Getting tons of spam after requesting Thai Insurance quotes for Visa/COE applications

I requested quotes from several different Health and Covid Insurance companies in Thailand while applying for our O/A visas and COE's, and now my e-mail inbox is getting filled up with spam messages like crazy. On a hunch I went back into some of the websites and found that when applying for a quote at at least one of the companies you have to click a box that says you agree to them providing your information to third parties for marketing purposes. Not all of the companies are doing so, but it's something to be aware of.

Edited by Lee4Life

Same thing happened to me in the states, I filled out an online estimate for life insurance from one company (nothing to do with Thailand) and for the next month or so I'd get phone calls and e-mails from one insurance company after another. 

10 minutes ago, bbko said:

so I'd get phone calls

My mother had a good way of dealing with these calls.  She would open by encouraging the caller saying she was interested then tell them to hang on while she went to see who was at the front door.

Then she would carry on doing whatever and after 30 minutes put the phone back on the receiver.

That company pretty soon gave up.

The e-mails I have been getting are mostly of the phishing and scamming variety. I have been adding the sender's addresses to my blocked e-mails list but the same e-mails just come under a different sender's name. Pretty sure all of the e-mailer's names are fake.