Buying english keyboard without thai symbols

AndyAndyAndy

2 hours ago, DefaultName said:

Hijacking a little, sorry.

So far, every link is to a US format keyboard.  Does anyone have a link to one with UK English format?

No links, think you might have to buy on amazon UK or somethinglike that.

But what i read is that the only thing an US keyboard does not have is a pound symbol. So unless you use that a lot I don't understand why one would want an UK keyboard (maybe because you are used to it). Also if you buy a gaming keyboard you can assign a pound symbal to any key you want. (depending on what gaming keyboard).

I had some problems that i needed a Dutch keyboard (. and ,) were switched so i just let the game keyboard put a , when i pressed the . key. Problem solved. 

7 hours ago, pmarlowe said:

If you are using apple products its easy to get English only at their store. Not sure if they work with other OS.

The Apple Bluetooth keyboards (probably the only ones you can buy new) are agnostic and work with any system that has it built in.

Edited by sometimewoodworker

2 hours ago, Pinot said:

I'm using MX Keys from Logitech, their best keyboard with a new Mac Mini. I ordered it from Lazada. Highly recommended, English only

Yes, this would seem a good solution, you can always find them in Thailand on lazada. I find there is a certain reliable quality in Logi products.

I have a K8 from this company - https://www.keychron.com If you ever think about buying a mechanical keyboard, I think its one of the best mechanical keyboard for Mac - you can swap the keycaps to match the Mac keyboard and it also has there is also a switch that allows you to toggle between windows and OS X keyboard map.

On 9/28/2021 at 8:06 PM, AndyAndyAndy said:

I like to shop at Lazada. But even if the keyboard on the pictures seems to have english keys only,

I use a wireless keyboard/mouse and the last one I bought from Lazada which was usb rechargeable only has English characters on it.

It is a Chinese make Inphic and has been very good.

10 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I never had problems also. I never learned to type but I have been using personal computers since radio shack's TRS80 and before that DEC's mini computer.

Then you might not have learned to type with 10 fingers but you do know the keys by heart. I have been using computers since I was below 10 yea. I knew how to use a word processor and stuff like that before i ever learned the ten finger system. I was fast with 2 fingers but after having learned to type things really improved. 

But its only useful if you do a lot of data entry.

22 hours ago, robblok said:

No links, think you might have to buy on amazon UK or somethinglike that.

But what i read is that the only thing an US keyboard does not have is a pound symbol. So unless you use that a lot I don't understand why one would want an UK keyboard (maybe because you are used to it). Also if you buy a gaming keyboard you can assign a pound symbal to any key you want. (depending on what gaming keyboard).

I had some problems that i needed a Dutch keyboard (. and ,) were switched so i just let the game keyboard put a , when i pressed the . key. Problem solved. 

The £ and € are missing, also the " and @ are swapped.

2 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

The £ and € are missing, also the " and @ are swapped.

You can easily (on many game keyboards) remap keys. Meaning that when you press $ you get pound or euro and you can swap the keys. 

Might be cheaper as looking for a UK keyboard. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Then you might not have learned to type with 10 fingers but you do know the keys by heart. I have been using computers since I was below 10 yea. I knew how to use a word processor and stuff like that before i ever learned the ten finger system. I was fast with 2 fingers but after having learned to type things really improved. 

True. I use two fingers and don't look at the screen when typing. I look at the keyboard. The point being, if you are typing looking at the screen, it should not be problem what is on the keyboard (Thai and English characters). I am looking at the keyboard and I still don't have problem when there are two characters per key on the keyboard. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 7:49 AM, Bigz said:

AliExpress

Agree with that. For English only keyboards the best bet is AliExpress. Very well priced, takes 10-14 days to arrive and no custom duty. My preferred keyboard brand is Rapoo.