Thai Education ministry apologizes for posting altered photograph of Deputy Minister wading through flood, general flood situation updated

webfact

1 hour ago, RotBenz8888 said:

There you have it, the very core of the Thai education system: Cheating! 

I often wonder when some kids demand "better education", are they ready for what is involved?

An improvement would immediately involve zero tolerance on cheating and the ability to fail and leave school with nothing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

There actually is a "cyber" law against spreading false news on the internet. Can we assume that this ministry will be prosecuted accordingly?

I mean, what's good for the goose (us, the unwashed public) also should be good for the gander (the government), right? Or does the Thai government not have to observe its own laws, perhaps? Is it exempted?

On a different note, there actually should be 2 charges: one for spreading a fake picture, claiming it to be factual; and another for having delivered one of the worst, most amateurish Photoshoip jobs I have ever seen anywhere.  

Computer criminal act section 14

Section 14. If any person commits any offence of the following acts shall be subject to

imprisonment for not more than five years or a fine of not more than one hundred thousand baht or both:

(1) that involves import to a computer system of forged computer data, either in whole or in part, or false

computer data, in a manner that is likely to cause damage to that third party or the public;

(2) that involves import to a computer system of false computer data in a manner that is likely to

damage the country's security or cause a public panic;

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Isan. See it all the time.

I've got several shirts with similar patterns. I love em as they're considered appropriate, formal attire for teachers to wear to work. Very comfortable. If I wanted to wear bloody dress shirts and ties, I would've stuck with an office job back in the States.

Just now, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I've got several shirts with similar patterns. I love em as they're considered appropriate, formal attire for teachers to wear to work. Very comfortable. If I wanted to wear bloody dress shirts and ties, I would've stuck with an office job back in the States.

It's actually a Pa-kow Ma that they fold up and wrap it around the waist. Basically a loincloth or short sarong. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

There you have it, the very core of the Thai education system: Cheating! 

In a nutshell. But don't just stop at Education - widen your net to include politicians buying  substandard vaccines; police ignoring crimes because there was nothing in it for them; hotels inventing patrons to qualify for grants ... please feel free to add;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The photo is not unlike that of US Congresswoman AOC crying at a chain link fence, into a supposed immigrant detention facility, though no one was there. I'm actually a Democrat myself and still disagree with it.

Just lazy, these photo ops. How difficult would it be to actually go to the real location, and do the real thing, rather than staging it?

22 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

It's actually a Pa-kow Ma that they fold up and wrap it around the waist. Basically a loincloth or short sarong. 

And basically used as a swinging cradle for babies, to tie 2 items together, as a towel, for carrying small items in, for. . . . .

I used to pack one with me when travelling somewhere. I used it as a towel, quick drying and sometimes better than hotel-supplied towels.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bobandyson said:

And basically used as a swinging cradle for babies, to tie 2 items together, as a towel, for carrying small items in, for. . . . .

I used to pack one with me when travelling somewhere. I used it as a towel, quick drying and sometimes better than hotel-supplied towels.

Indeed. Very versatile.