Thais often don't realise they can easily inherit a gun from a deceased family member to register it in their own name and legally sell it, if they have no use for it. So they just tend to sell old guns of deceased family members into the black market, where they can fall into the hands of sleezy farang yobs and crims in Pattaya, Hua Hin & etc.

Cops can't hold anyone responsible for these guns as the registered owner is dead and the family will just say they never saw the gun in the deceased's possessions, so he must have lost it or sold it before he died.  Another route for distribution of genuine firearms is the Interior Ministry's civil service welfare scheme that imports huge quantities of guns to sell at discounted prices to civil servants, state enterprise employees and even local defense olunteers. This is a massive money spinner for corrupt ministry officials who control the import and distribution of the guns. Many civil servants sell their guns into the black market, file a police report of a lost or stolen gun and apply to buy another one.   

Thanks Dogmatix for your info, I often wondered how such a proliferation of firearms existed in Thailand when i lived there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Bretta pistols were all the rage 20 or 30 years ago when they were still used by US forces but now Thais are crazy about Glocks which are easier to shoot and just as reliable with a greater cool factor.  Also spare parts high capacity mags are readily available and Glocks are easy to tune up. There must a lot of unwanted Berettas floating around as well as old revolvers, of which he also had one.  Thais often don't realise they can easily inherit a gun from a deceased family member to register it in their own name and legally sell it, if they have no use for it. So they just tend to sell old guns of deceased family members into the black market, where they can fall into the hands of sleezy farang yobs and crims in Pattaya, Hua Hin & etc.

Cops can't hold anyone responsible for these guns as the registered owner is dead and the family will just say they never saw the gun in the deceased's possessions, so he must have lost it or sold it before he died.  Another route for distribution of genuine firearms is the Interior Ministry's civil service welfare scheme that imports huge quantities of guns to sell at discounted prices to civil servants, state enterprise employees and even local defense olunteers. This is a massive money spinner for corrupt ministry officials who control the import and distribution of the guns. Many civil servants sell their guns into the black market, file a police report of a lost or stolen gun and apply to buy another one.   

Beretta new generation is far of from looking old ,the Beretta px4 / storm / compact & sub compact looking much more sexy cool than that stupid square looking Glock ..... most ugly gun i find ???? ....,

But nothing bad saying from his excellent working way 

48 minutes ago, Sig said:

Shooting wildly toward a populated area!?? I'm a fan of corporal punishment, but he'll never experience the punishment that I'd prefer.

I'll bet he was well putside the 100 meter range of the gun when he was firing it making the whole incident quite irrelevant.

Of course you would still hear it on the beach.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sig said:

Speaking of funny, you're hilarious! Guess what kind of money is used all over the world in vast sums more than crypto ever even began to think about being used in "dodgy deals"!?
It boggles the mind how people use this as an excuse to be against something that they know virtually nothing at all. But they do know that the U.S. Dollar, among plenty of other fiat currencies, is used in the hundreds of billions every year in corrupt deals all around the globe. But crypto is somehow a worry for dodgy deals? That is hilarious!

Wow! Ever so sensitive! But where and when did I say I was against crypto? Or where I said fiat currency is not used for dodgy deals? Nice tho' that you inadvertently concede  cryptocurrency can also be used for dodgy deals. However is it not so that fiat currency is minted and recorded on a ledger according to national treasuries providing comparative trading values whereas crypto can be "created" , "mined", in an electronic smokescreen yet is ultimately "valued" in fiat comparisons even to each other?

I do believe that eventually "money" will eventually cease to physically exist in exchange for electronic accreditation of purchasing capacity or debit liability. All good until a major solar flare or nuclear war event !

Meanwhile be happy with your own convictions.

oops!(convictions being in what you are convinced about, not the result of dodgy deals gone wrong )

????

10 hours ago, smedly said:

not exactly clear why he was arrested, maybe someone wants a Ferrari 

Not exactly clear whether he was charged for the gun offences in Samui either, according to the report but what is clear is :-

"The 33 year old man, who has previously been described as a wealthy cryptocurrency trader................."