What opportunities do we on an STV have to stay longer time?

Im on an STV and been here for almost 9 months.. I was told that covid 19 extensions are extended until the end of november which will grant me 2 months more to stay in the country. 

So after those 2 months are finished (and lets assume that there will no longer be any visa covid 19 extensions) what can we do then?

Laos and cambodia are closed, and it seems like "when" they open, they would only allow vaccinated people to enter (how about those doing visa runs only?) do we need vaccine too just to get that exemption so we can return to thailand and stay longer? isnt it possible to just cross the border, get the visa exemption, and then return to thailand without having to do more? i mean, i already have the STV, which includes the COE.

Or would we have to return to our own country to seek a TR? (receive a new COE) if thats the case, it would be the longest border run in history....

What can we do to stay longer when we're on an STV?

• Like 1

You options to stay in the country are limited to the 60 day covid extension.

It doesn't matter where you travel to it will mean getting a new COE to enter Thailand. You current one is worthless since it was only issued for one specific entry to the country.

There are a few countries you could travel to and return to get a visa exempt entry. You will need a new COE from the Thai embassy or official consulate located where you travel to. You would have to be in the other country long enough to get covid 19 test.

There have been a few people that have flown to Dubai and returned from there to get a new entry to the country.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sweetserenity said:

What can we do to stay longer when we're on an STV?

When does your current permission of stay end. 

You can obtain covid extensions up till late November. You could obtain covid extension late Nov and be able to stay untill late Jan (depending on current permit end date).

Perhaps by then a land border might be open. If they are not then covid extensions could be continued.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

If you are determined not to be vaccinated, your options going forward are going to be very limited. If fully vaccinated, travel to Singapore or Cambodia is likely to be possible before year end. As noted above, there is no standard extension possible when using an STV. If the Covid extensions are no longer available, the only possible option would be a very dubious medical extension arranged through an agent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There have been a few people that have flown to Dubai and returned from there to get a new entry to the country.

I assume that its because they have an SETV? that allows multiple entries is that correct? because from what i can understand is that no matter what, i would have to apply for a new visa in my home country, theres no way out

27 minutes ago, sweetserenity said:

I assume that its because they have an SETV? that allows multiple entries is that correct? because from what i can understand is that no matter what, i would have to apply for a new visa in my home country, theres no way out

You could enter visa exempt. And then change to another type of visa that you cannot do with the STV you have now. You would apply for a COE at the official Thai consulate in Dubai.

A multiple entry tourist visa has not been available since April of last year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could enter visa exempt. And then change to another type of visa that you cannot do with the STV you have now. You would apply for a COE at the official Thai consulate in Dubai.

A multiple entry tourist visa has not been available since April of last year.

Thanks for the information once again Joe