Taxation in Thailand

Hi,

I'm currently working for a global organisation with an office in Thailand ; I've been talking to them about transferring there and i'm trying to work out how much tax I would be paying. I found a couple of tax calculators (e.g. https://www.icalculator.info/thailand.html) e.g. https://home.kpmg/xx/en/home/insights/2021/09/thailand-taxation-of-international-executives.html

I wanted to know if there was any additional tax to pay at all or that's it?

Many thanks + Best Wishes ????

By the way, the way it usually works is that you get paid the majority of your salary overseas and get paid local allowances IN Thailand.

I think the minumum requirement for a Farang is Baht 80,000 per month for tax.

So your company will be paying tax on that 80K, and nothing on what goes into your offshore account.

Use that in your negotiations.

15 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

By the way, the way it usually works is that you get paid the majority of your salary overseas and get paid local allowances IN Thailand.

I think the minumum requirement for a Farang is Baht 80,000 per month for tax.

So your company will be paying tax on that 80K, and nothing on what goes into your offshore account.

Use that in your negotiations.

Yes this is standard practice amongst international employers in Thailand, however if it’s a Thai company not sure if they will do this.

3 hours ago, wordchild said:

Yes this is standard practice amongst international employers in Thailand, however if it’s a Thai company not sure if they will do this.

OP is currently not in Thailand.

"I'm currently working for a global organisation with an office in Thailand ; I've been talking to them about transferring there"