Covid extension denied

Went today,saterday,to Wattana for a Covid extension
I have a NON-O visa (married thai woman) till 05 october
Woman told me that i can go back to my country,but i can have the 60 day extension based on visiting my wife
I choose for option 1 Covid extension for the current situation......not accepted
No choice left then extension for visiting my wife
Little disappointed becaiuse i thought that is was no problem for getting a Covid extension
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They told me i can have after these 60 days a 1 year extension at MTT(400.000 baht or 40.000 baht min/per month)
I only need to show a incomeletter from my ambassy and not need to show 40.000 + from outside thailand in my bankbook
I wonder IF i NOT get an incomeletter from the ambassy....if i can show min 40.000 baht from abroad?
This is my first yearly extension and by my knowlege i have to show 2-3 month income from abroad
Now i can stay till 04 december
My last remark/question is.........can i still do a COVOD extension AFTER my "60 day extension based on visting my wife"

Thank you

They of insisted you do the standard 60 day extension to visit your wife before doing a covid 19 extension.

You may be able to apply for the 60 day covid extension before November 26th when the current extension for them ends.

If the embassy for your home country still does the proof income that is what immigration will insist you get instead of proving you income by transfers from abroad.

There is vague rule that allows for only 2 or 3 months of 40k baht transfers from abroad. Immigration have been insisting on 12 months of transfers unless you just arrived in the country on a non-o visa.

You would do the one year extension based upon upon marriage at Chaeng Wattana not MTT. MTT only does 30 day and 60 day covid  extensions for visa exempt entries.

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They of insisted you do the standard 60 day extension to visit your wife before doing a covid 19 extension.

You may be able to apply for the 60 day covid extension before November 26th when the current extension for them ends.

If the embassy for your home country still does the proof income that is what immigration will insist you get instead of proving you income by transfers from abroad.

There is vague rule that allows for only 2 or 3 months of 40k baht transfers from abroad. Immigration have been insisting on 12 months of transfers unless you just arrived in the country on a non-o visa.

You would do the one year extension based upon upon marriage at Chaeng Wattana not MTT. MTT only does 30 day and 60 day covid  extensions for visa exempt entries.

"Immigration have been insisting on 12 months of transfers unless you just arrived in the country on a non-o visa.

You would do the one year extension based upon upon marriage at Chaeng Wattana not MTT. MTT only does 30 day and 60 day covid  extensions for visa exempt entries."

Thank you as always for your respond
- Wattana officer explicit told me to do the 1 year at MTT
- I arrived on a NON-O visa till 05 oktober.............so when 04 december will come
i hope that 2-3 month income abroad will be accepted.400.000 is not reachable for me now
and 12 month prove 40000 is not possible because i arrived on 8 July
so confusing?..........................

16 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

Wattana officer explicit told me to do the 1 year at MTT

Unless they plan on doing them there in the future that is not correct info. They only do short term extensions at the K counter there.

That what this announcement from July states. https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/announcementcounter-k/

Longstay extensions are only done at Chaeng Wattana.

21 minutes ago, MICHAELDUTCH said:

I arrived on a NON-O visa till 05 oktober.............so when 04 december will come
i hope that 2-3 month income abroad will be accepted.400.000 is not reachable for me now
and 12 month prove 40000 is not possible because i arrived on 8 July
so confusing?.

You need to start doing the transfers as soon as possible and then go to the office and ask about using them.

Most people turned down had been here on multiple entry non-o visas for a long time. 

• Like 1

Just to be clear what many people misunderstand.

The Covid extension is intended as an emergency extension for those who do not qualify for any standard extension to be able to stay because it is impossible/impracticable to leave because of the current Covid situation.

The decision of the official at Chaengwattana in the OP's case was entirely correct. There was no need for the emergency Covid extension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gday 

Im confused about the extension possibilities...IT was written 60 days extension visiting the wife then the 12 months extension married to a thai national. ..I believed only 1 extension in a row is possible and one needs to leave the country. 

Wir

Roobaa01

2 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

Gday 

Im confused about the extension possibilities...IT was written 60 days extension visiting the wife then the 12 months extension married to a thai national. ..I believed only 1 extension in a row is possible and one needs to leave the country. 

Wir

Roobaa01

No. 

1 hour ago, roobaa01 said:

Gday 

Wir

Roobaa01

You are allowed only one of the very easy 60-day extensions to visit your wife for each fresh entry into Thailand. However, the number of one-year extensions you can get, assuming you meet the requirements, is unlimited. Some stay for decades on serial one-year extensions without ever setting foot outside Thailand.

• Like 2

There would now be very few people who could not have got home by now if they really wanted too,

& just using it as a way of staying.

The blanket extension may be gone by New Year & I would not blame them except in extenuating circumstances

51 minutes ago, natway09 said:

There would now be very few people who could not have got home by now if they really wanted too,

& just using it as a way of staying.

The blanket extension may be gone by New Year & I would not blame them except in extenuating circumstances

For many months, the only good reason for the Thai authorities to keep the automatic Covid extensions was that they do not want to force foreigners who are currently here to leave. The hospitality industry is already in a parlous state, and forcing many of its current limited clientele to leave Thailand would be ridiculously stupid. The fact that it would be incredibly stupid does not necessarily mean Thailand will not do it, however.