Wheelie "big biker" comes a cropper as Suwat's "Smart Safety Zone" comes up trumps!

webfact

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

RTP chief Gen Suwat Chaengyodsuk's new Smart Safety Zone 4.0 has claimed its first arrest.

The bespectacled chief announced the pilot for the smart cop program recently at a virtual event that was much ridiculed online.

As part of the campaign there were 60 CCTV cameras installed in the Pak Chong area of Khao Yai on Route 3052 and these caught the antics of a group of Big Bikers who sealed off the road and did wheelies.

The cops managed to track down Uthen, 45, at a motorcycle shop and he admitted to doing a wheelie and was charged with negligent and scary riding and putting other road users in danger.

ยกล้อ-02-768x475.jpg

His Suzuki GSX-R1000A was also seized.

The court fined him 3,000 baht and ordered him jailed for one month, suspended for two years. 

ยกล้อ-03-768x446.jpg

The bikers' activities outside the Toscana caused widespread criticism online, reported Daily News

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Because HiSo people have weekend homes in Toscana valley shown in the picture.

Good point......roads resurfaced, street lighting put in, traffic lights ......the area has boomed since we started coming here in 2006.

• Like 1

Some of the best YouTube videos are "bikers vs cops".

The bikers intentionally antagonize the police, popping wheelies and flipping them the bird & use GoPro cameras to record the "cat & mouse" chase....then monetize the videos on YouTube. LOL

My favorite are the dirt bike vs police as they lead the cops all around town then zip off road.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Likely that rider riders a lot better than many others because to ride such a wheelie is not that simple.

And the road was closed.

In other news: a rich guy who killed a police officer with his car years ago is still free.

TiT

Guys just having fun, I tried to get my bike up a few times but no good, only when I hit a road bump.

52 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Guys just having fun, I tried to get my bike up a few times but no good, only when I hit a road bump.

With many bikes it's not too difficult to get them up. But difficult to keep them in the sweet spot and make sure you don't make a backward flip. I can still see the leftovers from my bloody knees when my wheelie performance with my 80cc bike 35 years ago still needed improvement... 

Ok. Illegal activity. Against the law. In a "sealed off street"? Is that legal?

I would prefer the police do something about the 2/3/4 up children of perhaps 7<10 year olds constantly cruising about  on a daily basis. Barely capable of keeping the bike upright when stationary, wobbling about as pillion passengers lurch around behind them "checking" progress and giving unqualified advice. I honestly believe that the parents of these children need be prosecuted and sentenced to not less than  6 months as unpaid assistants in ER's or EMS vehicles!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Good point......roads resurfaced, street lighting put in, traffic lights ......the area has boomed since we started coming here in 2006.

It also boomed after the Bangkok floods ,people scared of being flooded out again sold up and moved to the Khow Yai area .

That area being high up no flooding.

On 10/5/2021 at 4:33 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

My all time favorite is the Uppsala Run.

Obviously nobody should even think about trying that at home. But wow, that guy has balls.

A Legend is He !!!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 4:22 PM, DefaultName said:

Looks like the bike was even modified for wheelies; high rear footrests to stand on.

You are not a rider are you ...

Those pegs are for the passenger - or 'pillion' as the boys across the pond say

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1