Wise transfer today 397 times faster than the speed of sound. Boom!

Transferred this morning (Saturday) UK time and instantly into Bangkok Bank with Kasikorn as the Wise transfer partner.  Monthly expenses as the reason and no Borderless Account in the middle.

This was my first transfer for a couple of months and they offered me on-line and afterwards by email the opportunity to open a Wise UK account.  I declined, but for anyone that has done it, are there any benefits when bank transfer is as good as instant anyway, and is this the same as opening a Borderless Acccount?  Does this attract the slightly lower fees mentioned above (which I had previously assumed were Borderless Account transfer fees)?

I can also confirm that from the UK, the option was there to fund the transfer using a credit card.

15 hours ago, sapson said:

Thanks it does seem to be possible with CC deposit, will try and convert my friend away from WU with their outrageous exchange rates.

FYI When I use Debit card, effectively my current account money. The timing is the same. Instant ..until transferring the baht to my yellow bank account

6 hours ago, treetops said:

Transferred this morning (Saturday) UK time and instantly into Bangkok Bank with Kasikorn as the Wise transfer partner.  Monthly expenses as the reason and no Borderless Account in the middle.

This was my first transfer for a couple of months and they offered me on-line and afterwards by email the opportunity to open a Wise UK account.  I declined, but for anyone that has done it, are there any benefits when bank transfer is as good as instant anyway, and is this the same as opening a Borderless Acccount?  Does this attract the slightly lower fees mentioned above (which I had previously assumed were Borderless Account transfer fees)?

I can also confirm that from the UK, the option was there to fund the transfer using a credit card.

My TW account came with a British Bank address, ac number and sort code.

21 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

My TW account came with a British Bank address, ac number and sort code.

I've always transferred to TW British Bank details - this was something extra they appeared to be offering, akin to the Borderless Account although that wasn't actually mentioned.