Bang Sue: 2nd Jab. Same As Before?

dddave

I received my 1st AZ jab in July at Bang Sue Grand Terminal when they were being given freely to those over 75.  I'm due for my 2nd jab October 8.  

Has anybody reading this already done their 2nd jab there? Is the set-up there now similar to the initial set-up? Door 1, ect.

I have received no communication regarding the 2nd jab nor do I have a phone no. or website to consult.  Any info appreciated.

You should have an appointment date on the paper they gave you. The ones I have seen from Bang Sue give a date but not a time.

Show up on that date, I suggest as early as possible , especially if it involves much of a trip for you.

I recently showed  up (other location) on the appointed day for my 2nd dose 2 hours before the appointed time only to find they had shut down operation due to running out of vaccine, had to return the next day which as you can imagine was jam packed.

You will get AZ as second dose (unless they have run out in which case they might offer you something else - if so and if it is Sinovac I suggest decline and return another day for the AZ).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

You should have an appointment date on the paper they gave you. The ones I have seen from Bang Sue give a date but not a time.

Show up on that date, I suggest as early as possible , especially if it involves much of a trip for you.

I recently showed  up (other location) on the appointed day for my 2nd dose 2 hours before the appointed time only to find they had shut down operation due to running out of vaccine, had to return the next day which as you can imagine was jam packed.

You will get AZ as second dose (unless they have run out in which case they might offer you something else - if so and if it is Sinovac I suggest decline and return another day for the AZ).

My first 'shot' at Bang Sue was through a text message invitation which had a time and date allocated. My paperwork for the follow up has a time and date so I will follow that unless I receive a text advising otherwise.

1238378896_Screenshot2021-10-04at11_18_03.png.d85f01dafabc189d03ad22b42f1d1e93.png

Good advice requesting AZ rather than Sinovac. Presently the UK will not  accept 2 doses of AZ administered in Thailand as being acceptable , so I would assume they have similar concerns over 'mixed' doses.

Hopefully Thursday may bring some clarity on the issue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pattaya1234was said:

I had my second jab at Bang Sue last Tuesday. More or less the same. You should receive an SMS the night before confirming the appointment. I was told, in Thai to enter through Gates 2,3 or4. I am sure sure which gate I used but it did have  0ver 75 on it! I was not given a blood pressure check but others did have to have the check. You then fill in the health/consent form and follow the crowd-not as many as before. There was nobody in the queue at my desk so that was quick.. My friend asked for Pfizer and got it-in another area.  You then have a 30 min recovery period during which time I tried to obtain a vaccine certificate. As I was one of the first to get the 2nd jab getting the certificate took a while as they have to generate the 13 digit ID number for you first. As always in Thailand patience is a virtue!. Friends were in and out in 45 mins. I took a bit longer due to the certificate delay. When you leave you will have only the certificate and original appointment form. So getting the 13 digit number is vital,

Really useful information and much appreciated.  Exactly what I was looking for, especially the importance on pursuing the certificate and ID number.  ???? KKK