Botox / Dysport etc & Dermal Fillers - Bangkok

TVAVATAR

I use Dr. Donna at medconsult asia. Definitely the best price and she knows what she is doing.

https://www.medconsultasia.com/

She tends to be conservative in amount, if you like more extensive effect will need to tell her.

Also she has a range of brands including many from Korea. Your mileage may vary but for me, they did not work so I had to request actual Botox brand. (which she does have, though costs more than the Korean brands).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I use Dr. Donna at medconsult asia. Definitely the best price and she knows what she is doing.

https://www.medconsultasia.com/

She tends to be conservative in amount, if you like more extensive effect will need to tell her.

Also she has a range of brands including many from Korea. Your mileage may vary but for me, they did not work so I had to request actual Botox brand. (which she does have, though costs more than the Korean brands).

Thank you

Try the Skeyndor clinics.  They also have the US Brands of Botox which last longer.  Most of their doctors are also doctors from the major hospital dermatology centers. A 100unit bottle of the original Botox from the US, which you buy, was 20k and they keep the bottle stored with your information in a refrigerator and you get a sheet showing how much was used at the time of use and then how much is left.  You name is also put on the bottle.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TVAVATAR said:

Hi Jack could you let me know the other clinics you refer to please?

I'm not in Bangkok, so I don't have experience with a specific clinic there, but here the pricing of some random clinic that showed up on Google:

https://www.vsquareclinic.com/promotion-botox/

589027871_-.thumb.jpg.6e4fe1e68795d4b0c66a75919a2a879f.jpg

These prices are similar to the prices which I saw at a clinic in Chiang Mai.

I think these are about the standard prices. Maybe 1000 or 2000 more or less depending on the clinic, but medconsultasia would charge you 20k for 100 units of botulax which sounds way overpriced.

36 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

and they keep the bottle stored with your information in a refrigerator and you get a sheet showing how much was used at the time of use and then how much is left.  You name is also put on the bottle.

Afaik opened vials should be discarded after 4 weeks because they are no longer safe to use due to contamination risk, so this practice sounds unsafe to me.

Edited by jackdd

22 hours ago, jackdd said:

I'm not in Bangkok, so I don't have experience with a specific clinic there, but here the pricing of some random clinic that showed up on Google:

I think these are about the standard prices. Maybe 1000 or 2000 more or less depending on the clinic, but medconsultasia would charge you 20k for 100 units of botulax which sounds way overpriced.

Afaik opened vials should be discarded after 4 weeks because they are no longer safe to use due to contamination risk, so this practice sounds unsafe to me.

Even after opening the bottle, if it has not been diluted with the saline, which only the drawn out amount normaly is, the bottle can be stored safely at the correct temperatures and as below can be stored for a fair amount of time.  

https://www.medicadepot.com/blog/how-do-you-store-your-botox-you-may-just-be-doing-it-wrong.html

"No matter how old the solution, each was equally effective at relaxing the treated muscle, and the effects lasted just as long. Other researchers found similar results using older Botox solutions on glabellar lines. When they compared freshly-prepared solution to solution that was up to 43 days old, they found similar results. These studies show that you can save your Botox solution for future use, reducing waste and stretching your budget."

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Even after opening the bottle, if it has not been diluted with the saline, which only the drawn out amount normaly is, the bottle can be stored safely at the correct temperatures and as below can be stored for a fair amount of time.  

https://www.medicadepot.com/blog/how-do-you-store-your-botox-you-may-just-be-doing-it-wrong.html

"No matter how old the solution, each was equally effective at relaxing the treated muscle, and the effects lasted just as long. Other researchers found similar results using older Botox solutions on glabellar lines. When they compared freshly-prepared solution to solution that was up to 43 days old, they found similar results. These studies show that you can save your Botox solution for future use, reducing waste and stretching your budget."

Thsi refers to at maximum four weeks.

Most people get Botox every at 6 month intervals (3-8 being the range,  shorter for new users, longer for old ones). Mine lasts 8 months.

If buying a 100cc bottle you'd need to store it for  1-3 years (depending in how much you use) which is certainly not recommended.

The "buy a bottle" approach would work only if shared by several people.

On 10/10/2021 at 9:30 AM, jackdd said:

Medconsultasia would not sell you a bottle of 100unit.  Can't imagine why any place would as it would be a waste.

I usually pay abut 4,000 baht there for 34 units. I have had Botox at literally cores of clinics in Bangkok over the years, all have cost significantly more.

Should note that the skill of the person injecting is very important, it is nto a simple matter of paying for the drug.

The usual practice at clinics is to consider 17 units "one area" e.g. forehead or crows feet etc.

41 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Thsi refers to at maximum four weeks.

Most people get Botox every at 6 month intervals (3-8 being the range,  shorter for new users, longer for old ones). Mine lasts 8 months.

If buying a 100cc bottle you'd need to store it for  1-3 years (depending in how much you use) which is certainly not recommended.

The "buy a bottle" approach would work only if shared by several people.

I buy a bottle and it last around 18 weeks.  I get injections into my mandible area, both sides once every 6 weeks, as it helps to stop me from the grinding of my teeth that I do.  The doctor uses around 15 units or so on each side.  There has never been a problem with it not working at the 18 week period, so thats right around 4.5 months.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

I buy a bottle and it last around 18 weeks.  I get injections into my mandible area, both sides once every 6 weeks, as it helps to stop me from the grinding of my teeth that I do.  The doctor uses around 15 units or so on each side.  There has never been a problem with it not working at the 18 week period, so thats right around 4.5 months.

Cosmedtic use is much less frequent than 6 week interval. As mentioned, 3-8 month intervals.

Ok Sheryl defintely knows what she is talking about. 

Medconsult are a good price. Also for maintenance of wrinkles etc it is usually more the 25-50 unit range. I have had 100 units but that was the first time ever having and a once off. 

Ryan's case is completely different. Most people wouldn't reuse vials. 

I would however like to have Jacks Googling skills! Haha. They didn't come up in my searches (but I am looking more for fillers as I think thats a better way to gauge price). I think the prices are closer than you think. 4000 thb for 34 units vs 100 unit options at more 9000 thb (it's the next image down on the link for general wrinkles). So basically worth getting quotes from both of them. 

Thank you! That was really helpful stuff. Hopefully it helps others also.