American man arrested for rape of massage worker in Khon Kaen

Jonathan Fairfield

13 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

He has reportedly blamed it all on his being high on drugs at the time so of course it is not his fault at all - the world is to blame for making him high.  ????

given that he'll be tried in thai courts under thai law it's actually not a bad defense strategy

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Almer said:

Not suggesting but waiting with interest the final report, the reporting has been somewhat poor to say the least.

don't hold your breath or expect anything resembling the truth - this guy I have no doubt is very guilty of something - but ...............................................we will never know what really went on here IMO, I will reach my own conclusions when I hear about 12 year kids and attempted rape, this story is more than the lady in the massage shop and nobody wants to tell it, we might find out more if his full name is released IMO

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

don't hold your breath or expect anything resembling the truth - this guy I have no doubt is very guilty of something - but ...............................................we will never know what really went on here IMO, I will reach my own conclusions when I hear about 12 year kids and attempted rape, this story is more than the lady in the massage shop and nobody wants to tell it, we might find out more if his full name is released IMO

His full name was released yesterday along with his ID on this or another thread. Robert Andrew Gordon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

His full name was released yesterday along with his ID on this or another thread. Robert Andrew Gordon

Also, a full face photo (i.e. unmasked) is available on the banned one; seems very attached to his shades for some reason.

• Like 1

American man arrested in Bangkok after alleged raping of massage therapist and attempted sexual abuse of girl in Khon Kaen

242652453_4599857276743672_3055592178979289492_n.jpeg

A 37-year-old American man who allegedly raped a female massage therapist and attempted to sexually abuse a 12-year-old girl in Khon Kaen has been arrested in Bangkok, according to the Royal Thai Police.

Major General Damronsak Kittiprapat, the Deputy Commander of the Royal Thai Police, told the press earlier today, October 2nd, 2021, “On September 27th A 37-year-old American man had been accused of attacking and raping a 45-year-old female massage therapist at a massage shop, leaving her bloodied and beaten, in Khon Kaen City before speeding away on a red sports-style motorbike.”

“Shortly after the incident at the massage shop around 1:00 P.M., he attempted to commit sexual abuse to a 12-year-old girl (Some reports from Thai media have stated the victim was 13) who was helping her parents sell honey at a roadside stall on Mittraphap Road in Ban Pai during the daytime. He stopped his motorbike, which had no license plates, and assaulted the girl, exposing himself to her. The shocking incident was stopped by a passing oil tank driver as the girl’s parents were not immediately present. The oil truck driver beeped his horn several times, stopped his vehicle, and stepped out to attempt to forcefully stop the suspect, but the suspect fled on his motorbike. Following this incident and both police reports filed by the victims, we began to track down the foreign suspect, who showed no respect for Thai law or others.” Major General Damronsak stated.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/02/american-man-claiming-to-be-high-on-drugs-arrested-in-bangkok-after-alleged-raping-of-massage-therapist-and-attempted-sexual-abuse-of-young-girl-in-khon-kaen/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, rott said:

Come on Neero just because I criticise alcoholics, drug addicts, English teachers and the like it does not mean I'm criticising you or have low self-esteem. 

Got to have some pleasure in life, that's all. 

These are sick people, not bad. Have the same compassion as you would for a person with a known disease. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

These are sick people, not bad. Have the same compassion as you would for a person with a known disease. 

I've known a few alcoholics and recognise that it is a disease and not self-indulgence, not knowingly had any contact with those others mentioned. 

• Like 1

From the linked article -

According to Royal Thai Immigration, the suspect had entered Thailand back in January and applied for a long-term visa in Samui. 

However now living in Bangkok and if he really is only 37 then what visa could that have been - Elite................?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, EricTh said:

Did he have any criminal records before coming to Thailand? I think Thailand should start vetting dangerous criminals from now on.

If he has a visa other than tourist, I am pretty sure a criminal history was submitted in visa application process. I had to.

19 hours ago, EricTh said:

Did he have any criminal records before coming to Thailand? I think Thailand should start vetting dangerous criminals from now on.

Your comment reminds me of Thai Immigration efforts to do just that about 5 years ago. It lasted one year and it had me collapsing in laughter at the amateurish nature of their efforts. They had me type my name into my home country's police force search box and if nothing came up then it was all good. 

Their effort reflects a desire to do what you suggest. And the laughable failure reflects a brute reality: for most countries, criminal convictions are highly sensitive information which will not be revealed to random requesters. Typing even a serial killers name in many countries' websites will come back blank. The USA might be the giant exception. 

The Thai government would have to put together multiple treaty arrangements to do this with lots of qualifiers and reassurances. The West is understandably reluctant to provide such access to a backward country. 

Of course, both the UK and USA have permanent police representation in Bangkok and Pattaya to chase down severe crimes by their own citizens. The fashion has been to regard certain crimes as so heinous that even if committed outside the country they can be prosecuted by their country of citizenship. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, smedly said:

Agreed

56 minutes ago, 10baht said:

If he has a visa other than tourist, I am pretty sure a criminal history was submitted in visa application process. I had to.

In your case was the application for a non-OA visa back in your home country? As far as I am aware that is the only non-immigrant visa type for which a criminal records check is specifically required. And at age 37 the American referred to in the OP would, of course, have been far too young for a non-OA visa in any event. 

• Like 2