Vaccine certificate or green card for travel to EU

bangkokgalaxy

I've received a full 2-dose Pfizer vaccine in Thailand. I need to travel to France, Germany and Italy and (possibly) the UK

in early 2022. Does anyone know how to covert or register with my Thai vaccine certificate to ensure easy and universal

access while entering these countries, eating out, going to museums, flying regionally, etc? 

I've been traveling around Europe for a few months now. It's really hit and miss what's accepted. I've got a CDC card. Which wasn't accepted for the Azores, even though it was for Portugal.

I tried to get it converted here to an EU digital certificate. No luck here in Portugal. But heard you can do so in France. Who knows.

Guaranteed, by next year, things will change! That's been the frustrating part. Rules constantly changing.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

somebody claimed yesterday he was able to convert thai yellow vax pass into green card while in europe.

I don't know which country and how easy it was/how long it took..

My consulate refused any help, even to give any info, how to proceed before travel to europe.

Hence I am planning to enter europe through switzerland as transit, got their local pcr test at zurich train station and travel on my country ID to my home country, where I will have J&J.

I am just waiting for confirmed opening of thailand in november.

As to France doing green card - I think only for students and foreign workers. Not for tourists, transfers

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vandk said:

what about the pcr test in Suvanabhumi , is this still required for flights to Europe ?

Depends on the airline and where you are going. But generally, yes. PCR tests are even required for some flights inside Europe.

• Thanks 1

IF you, for instance, take KLM to Amsterdam and check the travel requirements (on the KLM website click on COVID 19 which will direct you to a site called  https://klm.traveldoc.aero) for your flight from BKK. It then shows that you need either a PCR test no longer than 48h OR an antigen test no longer than 24h before flight departure. This is in line with the official Dutch Govt entry regulations.

BKK-AMS:

Covid-19 Test Required: Passengers aged 12 years and older travelling from a high-risk or very high-risk area outside the EU/Schengen area must hold one of the following:

• A negative NAAT test (PCR, RT PCR, LAMP, TMA and mPOCT) result conducted up to 48 hours before boarding; or
  • A negative antigen test result conducted up to 24 hours before boarding.

Be careful of what you read on this forum and check with the airline yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, internationalism said:

somebody claimed yesterday he was able to convert thai yellow vax pass into green card while in europe.

I don't know which country and how easy it was/how long it took..

My consulate refused any help, even to give any info, how to proceed before travel to europe.

Hence I am planning to enter europe through switzerland as transit, got their local pcr test at zurich train station and travel on my country ID to my home country, where I will have J&J.

I am just waiting for confirmed opening of thailand in november.

As to France doing green card - I think only for students and foreign workers. Not for tourists, transfers

I for one. I wouldn't appeal to the Embassy, mine in Bangkok is useless for such things. I contacted the local authority in my province in charge of issuing Green Passes. Less than 24 hours.

Your plan might work too. Be aware that at the moment it's 10 days self-isolation on arrival for many countries in Europe, when arriving from Thailand. I am hoping for a change soon on the footsteps of UK.

https://reopen.europa.eu/en/

As for reopening of Thailand in November, what do you mean? Or better, what do they mean? Nobody knows. What I expect is a kind of Sandbox in Bangkok and a few others.  Happy to be contraddicted.

I've been in Italy for over 2 months now, (I'm a US citizen).... since I cannot get the "Green Pass" I just show my white CDC Vaccination Card when entering and it's gotten me in just about everywhere. especially tourist areas that are aware of this.

• Like 1