Thailand reports 10,630 new COVID-19 cases, 73 deaths

webfact

37 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Hearsay, really.

It is true that Pfizer seems to wane unfortunately.

Medical staff are particularly at risk, obviously.  It's likely that Pfizer still does a good job for ordinary folk imo.

Yes, my local community pharmacist is no doubt making the cases up.

As is my local hospital doctor who is equally as cautious.

Well aware there will be a booster campaign. Unfortunately, each individual will have differing immunity lengths.

Anyway, let's see what happens going forward.

The authorities are concerned about the surge in anti-vaccination TikTok clips, which is also sparking worries among parents and students about the side effects of Pfizer shots

Deputy government spokesperson Ratchada Dhnadirek said on Saturday that 71 per cent or 3.8 million of Thailand’s 5 million students in the 12-18 age range had registered for a Covid-19 jab.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40007274

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 118: 288,016 <— Sat

DAY 119: 281,070 <— Sun

DAY 120: 770,947

DAY 121: 734,804

DAY 122: 730,807

DAY 123: 911,677

DAY 124: 1,010,072

TOTAL: 59,308,772 doses since 28 February

31.9% of people now fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1446722325492109315

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, anchadian said:

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 118: 288,016 <— Sat

DAY 119: 281,070 <— Sun

DAY 120: 770,947

DAY 121: 734,804

DAY 122: 730,807

DAY 123: 911,677

DAY 124: 1,010,072

TOTAL: 59,308,772 doses since 28 February

31.9% of people now fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1446722325492109315

Just heard Calum Semple, one of the UK government sage advisers, saying that the herd immunity level is at least 85%.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The number of rapid tests is almost two thirds of PCR tested cases.  That is still showing a large number of positive Covid cases as well when you total everything up.  How many more are testing at home and not reporting they are positive because they do not want to be possibly removed from their location by the medical folks.  One also wonders how many may be from new clusters that have not been exposed yet.  Never have heard anymore on the follow-up and new testing they did in Khlong Toei a few weeks back.  Why are they still hiding things from the general public.  Sure there will be someone along to say that if cases were rampant it would be all over social media and blab blab blab, but that has never been the case here in Thailand, as very few people are strong enough to challenge this government.  We have definitely hit a ne plateau here with cases, I can only hope that as more are vaccinated the numbers decline, but then like any other virus Covid is here to stay so we will always see numbers.  A daily average like we are seeing is more than what we can expect when the majority are vaccinated.  

Unusual for cases to plateau like this. Nornally they move in one direction or the other.  It looks like it is pausing before another leg up but I hope not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Just heard Calum Semple, one of the UK government sage advisers, saying that the herd immunity level is at least 85%.

Just as a matter of personal interest, and nothing else, in estimating herd immunity with 85% vaccinated, does anybody know if the estimation computation include variables such as number of people already exposed to Covid, demography and country population spread for example?

3 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Unusual for cases to plateau like this. Nornally they move in one direction or the other.  It looks like it is pausing before another leg up but I hope not. 

It is a wired anomaly that all I can link to is a lack of true testing which would show it going either up or down.  I fear that the CCSA and government folks are so concerned with the possibility of numbers still going upwards that they are doing everything in their power to make it look just the complete and polar opposite.  My reasoning for this view is the number of ATK tests being used and those testing positive but not added as a case.  It also smells like they are fearful for tourism if true numbers are known. 

I am sure just like the rest of the world, tourists would come if the true numbers and cases were announced and if there was no quarantine or the forcing them into a facility either an ASQ, Hospitel, or Hospital if they tested positive via a PCR test. 

The folks I know speak of it being a total inequity for them to be tested via a PCR test when the locals that would be servicing them at restaurants, hotels and so on are being tested via ATK tests and if positive made to isolate at home.  If I were to head back to the US and then return here, have to do a 7 day quarantine, and then found positive, I would want to be able to head to my home in Bangkok and isolate and not spend the next 2 weeks in some government sponsored holding facility.  Just my view of course.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Thats Thailand. Great news! 

Thailand is aiming for 70%.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/thailand-aims-vaccinate-70-people-by-september-2021-05-19/

That article says 70% by September.

It's the 9th October and 30% fully vaccinated.

Useless as usual, Thailand never let's you down.

That's not so great.

5 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

It's the first hand experience of a local health care professional not a MORI poll.

It is well known the efficiency of the vaccines wane and over 9 months since the start of the UK vaccination campaign.

Vaccines do not wane. The antibodies produced wane over time. However memory B-cells can last for decades. You certainly don't want neurtalising antibodies circulating for years. It is not necessary. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

Thailand is aiming for 70%.

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/thailand-aims-vaccinate-70-people-by-september-2021-05-19/

That article says 70% by September.

It's the 9th October and 30% fully vaccinated.

Useless as usual, Thailand never let's you down.

That's not so great.

Your point noted. It has been posted regularly on here that the most important aspect regarding numbers of Covid cases, deaths etc is the rolling average over the last 7 days especially since Delta started and not to look at the "pandemic" in it's entirety. After an agonisingly slow and infuriating start to vaccination in Thailand, looking at the recent or last 7 days of vaccination numbers would it be fair to say that things are finally progressing well and moving forward?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

looking at the recent or last 7 days of vaccination numbers would it be fair to say that things are finally progressing well and moving forward

Yep over a million again on magic Friday.

Nup.

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I am wondering hoe they get all these vaccines???probably 10 times more because under the skin jabs...

Very good question as to how many have been given via the new technique so they can save vaccines. Would be nice to see the Stats on that.

*Deleted post edited out*

I may well be wrong. No one knows.

Australia certainly has become more realistic.

Thought New Zealand where adopting a zero covid policy.

It depends on how the Thai government react to any pressure on their health care system.

To be fair, there does not seem to be the same vaccine hesitancy as the west and most Thai's want a vaccine.

Edited by Scott

Wording now changing a little to 'hopes' and provided no new serious clusters................

The government hopes to reopen Bangkok and some towns in four provinces to foreigners without a quarantine requirement from November 1, government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana said on Saturday.

The towns waiting to reopen are Muang, Mae Rim, Mae Taeng and Doi Tao in Chiang Mai, Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan, Cha-am in Phetchaburi and Pattaya City, Bang Lamung and Sattahip in Chonburi.

“These places will be reopened provided there are no big or serious infection clusters between now and November 1,” he said. “The other conditions for visitors are that they must be fully jabbed and test negative for Covid-19 before arrival.”

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40007279

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

maybe less severe cases because of the vaccinations, but still numbers are going up.. 18.000 today for the third day on a row up. Surprisingly the numbers in prison suddenly only 72...Any way numbers still high in general public.. 

Herd immunity ? What wonders me is why its never reported separate how many inmates have died as they do with the infections. Or am I missing something ?

• Like 1